public service annoucements that worked on you

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
You know, they sometimes had them on GI Joe, or just random filler on TV stations between commercials. Conan O'Brien always makes fun on them. Well, I remember one that aired, I think, during an old Marmaduke cartoon or some dog related cartoon. Some kids kept dumping food in a dirty dog dish then their mom served them dinner on dirty dishes. The kids asked what was up and moms said why should they get clean plates when their dog gets feed in a dirty one everyday. Since then whenever I feed a pet (my roommates cat in this case) I always clean the bowl first. I just felt like sharing that being my roommate is away now and I'm taking care of her cat.I think we all know to not jump fallen electrical wires on our bikes.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    can we talk about how anti-drug ads are finally focusing on the true dangers of pufffin blunts all day: forgetting to hang out with your grandma.

that ad makes me tear up.

• If anyone ever listens/listened to KSPC in the LA/Pomona area, we used to run an absolutely hilarious PSA with Warren G reminding us all (over an original G-funk composition) that "not matter what you do, don't drink and drive."

I don't know about y'all, but when Warren G speaks, I listen.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    If anyone ever listens/listened to KSPC in the LA/Pomona area, we used to run an absolutely hilarious PSA with Warren G reminding us all (over an original G-funk composition) that "not matter what you do, don't drink and drive."

I don't know about y'all, but when Warren G speaks, I listen.

you got mp3s of this?

• I don't know about y'all, but when Warren G speaks, I listen.

LMAO!!!

Everyone remembers the Rachael Leigh Cook anti-drug add. Hands down the most ineffective anti-drug ad every aired. Instead of getting their point across by actually showing the effect drugs can have on you they get some hot chick to smash dishes. I was about ready for some Man Show style mud wrestling to start happening during that ad.

• I remember this huge campaign "Keine Macht den Drogen", which was presented in the US as "No Power To Drugs" a few years later. It was hilarious how people came up with variations of the slogan (printed on T-Shirts aso), which sound similar somehow. Examples: "Keiner lacht ohne Hoden" (nobody laughs without balls) or "Bitte gebt mir keine Drogen" (please, don??t give drugs to me).