THE WIRE- season four

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Will Michael ice grill his way to the top of the marlo food chain?
    i think marlo and cutty are going to be battling over him but cutty will win eventually

yeah because that's clearly what happened with michaels thematic big brother avon...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Will Michael ice grill his way to the top of the marlo food chain?
    i think marlo and cutty are going to be battling over him but cutty will win eventually

yeah because that's clearly what happened with michaels thematic big brother avon...
    i'm trying to remain optimistic for the youth.

randy the schoolside hustlah is probably going to get deeply involved in street shit. he already has dude's death on his conscience so it will be easier for him to do get talked into doing dirt. by the way, him and cheese have the same last name, is that his son?

namond seems like he always has something to prove so i wouldn't be suprised if he got caught up in some street shit

dookie i dont even know

• Will Michael ice grill his way to the top of the marlo food chain?

randy the schoolside hustlah is probably going to get deeply involved in street shit. he already has dude's death on his conscience so it will be easier for him to do get talked into doing dirt. by the way, him and cheese have the same last name, is that his son?

namond seems like he always has something to prove so i wouldn't be suprised if he got caught up in some street shit

dookie i dont even know

namond is not hard.after the piss balloon fight, he broke out and looked after himself. the rest took lumps. lack of character.the show seems to look out for people who have strong backbones and some morality/loyalty

the fact that randy has a bit of conscience,a degree of empathy for people, and obvious smarts gives me hope he'll make some right decisions.

i was scared dookie was not going to survive putting that fan in the ill girl's face. his family looks cracked out, but he seems ready to jump on any chance someone offers him. hopefully he'll get noticed and get an opportunity.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I was also wondering if the VP or whoever she is is the same lady Cutty went to see after he got out of jail.....mmmmmm

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    episodes 6-10 and 13 leaked already

spoilerz

carcetti = mayor!
    and randy is a little snitching mufuckah!

• carcetti = mayor!

Could have guessed, and the preview for next week's shows randy snitching.

The bodies will come out and that will pretty much seal carcetti's win.
    I'm guessing marlo's trying to get himself in jail to finish off omar?
    Lot of good characters tho, this season is starting to get good.

• carcetti = mayor!

Could have guessed, and the preview for next week's shows randy snitching.

The bodies will come out and that will pretty much seal carcetti's win.
    I'm guessing marlo's trying to get himself in jail to finish off omar?
    Lot of good characters tho, this season is starting to get good.

i snuck ahead and watched next weeks episode. some great scenes.
    shit starts getting for a couple characters, kids included.

im a little frustrated by how many threads there are in each episode. its hard for them to really give as much time as id want each week. things end up develping kindof slow. i think some of the unconnected threads will start to connect and things will get crucial quickly. i mean, no Cutty yesterday!?!?! they put so much time into the character and then they skip him over. i got faith in the writers though, im onthe edge of my seat, worried for the safety of my boo Omar.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    anyone watch the rest of the season? damn.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    anyone watch the rest of the season? damn.

NO MORE SPOLIERS, PLAESE (that includes you, Brian)

dookie i dont even know

i was scared dookie was not going to survive putting that fan in the ill girl's face. his family looks cracked out, but he seems ready to jump on any chance someone offers him. hopefully he'll get noticed and get an opportunity.

Dookie is the brains and Michael recognizes that. The dynamic will be exploited, and Dookie will end up in a better place than he started.

dookie i dont even know

Dookie is the brains and Michael recognizes that. The dynamic will be exploited, and Dookie will end up in a better place than he started.

Definitely dookie is the guy with the knowledge. Speaks little but when he does it counts.

I dunno about Randy getting deeply into the street. He's good-natured, social... dealing candy to school kids rather than drugs. kind of a toss-up for him.

Namond I get the feeling is in for a big fall. Nobody spoil it for me, but I get that vibe. He's that kind of kid you knew in high school who was really hot shit but now he's working at a gas station. He's already proved himself to be the kind of guy who doesn't have your back. But who knows, maybe he'll be the proof that the special school program works.

• anybody who's interested in skipping ahead, try torrentspy or yr local dvd bootlegger... this season almost trumps the last one. javascript:void(0)

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    this season trumps the last one.

• brian, did you used to go by "idox"?

anyway, i watched it as i got it -- out of order -- and the first five minutes of episode 12 had my whole world in a spin (no spoilers)... "best television show ever broadcast in America..." indeed.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Dookie = Young Stringer

Chris > Omar

• Dookie = Young Stringer
    thats an ill connection to make. but im not picturing dookie getting caught up directly into the game though. he's got that head to see it for what it is. he hangs with kids who are real close to the game, but he hasnt gone toward it. him and mike know firsthand how fucked up that shit is. if someone notices his brain (prez did) he might get a chance to getaway from the whole shit.

Chris > Omar

i dont know about that. those are two titans, no doubt, and they gotta eventually clash. omar reminds me of the ghostdog samurais...i dont see that in chris yet. marlo is definitely a cold hearted bastart though.

[c-zun 3]yo, what happened to poot with the big head? bodie's bol? i remember him being on a corner that got shot at and he dropped, but he bounced back up when the shooters rolled out. what happened to him? [/c-zun 3]
    [c-zun 1]who remembers when he shot wallace?[/c-zun 1]

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    [c-zun 3]yo, what happened to poot with the big head? bodie's bol? i remember him being on a corner that got shot at and he dropped, but he bounced back up when the shooters rolled out. what happened to him? [/c-zun 3]
    locked up

one of the most gut-wretching scenes throughout all the seasons

• [c-zun 3]yo, what happened to poot with the big head? bodie's bol? i remember him being on a corner that got shot at and he dropped, but he bounced back up when the shooters rolled out. what happened to him? [/c-zun 3]
    locked up

one of the most gut-wretching scenes throughout all the seasons

yeah,that whole build up to it was excrutiating.

you already watched all of 4?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yeah, i seriously couldnt wait once i watched the first few episodes. it's a real shame that the show isn't that popular and that there's no way anything remotely like this would ever make it on a major network

• vhsvhs 18 Posts
    big ups to the doods who got the promo and leaked it... nothing like watching 3 episodes in a row.

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    Can someone help me here? I got to episode 10 and I'm a bit fucked. My episode 10 and 11 are the same. HAha. I don't know if I've just watched 10, or 11 and missed 10. I'll write what I saw below, so spoilers to anyone who hasn't seen it. I'd appreciate it if you don't offer spoilers in answering me, I just want to know what I need to do to get caught up.

at the end of the episode I saw (10 or 11) the episode ends with Bunk looking at the house where Marlo's people have been hiding the bodies. That's where I'm at. Hopefully I just watched 10 and didn't skip anything

• chrischris 287 Posts
    Can someone help me here? I got to episode 10 and I'm a bit fucked. My episode 10 and 11 are the same. HAha. I don't know if I've just watched 10, or 11 and missed 10. I'll write what I saw below, so spoilers to anyone who hasn't seen it. I'd appreciate it if you don't offer spoilers in answering me, I just want to know what I need to do to get caught up.

at the end of the episode I saw (10 or 11) the episode ends with Bunk looking at the house where Marlo's people have been hiding the bodies. That's where I'm at. Hopefully I just watched 10 and didn't skip anything

yeah, the torrents are all messed up for the later episodes.
    read through the 3 pages of comments on this link - http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/880586/The_Wire_S04E13_DVDScr_XviD_OMiCRON_eztv
    and you should be able to sort it all out.
    i just used the sendspace links for those episodes and bypassed the torrents altogether.

observation: in the bar scene of episode 12 raymond winnfield's "things could be be better" is playing in the background.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    anyone who posts a spoiler DIES

(I am watching them one by one On Demand, so no matter how shitty my week is I always have something good to look forward to!)

• (I am watching them one by one On Demand, so no matter how shitty my week is I always have something good to look forward to!)

what all think of tonights episode?? omars prison scene was i hope he can handle his shit with everyone gunning for him in jail.

i have only seen up to todays episode, but i predict that one of the boys (naman?) is going to be forced to take out randy the squealer...he played himself out hard with his big mouth. does not bode well.

im watching on demand monday night, no question

• what all think of tonights episode?? omars prison scene was i hope he can handle his shit with everyone gunning for him in jail.

i have only seen up to todays episode, but i predict that one of the boys (naman?) is going to be forced to take out randy the squealer...he played himself out hard with his big mouth. does not bode well.

im watching on demand monday night, no question

Cutty running to curtis "move on up" =

Looks like Namon is forced to deal on his own, and Michael is content boxing with Cutty. But who knows how things will all sort out. I still think Namon is a chump who will take the easy way out. Yeah Randy is gonna find it hard to walk the halls once word gets out.

What was carcetti's wife crying about when she left? And why did Theresa turn into such a slut all of a sudden?

• Looks like Namon is forced to deal on his own, and Michael is content boxing with Cutty. But who knows how things will all sort out.

cutty keeps playing himself to try to get in good with michael...theboy isnt impressed with his antics (although i am...the girls who are coming by the gym keep getting better looking!)

theresa is in the political world where power is like uncut coke. as soon as carcetti got that glow to him, she wanted a sniff. but i think the scene was more about carcetti's maturation. even last season, with mcnulty, she would have a fling when she felt like it.

anyone figure out what dude meant when he said he was in jail "for talking back"? i dont think it was very significant, but i couldnt figure it out. it was one of butcher's boys who brought omar the shank.

also, dont need spoilers, but i couldnt figure out what marlo's plan was at the train station. why go through all that?

• also, dont need spoilers, but i couldnt figure out what marlo's plan was at the train station. why go through all that?

I thought it might be to get omar from the inside. But now I'm not sure. He knows the camera is there, maybe it's a stunt to see if he can figure out who is behind it, or eventually use it to his advantage (would be a hell of a way to set somebody up!).

I took the "talking back" comment to mean that he talked back to the cops, so they planted something on him or otherwise locked him up.

Yah and NO SPOILERS!!

But what's up with no Wire next week? What is going on that they aren't putting one out? I might be forced to go to the bootleg version... 2 weeks is too long.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yeah, basically marlo knew he was under watch but he didn't know by who. the camera was discovered the instant they placed it there. herc was smart to use the railroad police and stay out of sight. this will be touched on in future episodes

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    man, it just gets better 'n better.

Namon's mom is busting some serious Lady Macbeth moves.

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    anyone seen any mp3s of the theme music?

btw, what's the name of the actress that plays the girl that bought the nail gun?

EDIT: found this...

Hello -

I have recently been swamped with requests for the end title music from The Wire, the piece called "The Fall" which I wrote and performed and has been used on the show since season one. I am really happy to get all of this positive feedback and appreciation for the music, but unfortunately the volume of email regarding this has necessitated a mass reply, which you are reading now. Many, many people have sent me heartfelt, enthusiastic requests for a copy of the track, and I just can't possibly respond to each person individually. I hope you understand!

Here's what's going on with the music, and the status of The Wire soundtrack:

We tried very hard to get a soundtrack deal in place to release a CD in September 2006, timed to be available with the start of Season Four. But it just didn't happen. As you probably know, we fans of The Wire are a very enthusiastic group, but we are also relatively few compared to the fan-base for other films and TV shows. At this time, no major label has seen fit to take a gamble on releasing The Wire soundtrack. Those of us involved with creating the musical component of the show have very high standards and we insist that any soundtrack reflect the broad scope and diversity of the music on the show. Some labels have shown interest in an "inspired by" soundtrack release, which would really be a way of using The Wire brand to promote something else. We aren't interested in doing that.

We found out recently that HBO has approved a final fifth season of The Wire. It is a high priority for me and others to try again to make a soundtrack record which would be released along with Season Five. We can only hope and work hard to make it happen.

As far as "The Fall" goes, it has never been made available commercially anywhere. I own the rights to the track, and I am not releasing it at this time in any form, so that we can increase the value of a potential soundtrack release. If I made available an mp3 of that track, I feel that I would be hurting the chances of a soundtrack, and so I am holding on to the music for now.

If it ever becomes clear that there will be no soundtrack release for The Wire, I will definitely make "The Fall" available to everyone at that time.

Thanks for your continued support!

Best,

Blake Leyh
    Music Supervisor, The Wire
    October 2nd, 2006