YOGABBAGABBA

thewaxbanditthewaxbandit 112 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.yogabbagabba.combiz's beat of the day!anyone seen this?

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    WHAT IS THAT??!?!?!?

• a friend of mine who is a graphic designer told me to check it out.

apparently its some new kids show in the states - i'm in the uk so i have no idea what channel it'll be on.

all 4 samples on there blew my mind.

i wanna be a 3 again!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    That shit is crazy.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

this looks ridiculously awesome. "don't take it away" just got me open. this show alone makes me want to have kids so they can learn how to beatbox directly from biz.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Craziness, beatboxing and furry animals seen through a hip-hop filter.

Everything a growing boy needs.

- J

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    One of the monsters is called "Tootie"

• ok this pretty funny, especially the biz mark beatbox lesson but i cannot help but feel nostalgic for the days when hip-hop branding wasnt everywhere: clothing, liquor, action figures, perfumes and every youth oriented product under the sun. anyways, i dont want to hate on this show because it seems good natured and genuinely cute but if i ever have a kid he or she isnt going anywhere near this one. my brother is a wigger and it irks me. i will be damned if i ever raise my kid wigger.

• the only specifically 'hiphop' connection in this is biz as far as i can see.

the rest of the music is some crazy electro madness

djing is a huge part of youth culture these days anyway.

i think its amazing.

'wigger' is as racist as any other term to use - either way i don't think YOGABBAGABBA will create the type of culture vulture you're referring to.

ok this pretty funny, especially the biz mark beatbox lesson but i cannot help but feel nostalgic for the days when hip-hop branding wasnt everywhere: clothing, liquor, action figures, perfumes and every youth oriented product under the sun. anyways, i dont want to hate on this show because it seems good natured and genuinely cute but if i ever have a kid he or she isnt going anywhere near this one. my brother is a wigger and it irks me. i will be damned if i ever raise my kid wigger.

this post is really irking me.

you know what kids probably will see when they see this? i big fat man making funny pooty noises with his mouth! and the drum machine music? sounds like old video games. so what the fuck are you talking about?

• my brother is a wigger and it irks me. i will be damned if i ever raise my kid wigger.

Please explain your definition of "wigger"

• this post is really irking me. so what the fuck are you talking about?

first take a pill and just chill yourself out slightly. i have nothing against the show per se and you know what wiggers are without me having to spell it out for you. this semantic bullshit is tiresome. i am sorry to unwittingly have waded into the lame and self-righteous racism/hipster/cultural piracy debates that have been swirling of late.

this post is really irking me. so what the fuck are you talking about?

first take a pill and just chill yourself out slightly. i have nothing against the show per se and you know what wiggers are without me having to spell it out for you. this semantic bullshit is tiresome. i am sorry to unwittingly have waded into the lame and self-righteous racism/hipster/cultural piracy debates that have been swirling of late.

i am chill. your post was just extremely baffling to me. i do not get involved in the racism etc discussions on this board, but your interpretation of a kids show really blew me away.

i repeat, what about this show could make a child want to act like a gangster and speak in slang? the only thing that was related to hip hop was biz markie making goofy noises (which is exactly how a kid would see that, not as a hip hop legend). other than that, it's dolls talking about sharing and stuff like that. the music was drum machine stuff that was nothing like hip hop, more like computer games. so i repeat, in a chill voice, what the fuck are you talking about? i seriously want to know.

• so whats the definition of a "wigger" again?

funny thread...

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    i have nothing against the show per se and you know what wiggers are without me having to spell it out for you.

I'm just wondering how watching a TV show will make someone a "wigger"???

• ok fine, i will elaborate.. based on the few clips posted, there is a definite hip-hop/rap aesthetic, albeit framed for hyperactive children. please dont make me catlogue each semiotic reference or allusion. while the program is harmless and fun i find its interesting to see that rap/hip-hop has been totally absorbed and appropriated by almost all aspects of mainstream popular culture and commerce, even a childrens show. i guess thats not really a revelation but whatever. in itself the show is harmless and simply watching it doesn:t make one anti-intellectual, unintelligble, violent or whatever. it was an offhand comment that got taken waay to seriously. can we drop this now?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    ...i find its interesting to see that rap/hip-hop has been totally absorbed and appropriated by almost all aspects of mainstream popular culture and commerce, even a childrens show. i guess thats not really a revelation...

ok fine, i will elaborate.. based on the few clips posted, there is a definite hip-hop/rap aesthetic, albeit framed for hyperactive children. please dont make me catlogue each semiotic reference or allusion. while the program is harmless and fun i find its interesting to see that rap/hip-hop has been totally absorbed and appropriated by almost all aspects of mainstream popular culture and commerce, even a childrens show. i guess thats not really a revelation but whatever. in itself the show is harmless and simply watching it doesn:t make one anti-intellectual, unintelligble, violent or whatever. it was an offhand comment that got taken waay to seriously. can we drop this now?

you changed your reply...i see you have backed off the point that the show could possibly change your kid for the worse. that's what i was questioning from the start.

maybe you aren't aware as you don't live in the states, but the term "wigger" is very offensive. in the states it is used fairly exclusively by self-proclaimed racists. so if you didn't know that before, now you do.

• all in all... biz markie on yo gabba gabba isn't that different from musical guests on sesame street... having said that, here's a kickass clip of herbie hancock on sesame street showing some kids his fairlight...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    When I was seven I saw the fruity pebbles commercial where fred raps.

And then I joined a gang.

• When I was seven I saw the fruity pebbles commercial where fred raps.

actually, i think it was barney who rapped... didn't he have like a boulder boombox or sumthin as well?

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    I don't think this show will turn your kid into a wigger.

Do they make white belts in kid sizes?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    When I was seven I saw the fruity pebbles commercial where fred raps.

actually, i think it was barney who rapped... didn't he have like a boulder boombox or sumthin as well?

Yeah the rap ends where Barney says all he's got to do to get the Pebbles is trick Fred and Fred, as his hypeman, starts to repeat this but he's all "trick Fred?!?" and clobbers him or something

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I'd like to know Monty Stark's opinion on this Yo Gabba Gabba thing.

I think it's better than that crazy-ass Lazy Town show (Hi NRG Euro-House for kids!).