TV ON THE RADIO

tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
How's the new album? I thought the first EP was but the Desperate Youth, Bloodthirsty Babes full length left this reviewer cold I'm desperately looking for a good new rock album - is this ? oh and is it me but is the Vaughan Oliverart direction ?

Comments

• the TVOTR album is really good.

and so is vaughn oliver!

• I like some Vaugn Oliver

• parenparen 537 Posts
    new album is has been my bootleg savior for months.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I thought the Young Liars EP was a lot stronger than the debut album. I love that acapella version of Mr. Grieves by the Pixies.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    How's the new album? I thought the first EP was but the Desperate Youth, Bloodthirsty Babes full length left this reviewer cold

I'm desperately looking for a good new rock album - is this ?

oh and is it me but is the Vaughan Oliverart direction ?

Dude! My name is Vaughn Oliver too. Fuckin' biter!

• I LOVE THE NEW ALBUM!!

Awesome... The drum patterns are really intersting. i was a little put off by the 1st full length too after the EP.

This will probably get top spot for best of 2006 by the indie media.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    'return to cookie mtn' is excellent

• heres a pretty good review with david andrew sitek
    http://remixmag.com/artists/remix_smoke/index.html
    ???I smoke about ?? of a pound of weed a month, and I exceeded that for this record,??? Sitek says with a laugh. ???There were moments, like on ???Tonight,??? when I was just lying on the floor, stoned with headphones on, tampering with the Pioneer ??-inch reel-to-reel. I took sounds from the Pioneer that we use for slapback and put them back to the mix. I come off the record head, and it is hardwired so the play head goes right to a ??-inch jack so we can run it into Pro Tools. Most of the music that I like was made on dope. There is no way I could play a song back to myself 3,000 times unless I was stoned. I don't ever want to repeat myself, so I try to be not too conscious of the process.???

???Sitting in my underwear doing bong hits is how I get a mix to gel,???
    im guilty of this too. haha

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    heres a pretty good review with david andrew sitek
    http://remixmag.com/artists/remix_smoke/index.html
    ???I smoke about ?? of a pound of weed a month, and I exceeded that for this record,??? Sitek says with a laugh. ???There were moments, like on ???Tonight,??? when I was just lying on the floor, stoned with headphones on, tampering with the Pioneer ??-inch reel-to-reel. I took sounds from the Pioneer that we use for slapback and put them back to the mix. I come off the record head, and it is hardwired so the play head goes right to a ??-inch jack so we can run it into Pro Tools. Most of the music that I like was made on dope. There is no way I could play a song back to myself 3,000 times unless I was stoned. I don't ever want to repeat myself, so I try to be not too conscious of the process.???

???Sitting in my underwear doing bong hits is how I get a mix to gel,???
    im guilty of this too. haha

this may explain the inspiration for the album title

• That video convinced me!

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Return to cookie Mountain is the only rock album i have copped this year.
    I was convinced after seeing footage of them playing Wolf like me live.
    Anyone reccommend any other bands?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Drums= Bill Bruford in 2006. At least the ones on that video.

• Anyone reccommend any other bands?

I copped the new Sonic Youth

as for new Rock bands....that's a tough one...

I dig Black Mountain, Blood on the wall, The Black Lips, Wolf Parade....they're

• I'll cosign. Return to Cookie Mountain is dope - they got a drummer for this album - helps quite a bit.

Other rock albums I'm feeling:
    Black Angels - Passover
    Comets On Fire - Avatar
    Mars Volta - Amputechture

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    but the Desperate Youth, Bloodthirsty Babes full length left this reviewer cold

A bunch of people have dogged on their 1st lp, but that record was MY SHIT for
    quite a while. Best rock album to come along in a real long while IMO.