stuff you'd like to see before you croak

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
god it is so slow at work today. sorry1) newborn panda2) aurora borealis3) a volcano with lava coming out4) an owl5) a swamp with alligators in it6) those mammatusclouds someone posted here

Comments

• you've never seen an owl? or do you mean not in a sanctuary?

• I've seen 4 and 5, and when I was little, I thought I saw 2, but it was actually just the flare from the Fina refinery down the road.

I thought that Texas was a little far south to be able to see the Northern Lights, but hey, I was six.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    its a slow day..try ing to work in front of a computer

aurora borealis is to me

i would also like to see

the downfall of capitalism

• 1) Yasnaya Polyana - The Estate Of Leo Tolstoy.

2) The Edmonton Oilers win the Stanley Cup.

3) The Ocean.

4) A copy of "Way 2 Fonky" on wax.

5) Real Shaolin Monks.

• I like to see a Black President.

:mythicalraer:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

5) Real Shaolin Monks.

Saw this and it was crazy

I'd like to see a Black President
    co sign

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

The Edmonton Oilers win the Stanley Cup.

You must be pretty young - it's only been 16 years since they last won.

• The Edmonton Oilers win the Stanley Cup.

You must be pretty young - it's only been 16 years since they last won.

I should have said again - post dynasty.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    1. easter island. ive read about it. watched shows on tv about the people and their culture. plus in the local paper recently the writer gave a nice spread on travelling there. it sounds fascinating to me and ive always loved the moai statues since i was a kid.

2. alaska. i know its easy to get there. shit theres direct flights from sf. im sure the wife and i will go. weve talked about it for awhile now. i want to go on boats and see the water. the wife has ranger friends up there (or so we think theyre still there) and we want to do some hiking (nothing crazy... i got a bad leg) but really get out there and see it... i guess is what im saying.

3. mexico. i want to go see pyramids, run around with the wife (shes been there a few times) and meet my family down there. i heard i have tons of relatives down there. ive met some of them up here but ive never made it to see them in mexico. soon... im sure.

4. the US. i love america. the landscape. the people... some of the people. the food. the scary motels along the way that you laugh about a month later. the hooker motels that odub got us in ohio that was right next to a strip club and waffle house. im telling yall.. get out and see america. our next trip is up through the east side of oregon, into idaho, montana and then back to cali. camping, cheap motels, and the like. awesome.

5. like to see all my records gone. not my collection just the shit i got for sale. ugh... one day kids... one day.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    co-sign on Easter Island.

other things I'd like to see

1) Mecca - might be a pipe dream for a jewy kid like me but I'd love to see a place with so much history, culture, and current relevance

2) James Brown with the JB's - file under fantasy but damn it would be nice

3) The Moon - Virgin has those outer atmosphere flights I'm thinking its possible to have commercial moon travel in the next century or so

4) Okapi's in their natural enviroment - seen them at the San Diego Zoo but in no way is that even close to seeing one of thse creatures roaming free

IMG SRC="http://www.atpm.com/7.06/southern-california/images/okapi.jpg" WIDTH=700>

• 1). There's a lot of women,mostly model vixens and movie starlets, that I wanna see naked.

2). A check with mad figures in my name.

3). The Pyramids

4). New York City

5). Europe

• 4. the US. i love america. the landscape. the people... some of the people. the food. the scary motels along the way that you laugh about a month later. the hooker motels that odub got us in ohio that was right next to a strip club and waffle house. im telling yall.. get out and see america. our next trip is up through the east side of oregon, into idaho, montana and then back to cali. camping, cheap motels, and the like. awesome.

In Feb. 05, I drove from Western Washington to Atlantic City, NJ.
    The second leg of my trip was from A.C to Columbus, GA.
    I'm telling you, that shit was an unbelievable experience.
    The upside was seeing how much the country changed, as I drove through all of those states.
    The downside=mah back hurted but I wasn't mad.
    It was worth it, IMO.

• Aurora Borealis is on my list too. also:

Angkor Wat:

the catacombs in Palermo, Italy:

2). A check with mad figures in my name.

mad figures? wow.

• 2). A check with mad figures in my name.

mad figures? wow.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Africa- the whole continent
    Have a drink w/ Vanessa Williams
    Sade live - I purposly passed on her last tour
    Crayola Crayon Plant(not the tourist center)
    Go to the cave in Cali where the Batmobile would come out of
    See all the colored vinyl versions of B-Boys Girls Part 2 together

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Dang, Aurora and Easter Island are pretty good ones, I might have to steal those for my list. Some others:

1) A Total Eclipse
    2) At least part of every continent (Only up to 2 out of 7 so far) and every US state
    3) An Andean Condor and Machu Pichu, perhaps not at the same time but I could probably cross these off the list in one trip
    4) The earth from space
    5) My art hanging in a museum

Speaking of birds, A_Damn, owls are really common in the Bay Area, it shouldn't be too hard to see one although you might have to spend some time outside of the city at night. Barn owls are really common on the Stanford campus, but I would usually only see them really late at night. Article on Owling

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    2. alaska. i know its easy to get there. shit theres direct flights from sf. im sure the wife and i will go. weve talked about it for awhile now. i want to go on boats and see the water. the wife has ranger friends up there (or so we think theyre still there) and we want to do some hiking (nothing crazy... i got a bad leg) but really get out there and see it... i guess is what im saying.

You should definitely do this. I got to go there in my younger days, and part of the visit involved spending five days rafting down a river, fishing for salmon (and then cooking and eating 'em on the banks of the river) and camping out at night. It was pretty damn amazing, I gotta say. Sounds like you've already got a decent hookup up there, so ain't nothin' to it but to do it.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Here are some stuff I'd like to see:

1. The Himalayas.

2. The Sphinx.

3. The Serengeti.

4. Alaska (wifey and I are taking an Alaskan cruise next year).

5. Mecca.

6. Swiss Alps.

7. Luray Caverns (been to VA a million times and have never gone to see them).

8. Grand Canyon.

9. The Hoover Dam.

10. Yellowstone National Park.

11. Greek ruins.

12. The Far East.

13. The Iffel Tower.

14. Versailles.

15. The Mayan ruins.

16. Picadilly Square.

17. The rest of Scandanavia (already been to Sweden).

18. The Outback.

19. Mt. Rushmore.

20. Kauai (already been to Oahu, Maui, and Hawai'i).

21. Buffalo Soldiers Memorial (in NM).

22. Golden Gate Bridge.

23. The Aztec ruins.

I'll stop here, this could go on forever.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Petra, Jordan

Diving with whales in Tahiti

I'd like to see my kids grow old. My dad died way too young. It's a bummer.

• 1. A 2" 16 Track Studer w. a Neve BCM10 sidecar in my possession.
    2. Lambretta Special Edition or a 69' Shelby Cobra in my possession.
    3. Leica Rangefidner in my possession.
    4. Lots of records and microphones that I do not own in my possession.
    5. Disposable money for kicks (especially the size 12 crooked tongues that i missed!) and mad planetickets.

honorable mention: more tittays.

• a glacier lake....(i really want this)

a cycling trip through parts of Europe (non guided)....

New Zealand in a camper van.....

and so much more...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Petra, Jordan

ME TOO!!! Thats been at the top of my liste ever since Indiana Jones part 3.

Bellcity: I don't know about you, but I'm kinda thinking Soulman for president. World Of Beats! Real Schitt!

I pretty much want to go all over the world. Except the middle east. Deserts scare me. Dunes and shit, and all that sun. yikes.

I used to want to go to the moon, but these days I kinda feel like, Fuck space.

I'm going to Korea again today, so weee.

I'd like to see Monica Bellucci, so I could tell her how much I appreciate her body. I mean, body of work, that is.

I'd like to punch a shark in the nose.

AND MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD I WANT TO SEE A MONKEY FIGHT A PIG. I HAVE TO KNOW WHICH ONE WOULD WIN. I HAVE TO. IT BOTHERS ME EVERY DAY.

Oh, and I'd like to challenge Gordon Liu to a fight. I'm sure he'd kick my ass, but still, it be so fucking awesome to look him in the eye and say some shit like "heh- you're pretty good! What technique is that?"

• 1. my kids grow up and have kids of their own
    2. a decent wage with no 9-5
    3. so many geographical locations it's not true
    4. my audio invention go into serious production and be taken up worldwide
    5. old age, alongside my wife

• you've never seen an owl? or do you mean not in a sanctuary?

Come to Florida..... a few months ago my wife and I were just on a night walk and looked up, not 6 feet from us were two young owls. We just sort of stared at each other for 5 seconds, then they bolted.

• 2) James Brown with the JB's - file under fantasy but damn it would be nice

it happened in seattle about 5 years ago...anyone at that one?

i have always wanted to see a tornado...

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

2) James Brown with the JB's - file under fantasy but damn it would be nice

it happened in seattle about 5 years ago...anyone at that one?

Not only JB but Marva and Vicki too, plus some others I believe. Missed it.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    For those peoples in the East or in flat areas, I'd put Rocky Mt National Park on the list. It might be a little dude thing, but it'll make you feel humble and serene (bring a jacket, even if it's hot down below):

IMG SRC="http://thewaxcrusade.com/Colorodo_005.jpg" WIDTH=700>
    IMG SRC="http://thewaxcrusade.com/Colorodo_006.jpg" WIDTH=700>
    IMG SRC="http://thewaxcrusade.com/Colorodo_009.jpg" WIDTH=700>
    IMG SRC="http://thewaxcrusade.com/Colorodo_010.jpg" WIDTH=700>
    IMG SRC="http://thewaxcrusade.com/Colorodo_013.jpg" WIDTH=700>

Plaese resize, I dunno how, sorry.

me too... on our way from redding back to civilization we saw a nice size dust devil off the highway. id say it was about 7-10 feet wide and maybe 50+ feet high. thats as close as ive ever gotten to anything like that.

• Outside of countries I'd like to visit (England, Japan, India, Jamaica), I still want to:

1. Go to the Hershey's factory, piss in the front lawn, and then drive to Wilbur's Chocolates
    2. Drive along Route 66. I'm someone who likes old restaurants/diners, old gas stations, old logos, and a lot of that is fading away. I know a lot of the highway is actually gone, but one can still make the journey from L.A. to Chicago.
    3. Go to New York and take the A train.
    4. Watching a government-funded cargo ship of cocaine make its way into a harbor
    5. Go into the Atlantic Records tape vault

===
    I'm sure in a few years my list will change. I've never been much of a "natural wonder's" person, maybe because I don't think I'll have opportunities to see them so why bother, right? I'm perfectly find at the shore of a beach watching the sun set, or on a place like Haleakala watching the run rise. It makes you think of the world, your place in it, and how we're all running out of time.

I think I think more about that after my car accident last year, the idea that I have to put value in that time and not fuck around as I used to. The whole "you don't have a second chance to make a first impression" thing is all a kiss-ass effort to promote yourself, sometimes it can be beneficial but for what? So you can make power moves that will get you places? Well, I'm sure I wouldn't be complaining if these good things were happening to me. I don't know how much time I'll have left in this world, but I'd like to try to be able to enjoy the time I do have.

To be honest, I'm sure I could put together a far more serious list. Something like "to be able to buy my mom a house, and see her face when she knows it's hers", although she will turn 60 next year and that's scary. When I was a kid and knowing my parents were in their 30's, I thought "wow, will I get THAT old?" Now I am THAT old, and I'm about to turn the age my dad was when he died. You begin to realize how much you have changed, how much time has passed, and you're not on the side of life which doesn't care about those things.