Where can I buy a passport case/european phone?

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
So where can i buy a passport case, type of thing sleevething for a passport.Also can a Treo 600 be "hooked up" for European use?

Comments

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Treo 600 cannot be hooked up. You need a phone that takes a Sim card, and you buy a new Sim Card every time you run out of minutes. It's cheaper to buy a Sim Card with minutes in the country where you intend to use the phone, but it means your number changes. I have one, which I showed you yesterday in the box on my shelf. The other option would be a global cell plan like Wes and Alain have - it is dumb expensive.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I guess I'll have to wait until I get my blackberry I guess. Damn.

• one of the editors here went to paris for a week and linked up with this service

http://www.rangeroamer.com

the best part (IMO) is that they hook up a toll-free # for US callers

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    So where can i buy a passport case, type of thing sleevething for a passport.

Also can a Treo 600 be "hooked up" for European use?

What up Cosmo! A true international baller like yourself needs a Louis Vuitton passport cover:

http://www.louisvuitton.com/web/flash/in...rect4=prod10703

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    If ur gonna travel outside North America, IMO it's best to get urself a GSM phone. SIM cards is where it's at.

• you need to make sure your phone is unlocked....
    fuck service provider plans, the roaming is off the hook.

• I have a little motorola C115 that works in the UK (which is where I bought it) and I'm 90% sure it will work in the rest of Europe with the right SIM card. It also has a SIM card in there with a few pounds left on it. I bought it for around $45 but I'd trade it for a few records or something. PM if you're interested.

• If ur gonna travel outside North America, IMO it's best to get urself a GSM phone. SIM cards is where it's at.

Quadband roaming rules.