hot new shit? what's poppin'?

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
has it been mad slow or something? I'm trying to finish this japaneese mix and I need like that new flyshit...like afro-heat/gamm/milkcrate blaps.i'm looking at you european dudes holleur

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    ew

• is this a riddle?

• has it been mad slow or something? I'm trying to finish this japaneese mix and I need like that new flyshit...like afro-heat/gamm/milkcrate blaps.

i'm looking at you european dudes

holleur

erm... you mean "help me fill my mixcd"? Come on dude, put that work in!

b/w

dont be fooled by that Simbad shit on Gamm. Hype>Quality

• has it been mad slow or something? I'm trying to finish this japaneese mix and I need like that new flyshit...like afro-heat/gamm/milkcrate blaps.

holleur

unfortunately, there is no new flyshit. IMO the recent releases from gamm aso have been quite Most of the stuff still works on the dancefloor though.

• Diamond Dog David Bowie

huh

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    what's gamm?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    what's gamm?

discogs is cool. never seen that label. looks nice. i will keep an eye out for things on gamm...

• FYI: discogs isn't a label but a space for people to post tunes they have up for grabs.
    posted most of our backstock from the shop there recently...been selling well.

HOT new shizzle: DJ REGAL "shock ya mind" 12" shit is

out now on the FUNK WEAPONS imprint.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    FYI: discogs isn't a label but a space for people to post tunes they have up for grabs.

i know...
    still cool!

holleur

b/w

wow, where do I begin with this one

1). That Simbad shite is EXTRA dope.In fact I listened to that 3 times yesterday morning.

2). Put in work? Thats what this post is about: putting in work to find some shit Actually I was thinking "On The Red Clay has some shit sometimes that would be dope..."

The reason why I asked was mainly just start a conversation on music, get some ideas, and maybe get a couple of soulstrut homies to PM with their tracks if they felt like it(thanks btw guys). Also since I'm super limited on the type of shit I can put on this mix, due to licensing and the folks putting this out, again I'd figure dudes would throw some ideas.

Yours Truly
    Patrick

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    shit is slooooooooooow right now.

other than the new koop and sleepwalker albums, but that's no kufi slap heep hap mixtape material.

The new Cro Magnon lp dropped on snazzy ports, but I'm not too into them dudes. They used to be a jazzy laps the roots kinda band but switched their steez up to do the gloooove scene.

oh I forgot to give you the new ino hidefumi album, you might rike that.

holleur

b/w

wow, where do I begin with this one

1). That Simbad shite is EXTRA dope.In fact I listened to that 3 times yesterday morning.

2). Put in work? Thats what this post is about: putting in work to find some shit Actually I was thinking "On The Red Clay has some shit sometimes that would be dope..."

The reason why I asked was mainly just start a conversation on music, get some ideas, and maybe get a couple of soulstrut homies to PM with their tracks if they felt like it(thanks btw guys). Also since I'm super limited on the type of shit I can put on this mix, due to licensing and the folks putting this out, again I'd figure dudes would throw some ideas.

Yours Truly
    Patrick

Patrick,

Internet funnin' gone wrong; shoulda made myself clearer. Posted while i was busy at work and intented a tongue-in-cheek "you really want us to fill your mix-cd?" kind of jab. Didn't work; sorry for that.

a song im digging the hell out of

ps - really not feeling that simbad

• I understand that gamm has been inconsistent recently but are people not feeling earthshaker?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gxmymp

• word no problem. this Omad shit is dope but too "above the radar"

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I understand that gamm has been inconsistent recently but are people not feeling earthshaker?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gxmymp

Why is the Jeru acapella like, 180 degrees off beat?