edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Just curious.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    rep your capitalist GANG.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Thanks, Steve.

• omfg lololozors you guyz are on point today youd be lucky if you can find more than 3 doods on here that dont still live with momz lololol i mean these virgenz only seen a naked chick in real life through 3/4" glass and a handful of quarters get real lol good one tho hollar bird call

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    The trip down there to check out the properties is/was free. Holler at Steve.

The trip down there to check out the properties is/was free. Holler at Steve.

That's a little out of my range and not really along my lines of interest, but thanks.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    I remember Common said he owned investment property back in '97 when 'One Day' dropped.

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    I worked like a dog with my wife for 3 years in japan and bought this place in Cairns (Australia).

Investment property

It doubled in value in 3yrs (but i still owe money on it)

• Beautiful house man - very cool.

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    thanks
    I kinda miss it as i moved out 3 weeks ago. My wifes having a baby soon and she wanted to be near her family (2000kms away). It backed on to national park and was surrounded by rainforest. A 5 min walk to a waterhole and 20min walk to a waterfall. I used to go rafting 10mins drive away. It was fucking paradise 20mins from the city of cairns. The things you do for love.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Real Estate is really one of the only sure fire investments these days.

I'm dropping into this. It's gonna be a huge return in a few years.

http://www.stowemountainlodge.com

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

Beautiful house man - very cool.

yeah WOW! that view looks nice

I worked like a dog with my wife for 3 years in japan and bought this place in Cairns (Australia).

Investment property

It doubled in value in 3yrs (but i still owe money on it)

That's absolutely amazing. Beautiful.

I was thinking more of something like

to start.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    My wife and I want to retire to Tobago someday, so we have been thinking about looking for something like this

We want to do it sooner than later, cuz prices just keep going up.
    But that island is still affordable. But how am I gonna get records there? Looks like I'll be an old man rocking an iPod. I hope by then they will be $50 for the 'budget' model but hold twice as much.

• Real Estate is really one of the only sure fire investments these days.

yup, just like the internet was the only sure fire investment 10 years ago

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I'm really not worried. It all depends on where you're investments is geographically.

There are always certain places where the market will remain strong. It's all about cycles.

• I'm really not worried. It all depends on where you're investments is geographically.

There are always certain places where the market will remain strong. It's all about cycles.

absolutely. i'm just jaded because shit in so cal has gotten so silly that if it keeps up at all, no one will be able to own here. all the more reason to invest in rental properties perhaps.

• Options
    I own a condo.

One of my friends from work owns four different two family homes, had them all converted into section 8 housing (guaranteed rent from thr government for welfare tenants) and collects checks from it. His goal was to build up to 12 different porperties, but competition got too thick on Long Island a few years ago.

Hey Nate, what do you know about those condos going up at Hunter Mountain??

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I own a condo.

Yeah Sween, does it have plumbing yet, or a roof?;)

About 3 years ago I looked at a ton of properties for sale in the Catskills... used to rent up there but did some serious looking on behalf of someone else.

Price ranges there are crazy. No need to spend $$$.

• Options
    I own a condo.
    Yeah Sween, does it have plumbing yet, or a roof?;)

Ha! Can't say if the plumbing works yet, but the other day I drove by and saw a GRIP of spackle buckets outside. Soon. Late May was the target date, I'll settle for mid-July at this point.