kings of digging (youtube related)

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central

I dunno if this has been posted all ready but this is pretty cool.

Comments

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    I like the bit were Amir is talking about raiding the flooded basement for records.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    that's the bol.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Love it.

Really excited and there's not really nicer and more deserving dudes than the dudes right here, on the strength.

Also I really like the part where Amir says the thing about respecting the ear more than the collecting, and about people not being able to truly lay claim to "King Of Digging" - both points which are dead on. But when that little crown pops up, that shit is the shit.

I'm very excited about the record and about the continued success of good fellows and upstanding members of the comunity.

Also, it's just REALLY GOOD to see Show. That made me super happy.

• Yo, Alien,
    Thanks for the kind words! It's been a struggle for the last ten years, but Kon and I really appreciate the love from mad cats on what we do! The funny thing about the comment I made about no one can call themselves the King of Diggin' is that BBE/K7 wanted to edit that part out. They said it wouldn't sound good being that the comp. is called the Kings of Diggin'. As for Show, that was def. a good look from him! Hopefully, we'll see you in Berlin on the 16th.

Peace,
    Amir

• that cover of Brick sounds nice

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Yeah! Cool, a party tomorrow.

Now, I want to check this comp! I'm sure it's better than the last few BBE records though.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Yo Amir when you cats comming to Australia??

• yo, we would love to come to Australia. Do you know any promoters that would be interested in bringing us out there. Let me know.
    amir

• ^^

the old chestnut - for what its worth your comp did get a bit of publicity down here when it dropped, and I be seeing Jake One's name in print as well, anyhows, you and them rub dudes should all come down !! a tie-in of sorts with one of the summer fest's kinda seems most logical

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Amir What's the record you play in the store?

Some thoughts. I love that an artist can make great art from anything. In the Picasso museum in Paris there's a bike seat and handle bar that Pablo made into a bull's head found art sculpture. So simple and beautiful.

Second, "cause I'm cheap" is music to my ears. Give me a hundred $10 joints rather than $1000 heat.

• see you in Berlin on the 16th.

• and what the fuck is the shit they used for I Like to Way You Move?????

• I've seen this "collection" at every thrift store in the US...would be funny if he busted out something raw..I was waiting....

on another note...I too have found some weird shit in records (a dead mouse...which was paper thin, some doja/weed from like 1973 or some shit...a bag with reminants of cocaine...and a bit of cash!)..crazy stuff...I know that I've been with jinx before...and he's stuffed some 45s in records...and then poof! where'd I put those...haha...

co-sign on that...I have yet to find that one as well....

oh, and was anyone else stoked to see that showbiz seems to be the homie (I love their 1st 2lps...)...so it was cool to see him as real dude style...

are u serious?? the original is played on the radio at my work all the time. i hear it everyday. they didnt do much to it at all.

i dont know the artist or name of the song but it's some jazzy, easy-listening shit.