Comments

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts

cool[/b]

???[/b]

Fuckin' Son House. The man.[/b]

I prefer the LP with 'Are Friends Electric', but this'll do.[/b]

Just saw Pryor on TV the other day. Looks REALLY sick. Sad. [/b]

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    yeah richard pryor having ms does get me down. just imagine if someone like chappelle gets sick like that. btw the record is funny. found out about it at the age of 12.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    dude! you're biting archaic's posting style!!!

Son house is my man, other than that I am not familiar with these selections

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

don''t know but looks nice.

man i havent heard this in years... super intense scary ass freaky psych folk as i recall... i was very very high at the time it was played for me... that cover has been burned in my mind ever since.
    i need to hear this again.

not a huge fan of accoustic or any blues for that matter

yeah that's my shit right there... love the marriage of tight metalesque guitar sounds with wiggedo ut synths on here.. the whole album just sounds wicked...

pryor is the man, the legend, he cannot be meessed with!

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts

that OPAL brings back memories- i was into them for about a year when i was a teen. its Mazzy Star-related if i remember correctly.

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    Nice print for a tshirt Awesome Lp

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Son House and Richard Pryor - two tortured geniuses captured at their best on those records. Richard's IS IT SOMETHING I SAID? is from 1975, right when he was hitting his stride. The Son House was a little past his prime - it was after he'd been rediscovered - but he was still sounding hella good by the time that album came out in '65 or so. The song that forced me to buy it was the acapella version of "John The Revelator."

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    that comus album is one of my favorites of all time. Bump it in the ride and you'll get some very odd looks.