lets talk about VHS raers (moviestrut related)

SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
i'm talking about tapes that haven't made it to dvd and probably never will!!!talkin about uncut swedish kung-fu flicks, "wild style" WITH the bells i'm talking bout "crossing delancy" which is one of the few 'rom-coms' i can stand...TAPES!

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    "wild style" WITH the bells

I got the handmade version that Charlie Ahern sold from his crib with the original artwork, typewriter label...

RAER

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    damn, that's what i'm talking about!
    did "the deadly art of survival" ever come out on tape?

i member being sad about losing this tape i bought back in 96' cause it had a bunch of vintage micheal holeman stuff on it. then i saw that "graffiti rock" dvd and all the extra footage was from that tape. i always wondered what the full tape of that jam from the bronx looked like.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I got all the NMS battles...

I also got handycam footage I shot at the DMC World Finals in 2001 in the UK when Tony Prince called DJ Craze's wifey's bobbies "gold turntables"...

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts

• Courtesy of Tom Noble, I've got the best ski flick ever: Hot Ice. Ski School may make it to DVD, and possibly even Hot Dogs (one, but two?), but Hot Ice will always be .

PS Tom, I'll send it back to you one day, I promise.

• Superfuzz.......80s raer about a cop with powers who turns weak when he sees the color pink...or something like that......highly doubt that evar went digital....

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    some of those old disney movies still go nutty on ebay....

RARE

• FSNSFSNS 163 Posts
    Before Criterion got the rights to them. Had a nice raer collection of VHSs.

My latest score is Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse[/b]. My brother and I sat in a room of over 10,000 VHS to get rid of. They will never release this on DVD.

• Hey FSNS,

I'm pretty sure I rented that on DVD?.....whatever the case, that is a great great documentary

• FSNSFSNS 163 Posts
    Hey FSNS,

I'm pretty sure I rented that on DVD?.....whatever the case, that is a great great documentary

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005JKOS?v=glance

• soupsoup 69 Posts
    Hey FSNS,

francis doesn't like the way he's portrayed in hearts of darkness so it's doubtful it will ever be officially released again.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    As an interesting sidenote, apparently there is a big $ market of old timey time hard to find movies on VHS being bought by old people who haven't bought a DVD player. My friend was telling me about a movie called "Dr Urlich's Magic Bullet" which she sold for $180[/b]. Used VHS

• FSNSFSNS 163 Posts
    We have moved passed the vhs, found two working LaserDisc players at a flea market last year for 20 bucks. Working on a crate of some nice OOP films....

a Holy Grail of LD and DVD.....

CRITERION HEADZ KNOW THE DEAL

• Superfuzz.......80s raer about a cop with powers who turns weak when he sees the color pink...or something like that......highly doubt that evar went digital....

Ernest Borgnine rare.
    It was the color red, by the way.
    Never ever seen this post-1984.

Supaaa supaaa...supasupasupa...

Ernest Borgnine rare.

I remember that shit, Ernest imagining he "can dance like Fred Astaire", and that kid blows that huge parachute sized bubble from his gum, and Ernest is riding on it.

Good call.

Ernest Borgnine rare.

I remember that shit, Ernest imagining he "can dance like Fred Astaire", and that kid blows that huge parachute sized bubble from his gum, and Ernest is riding on it.

Good call.

Super Fuzz is available on Italian DVD as Super Snooper. Great Terrence Hill/Bud Spencer buddy flick! Do they call cops snoopers in Italy?

...but what about this mid-80's competitive aerobics flick? Total Flashdand rip-off sleazeball trash that got highjacked by Dodgeball!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Superfuzz.......80s raer about a cop with powers who turns weak when he sees the color pink...or something like that......highly doubt that evar went digital....

Ernest Borgnine rare.

Good call.

Real good call.

Buckstone County Prison - but I havent really hunted for it.

• snosno 332 Posts
    I bought this box set when I got the pay cheque of my first real job. The exquisite booklet, and all the extra is just next level. Although the subsequent SE DVD has better image quality, but back in the days, the ability to watch the title sequence frame-by-frame thanks to the CAV format is already mind-blowing.

Speaking of Criterion Collection LD boxsets...
    The "Brazil" CC LD box is absolutely gorgeous while "The Rock" is just a pointless exercise.

a Holy Grail of LD and DVD.....

CRITERION HEADZ KNOW THE DEAL

I would really like to know why the LD and DVD of this title fetch so much loot considering there's a BFI version of it in wide circulation, also to the fact that apart from a commentary, there's nothing much to the DVD extra department...Thanks in advance.

• i'm talking about tapes that haven't made it to dvd and probably never will!!!
    talkin about uncut swedish kung-fu flicks,
    "wild style" WITH the bells

i'm talking bout "crossing delancy" which is one of the few 'rom-coms' i can stand..

TAPES!

up the academy

• I would really like to know why the LD and DVD of this title fetch so much loot considering there's a BFI version of it in wide circulation, also to the fact that apart from a commentary, there's nothing much to the DVD extra department...Thanks in advance.

It's a combination of Criterion fetishism and it being the only R1 version made available.

• snosno 332 Posts
    Thanks for the

• I don't know if this counts, but I sold a copy of Vinyl The Movie on VHS for $70 a few months ago.

• up the academy

A local sports radio dude here in Chicago was in this movie.
    And he let's you know it every day.

What's up with Max Dugan Returns?

Sidebar: Could anybody finish Ikari Warriors?

• RAD
    RAD
    RAD
    RAD

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

RARE

'Song Of The South' is a good Disney movie, probably the best one I have seen.

It was banned forever and then finally got an extremely limited release sometime in the 80s i think.. pretty sure it was supposed to come out in the 40s , but I could be wrong.

• My latest score is Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse[/b]. My brother and I sat in a room of over 10,000 VHS to get rid of. They will never release this on DVD.

bought my vhs of this new from Borders some years back, glad i did. Didnt know Francis was cokblocking dvd.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

RARE

'Song Of The South' is a good Disney movie, probably the best one I have seen.

It was banned forever and then finally got an extremely limited release sometime in the 80s i think.. pretty sure it was supposed to come out in the 40s , but I could be wrong.

Most of the copies I've seen are from the Japanese laserdisc edition...

• snosno 332 Posts
    The Japanese LD version is the last legit incarnation of Song of the South. European versions are VHS only.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    is the original rollerball out on dvd yet?

It came out in 1998. While the release is far from a deluxe package (no meticulous digital remastering), it does have a commentary from director Norman Jewison and a very dated behind-the-scenes documentary.