Sween, you got some competition

dayday 9,612 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/25/big.fish.ap/index.htmlFisherman hauls in 124-pound catfish[/b]Wednesday, May 25, 2005 Posted: 1:25 PM EDT (1725 GMT) ALTON, Ilinois (AP) -- Tim Pruitt went fishing and pulled up a whopper of a beast.No, seriously: It was roughly the size of a sixth-grader.Pruitt, casting his line in the Mississippi River on Sunday, hauled up a 58-inch long, 44-inch around blue catfish that weighed a whopping 124-pounds.To get a sense of just how big that is, the state record holder was a mere 85 pounds and the world record holder tipped the scales at 121 pounds, eight ounces."My adrenaline was really pumping, so it wasn't that bad," said Pruitt. "Later on, when I was lifting him out of the livewell and into another tank I really felt the weight."Now, Pruitt, whose fish has already been weighed in the presence of a conservation police officer and measured by a biologist for the Illinois Department of Natural Resources, is expected to submit documentation to the International Game Fish Association so that it can be certified a world record holder.Once that's done, the catch should be approved as the world's largest blue catfish, replacing the current champion that was caught January 16, 2004, in Lake Texoma, Texas, said Becky Reynolds, a spokeswoman for the association.

Comments

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    so weird, my co-worker was just looking at this story.

• Options
    I'd shit my pants if I pulled something that big onto the beach.

I had a dream the other night that I was fishing for those big-ass Museum of Natural History whales with local legend Billy "The Greek" Legakis. He was surly like Jinx.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/25/big.fish.ap/index.html

Fisherman hauls in 124-pound catfish[/b]

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 Posted: 1:25 PM EDT (1725 GMT)

ALTON, Ilinois (AP) -- Tim Pruitt went fishing and pulled up a whopper of a beast.

No, seriously: It was roughly the size of a sixth-grader.

Pruitt, casting his line in the Mississippi River on Sunday, hauled up a 58-inch long, 44-inch around blue catfish that weighed a whopping 124-pounds.

Catfish = 124 LBS

Adam Klein = 117 LBS

slim and trim baby, I keeps it sexy

• Options
    Catfish has more facial hair too

K.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Catfish has more facial hair too

K.

no joke man.

hurts to know that even if I wanted to I couldn't grow an ironic moustache

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    anyone seen "Oakie Noodling"? its a documentary about dudes that fish for giant catfish by hand...arm in the mouth and out through the gills, then wrestle the beast out of the water...dudes pull catfish that size out of the water by hand..crazy shit. its an entertaining watch.

• Options

anyone seen "Oakie Noodling"? its a documentary about dudes that fish for giant catfish by hand...arm in the mouth and out through the gills, then wrestle the beast out of the water...dudes pull catfish that size out of the water by hand..crazy shit. its an entertaining watch.

Never saw the documentary, but I read an article about that last week. They made a point of mentioning that it is usually done in "rural" areas. They go into the holes where the catfish are guarding their eggs and pull them out. YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAH

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    YESSS! this story is awesome. gigantic fish rule

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I did see that. "If there's no blood, then you aint doin it right"

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

I think they have snippets of that on the newer Diplo DVD that came with the latest pressing of Florida.

Herm

• Options
    More on this from the current Yahoo story....

The fish has been kept alive and will be on display in a tank at the Cabela's Outfitter store in Kansas City, Kan., according to the Illinois Department of Natural Resources.

Pruitt, 33, of Godfrey, told the (Peoria) Journal Star's outdoors columnist that he considered releasing the fish in the river but decided to donate it to Cabela's "because I thought it might be neat to give people a chance to see a fish that massive."

Poor fish.