Stuff stuff you'd like to hear before you croak

canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Cold Crush 4 - Boat Ride Tape (circa 82/83)
    I heard that shit back in the day and never heard that shit again.
    They do a routine to Instant Funk - The Funk Is On.

• I would like to hear the Lord Finesse demo "funky dope manauver"... Doubt it will ever happen though.

Dress

• Rakim's demo when he was in the Love Brothers with DJ Maniac -- used to go by Kid Wizard Rakim...

I think it's much the same as the "Paid In Full" LP, but damn if I wouldn't give a left nut to hear it...

• the mardi gras break sans the bells

• Band X-The Best of Band X.
    I'd actually like to own the record, as well.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Bush say he was wrong.

• Bush say he was wrong.
    Don't hold your breath.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    stretch & bobbito archives

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    zach de la rocha album
    a prince and michael jackson collaboration

I FEEL FOR YOU

The closest it comes.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

I FEEL FOR YOU

The closest it comes.

^excuse my ignorance, whats this about?

...i've always wondered...why hasn't it happened? i would think they'd be down with eachother after this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c7WnhNVREk

but seriously with prince's amazing songwriting abilities, and michael jackson's eternal beautiful voice...let me put it this way. if i could only hear one more new album for the rest of my life, it would be both artist's at their peaks collaborating and not trying to sound modern or anything. or even prince and stevie...or another mj tune with stevie on production. all i'm saying if i'm gonna croak, im gonna write a letter to those dudes, or i'm gonna take a trip to heaven and make kurt cobain collab with johnny cash on an acoustic album, sarah vaughan with karen carpenter, hendrix with king tubby and ananda shankar with coltrane.

• another Kwest tha Madd Ladd LP (produced by me...)
    a Golden State album
    whatever the fuck Oatie from the Goats has been doing since Tricks of the Shade
    something more from Molasses
    something more from Push Button Objects
    something more from Josh Virgin
    something more from ... there's a lot of these, potentially

I FEEL FOR YOU

The closest it comes.

^excuse my ignorance, whats this about?

...i've always wondered...why hasn't it happened? i would think they'd be down with eachother after this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c7WnhNVREk

but seriously with prince's amazing songwriting abilities, and michael jackson's eternal beautiful voice...let me put it this way. if i could only hear one more new album for the rest of my life, it would be both artist's at their peaks collaborating and not trying to sound modern or anything. or even prince and stevie...or another mj tune with stevie on production. all i'm saying if i'm gonna croak, im gonna write a letter to those dudes, or i'm gonna take a trip to heaven and make kurt cobain collab with johnny cash on an acoustic album, sarah vaughan with karen carpenter, hendrix with king tubby and ananda shankar with coltrane.

Rebbie jackson does a version of Prince's I FEEL FOR YOU on the Centipede Lp. shit iz weak, but just the one time i know of where the 2 connect.
    They collabo didnt happen in the 80's cause they were rumored no be in competition. There's some little back story to that James Brown concert where they both appear. Somethin in the order of "I'm not grabbin the mic unless he does to, Mr.Brown!"

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

love the 45, really wanna hear the whole album

• unreleased dilla album that's on MCA.

• the unreleased prince and miles davis collabo

• whatever the fuck Oatie from the Goats has been doing since Tricks of the Shade

i always loved THE GOATS back in the day... and wondered what happened to Oatie when I got their 2nd album a few years later... someone just recently told me that Oatie changed his name to MC Uh-Oh and formed some project called INCOGNEGRO [with a couple other members from the Goats] which i have yet to hear, but it's something i'll be keeping an eye out for and thought you may wanna know.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I'd love to hear some live recordings by Kraut and Psych bands from Europe. Hearing a live version of an Emergency song killed me last month. Different singer, different drummer. Best live music I ever heard! I bet there are some live recordings by some of those bands on reel-to-reel!

I would also like to hear that Can library record.

• I'd love to hear some live recordings by Kraut and Psych bands from Europe. Hearing a live version of an Emergency song killed me last month. Different singer, different drummer. Best live music I ever heard! I bet there are some live recordings by some of those bands on reel-to-reel!

I would also like to hear that Can library record.

Are you talking about that Kraut night on german TV a month back? There where some incredible live jams. Some groups I've even never heard of. The black & white clip of a sit-in type gig by Can was extremely creepy. The square looking girls and boys in the audience didn't know where to look. Can was totally freaking out, with the frontman covered with so much dirty black hair you couldn't see his face. There was a girl who was obviously hired who was lighting a joint and the camera caught it semi spontanious.

I would like to hear some unreleast soundtracks without the dialogues and sounds on top of them.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    the unreleased prince and miles davis collabo

I got that somewhere I am sure. Mp3 of course, but hey... I will confirm when I get back home.

• unreleased dilla album that's on MCA.

Anybody know what happened w/ that petition?

• the unreleased prince and miles davis collabo

I got that somewhere I am sure. Mp3 of course, but hey... I will confirm when I get back home.

all i have is an mp3 of if i was your girlfriend. I had the chance to buy this shit bootleg in germany of a few songs, but it was so poorly pressed id never listen to it. Please let me know.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Are you talking about that Kraut night on german TV a month back? There where some incredible live jams. Some groups I've even never heard of. The black & white clip of a sit-in type gig by Can was extremely creepy. The square looking girls and boys in the audience didn't know where to look. Can was totally freaking out, with the frontman covered with so much dirty black hair you couldn't see his face. There was a girl who was obviously hired who was lighting a joint and the camera caught it semi spontanious.

Yeah! I liked Dies Irae and Emergency best. Emergency was an incredible live band. Can was cool too. Too bad they didn't show the Vitamin C clip.

• just recently told me that Oatie changed his name to MC Uh-Oh and formed some project called INCOGNEGRO

alas, that wasn't oatie man - it was swayzak and the group are pretty poor. i have a sampler 12" but i'd kind of rather i didn't

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    the unreleased prince and miles davis collabo

all i have is an mp3 of if i was your girlfriend. I had the chance to buy this shit bootleg in germany of a few songs, but it was so poorly pressed id never listen to it. Please let me know.

Yeah I have it. Live @ Paisley Park 31 Dec 1987. 9 Tracks. Just listening to it for the first time. Honestly, not a great sound mix, but not awful. Sounds like Miles' last band feat. Prince.

Work internet access is heavily firewalled. I can burn them to CD and mail it if ya want. PM me, let me know. Only happy to help a MF out before they croak!

• just recently told me that Oatie changed his name to MC Uh-Oh and formed some project called INCOGNEGRO

alas, that wasn't oatie man - it was swayzak and the group are pretty poor. i have a sampler 12" but i'd kind of rather i didn't

oh my bad... i still haven't heard it, so i'm not sure... but apparently the same info [that it's Oatie] is also up at all music guide:

"...However, Oatie soon left the group, dissatisfied with the behind-the-scenes excess; he went on to form Incognegro, and took much of the Goats' political perceptiveness with him. The remaining duo debuted the live band on the Goats' second album, 1994's No Goats No Glory, which was viewed by many critics as a disappointing follow-up. By 1996, the group had disbanded, but Incognegro would release their debut album by the end of the decade, with Oatie performing under the name MC Uh-Oh."

thanks for the heads-up that it sucks though. 8D