Drinking at work

2»

Comments

• Dont forget to tip your bartender.

I overtip anyone who brings me booze.

but, having worked in food, i tend to tip large as is. this is not some, "look at me! I'm a big tipper!" tip shit, but just spend enough time interacting with waitresses and making food, and you'll know where the bread is buttered (all puns intended).

That said...one of my latest pet peaves is when waitresses don't bring me change. Look, call me cheap, but I need quarters to survive. a quarter is worth more than $.25 to me. I can use that to avoid $50 parking tickets. i've been tempted on more than one occasion when a waitress won't bring my change just to write, "you already took your tip," on the bill and be out. but, i've never done it, so what's the use.

man, i'm up late. this jet lag is a bitch. disconnected from the sheets.

oh, and on another topic. drinking at work can be a great, and even necessary thing, to bond with your coworkers. just don't be the guy who doesn't remember it. unless you work at a bar/restaurant. they've all been there, and probably gotten you there....

• Dont forget to tip your bartender.

That said...one of my latest pet peaves is when waitresses don't bring me change. Look, call me cheap, but I need quarters to survive. a quarter is worth more than $.25 to me. I can use that to avoid $50 parking tickets. i've been tempted on more than one occasion when a waitress won't bring my change just to write, "you already took your tip," on the bill and be out. but, i've never done it, so what's the use.

Just to briefly touch base on this...doesnt have to do with drinking or working but Tipping.

WTF happend to the Taxi Cab industry? I take a lot of cabs and fuckers drive off before I get inside my door ( its nice when they wait till you find your keys at 4 am) But what bothers me more is when I have bags whether they are grocerys or records...if that guy wants a tip he needs to get off his lazy ass, open the trunk and move my shit! Why do they expect a tip for nothing?? It pisses me off how manners and being courteous has been erased in the modern era of this aspect of the service industry. I consider myself a good tipper as well, but I shouldnt be suprised or shocked for that matter when someone gets it right. It VERY rarely happens as I think it should....LOL. I have only not tipped a cabbie once because my back was hurting horribly and guy didnt help with my bags and I was super pissed.

• used to work in a bar in Sweden, the owner/boss was this crazy guy called... lets call him Hans, anyway, Hans would make ice cubes outta his own piss and drop them in assholes' drinks. first time i saw it i couldnt believe it, but it was a regular thing and all the locals were savvy.

nothin like seeing some dude sucking on a pisscube.

Dont forget to tip your bartender.
    I always tip my bartender, well I'll tip if he/she deserves it.
    Bottom line. Play that asshole role if you want to.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

I always tip my bartender, well I'll tip if he/she deserves it.

you tip for service. thats it. if the service sucks, ill get every penny back. but i always tip well on the 1st drink, the service normally improves after that.

• I always tip my bartender, well I'll tip if he/she deserves it.

you tip for service. thats it. if the service sucks, ill get every penny back. but i always tip well on the 1st drink, the service normally improves after that.

Yeah, I am not affraid to stiff a server if they fuck up, but you also have to keep in mind that sometimes its the kitchens fault. I used to hate when people would stiff me because the kitchen took a long time or fucked something up. I worked at the resort for a summer and they would put the flunky CIA kids on the day shift. I finally told the litte fucker if I didn't get my 15% on a bill because of him I would make him pay it or I would put his head in the salamander. After that he started cooking me breakfast every morning and he fucked up orders far less often.

• I finally told the litte fucker if I didn't get my 15% on a bill because of him I would make him pay it or I would put his head in the salamander. After that he started cooking me breakfast every morning and he fucked up orders far less often.

• We have a cat here who into competitive sailing and at the start of the season, my boss calls a half day, gets a case of wine, plays the first christopher cross record and we get pissy drunk. It's one of the few times the whole office is kinda cool to each other.

• put his head in the salamander.

wtf???? or am i jus disconnected from the streets?

disconnected from the kitchen... basically, it is a broiler. it would not be good for your head.

disconnected from the kitchen... basically, it is a broiler. it would not be good for your head.

thanks- try to keep up on my slanguage, but that i've not come across, maybe cause i never worked foodservice.

can that double for bbq?

"yo son, step o my crib, were throwin some skrimp on the salamander" ?

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    absolutely

man... i have soooo many post counts due to drinking in the afternoon. johnny over at the old ship pub is my dogs. two pints and a burger. shit... sometimes id roll over just for a pint and a shot. good times... it was time to go though when i started smoking weed out in front of the office. kgo radio was never the same after that...

drink on yall... drink on.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Brian you bitchass punk, Because of this thread i felt the need to put on a clinic in at-work-drinking last night.
    So me and the other bartender polished off 1 1/2 bottles of

and then we hit the

i got home at 4am, the kid woke up at 8.

Brian, its your fault.

Damn i was on form last night.

• im drunk at working drunk right now.