dilla "jay loves japan"

On_the_Red_ClayOn_the_Red_Clay 1,728 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    thank you

RIP

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Great album, but can somebody explain the appeal of J*Davey?

Also, wasn't there supposed to be a Baatin song, as well as a Raekwon one?

• Great album, but can somebody explain the appeal of J*Davey?

sayin'! That groups sucks. And that girls voice has NO SACK (straight up blazing downtempo bullshit). I guess they got big because they're loosely affiliated with SA-RA and role in the hipster-esque L.A. scene.

The album is cool. It just sounds like the label got a hold of a lot of Dilla beats and then put their own artists/folks they where down with on the LP. The beat that plays in the commercial is iiiiiiiiiil.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    all of the rappers are terrible

• all of the rappers are terrible

you don't like rap music if you ain't feeling Blu.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    wrrd - Exile did some cuts on this too (they were done before Dilla passed away so I know not all of this is the label slapping random people over his beats).

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Truth Hurts?

• Truth Hurts?

A lot of those detroit dudes along with her are on Timotheus Management.

don't test my expert industry knowledge.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Truth Hurts?

A lot of those detroit dudes along with her are on Timotheus Management.

don't test my expert industry knowledge.

For some reason I thought this album was going to be some sort of foray into Japanese music. The Truth Hurts! This album is not looking good so far.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

I hope you're not one of the people who thought Donuts lacked an MC presence.

• awallawall 673 Posts

no thank god that album didn't have a bunch of no name detroit dudes stumbling all over it

i actually like jay dee on the mic though. the shinning tracks he rapped on where about the only parts of that album i could hang with, that song with the footsteps in the dark drums...
    "i paid for her like the mics in the source"

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Thanks for this, and double thanks for not including guest names in the artist tags!

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Yeah thanks for sharing.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    recommendations on a free program for uncoding .rar files?

• i don't know why but i always got the impression this was instrumental

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    recommendations on a free program for uncoding .rar files?

WINRAR

• recommendations on a free program for uncoding .rar files?

buyafuckincdorrecord.com

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I took a listen to some of the album so far, and there are some nice Dilla beats as usual, but that one line in the Truth Hurts track is killing me: "you don't gotta work about nothin, because like Gang Starr you got that mass appeal" . maybe the worst lyric ever?

• I took a listen to some of the album so far, and there are some nice Dilla beats as usual, but that one line in the Truth Hurts track is killing me: "you don't gotta work about nothin, because like Gang Starr you got that mass appeal" . maybe the worst lyric ever?

co-cringe.

wasn't Quik hitting that for a minute?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

I think we're perfectly allowed to find "instrumental hip-hop" tasty jazztronic trip-hop a little too wallpaper. Frankly I like Dilla's average no-name cringeworthy lyricists.