Marc Moulin "Placebo Years"

BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
F'amazing comp CD.It branded my Labor Day Weekend.Any recommendations of similar items I should pick of the same stay true funkiness?

Comments

• is there any unreleased material on this ? didnt counterpoint already comp this in the 90s?

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    9 songs, all releases from three albums, an import to the USA, Blue Note release.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    He's talking about this one:

- er, minus the 'sold out'. 2LP came out late 90s on Counterpoint w/ 15 songs - great comp. Here.

• counterpoint did release a comp as well - don't know the dill here, but in terms of other stuff to check in a similar vien Moulin's 'Sam Snuffy' LP, the Harlem Pop Trotters album and Ben & Platano's 'Paris Soul' spring to mind

• I just picked up this comp on vinyl last week. I think these are not the same songs which were on the 2lp comp with the blue cover.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    "Red Net" is the only "exclusive" track on the Blue Note LP

BN artwork is offcourse

• counterpoint did release a comp as well - don't know the dill here, but in terms of other stuff to check in a similar vien Moulin's 'Sam Snuffy' LP, the Harlem Pop Trotters album and Ben & Platano's 'Paris Soul' spring to mind

Totally agree for the first two, but Platano LP is more in a Nico Gomez Ritual or Reality veine.. heavy percussion and funky instro latin groove.

Anyway.. all of this is
    Worth the checkin'!

• ericeric 155 Posts
    Belgium is in the house,....

Francis Goya aka Doug Lucas(belgian dude also), who did 'Faded lady' (album SSO-Shine your light) , sampled by diamond and recently by busta rhyme, so now that the dude had figured out..sh-shing!!!....bingo!!!
    At 65 years old he finaly got credits for what he did 30 years ago.
    There's a lot of talent here and for many years,but there's now way you can live of youre music out here. (there's always exceptions, but they are a few.)

Anyway, guy's like marc moulin, francis goya, or anyone involved in "el chicles" are
    the orginiators of a number of hip hop classics, and they don't know it.

Ps: Marc moulin does'nt feel the placebo years,....he did a few thing lately,but never dope as placebo.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Belgium is in the house,....

Francis Goya aka Doug Lucas(belgian dude also), who did 'Faded lady' (album SSO-Shine your light) , sampled by diamond and recently by busta rhyme, so now that the dude had figured out..sh-shing!!!....bingo!!!
    At 65 years old he finaly got credits for what he did 30 years ago.
    There's a lot of talent here and for many years,but there's now way you can live of youre music out here. (there's always exceptions, but they are a few.)

Anyway, guy's like marc moulin, francis goya, or anyone involved in "el chicles" are
    the orginiators of a number of hip hop classics, and they don't know it.

Ps: Marc moulin does'nt feel the placebo years,....he did a few thing lately,but never dope as placebo.

My hello to Belgium, what a fucking nice place to visit, and the people were so nice. Not as dry as the dutch. Antwerpen, and Brugge were very entertaining. Here's to the fantastic city and to the people of Belgium.

INSERT PICTURE OF JULIPER BEER BUT CAN'T FIND ONE!!!!!!!

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    humpty dumpty is my theme

who sampled that??

i ike belgum too but i don't find the dutch dry i find them
    GREEN with THC

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    ERIC: http://www.infinitskills.com/

dude your site is unbelievable, very nice.

• ericeric 155 Posts
    Thank you very much, our MYSPACE page is more up-to-date.
    The official web site as not being updated since a year and a half.
    Desing by CHIMP

peace

• Ps: Marc moulin does'nt feel the placebo years,....he did a few thing lately,but never dope as placebo.

Marc Moulin live 1 year ago was my sadest musical experience since a long time..
    Just shitty house music for an hour, NO DRUMMER, Marc Moulin drop beats with an Imac. How could you lost your taste so bad after being the king??
    It's even more sad when he was playing the fender, the man is so incredible on the keys..

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    humpty dumpty is my theme

who sampled that??

• ERIC: http://www.infinitskills.com/

dude your site is unbelievable, very nice.

2nd that, Infinit skills are the most underrated beat builders atm in Belgium.

Btw Marc Moulin did make a nice track in 2005: it's on the sam suffy repress by Blue Note. It's a '2005 remix' from Tohu Bohu.