disneyworld

p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
...........i am going tomorrow for a week w/ my girl............ people have been clowning on me about it, but i am looking forward...... anything i should do in central FL besides theme parks? thrifts? digging? anyone????

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Coincidentally, I'm being strong armed to go in late Sept. I second this post's emotion! Help some dudes out!

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Aschrock will show you all the gay strip clubs.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    this isn't besides theme parks, but you should really hit up epcot and universal studios... both were better than disney world itself to me

of course, that was about 15 years ago, and i was in 8th grade

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    plaese plaese!

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    this isn't besides theme parks, but you should really hit up epcot and universal studios... both were better than diney world itself to me

of course, that was about 15 years ago, and i was in 8th grade

duly noted.

i bought this:

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Somebody send me a Helene Smith LP so I can get HyPHY.

Aschrock will show you all the gay strip clubs.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    people have been clowning on me about it, but i am looking forward

Fuck those foolios. I go to Disneyworld every year (for free, mind you - my ex manages the restaurant in Cinderella's Castle - don't butn bridges) and I try to make it to Disneyland at least once or twice.

Buy that unofficial guide book. It makes the trip the little more fun for non-Disney freaks.

Herm

my ex manages the restaurant in Cinderella's Castle - don't butn bridges) and I try to make

hook me up!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

my ex manages the restaurant in Cinderella's Castle - don't butn bridges) and I try to make

hook me up!

Wish I could, but it's not a "pass" type thing. I have to go with her and have her sign me in.

Herm

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I kinda wish I could go to Disneyworld.

- spidey

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    man... tokyo disneyland and tokyo disneysea are amazing... ain't no shame in going to disney shit...

space mountain is that shit!

peace.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    5 year Orlando resident. First off, you need to go to the African buffet restaurant at Animal Kingdom. Make resrvations, and get hungry cause that is some bomb-ass healthy fire.

If you want teh serious digging spot you gotta go up to the mount dora flea market. IT will be about 1.5 hours drive from where you're at. Go on a Sunday. It's called Renningers. Dude's name is Wally and he's all the way down towards the end of the food court not too far down on one of the aisles.

In Orlano proper you can go to rock and roll heaven which is on Orange Ave. I used to come up pretty hard at the goodwill on OBT which is located right next to their office building. You can also call them to see if there will be any record shows while you're there--there's one every couple of months. Don't go to park ave.

If you're into shopping definitely hit up the outlets. My secret squirrel shit: wayout in Kissimmee is the Nike clearance center where nike Id's that people send back to Nike get sold. I don't remember the name of the road, but it's the main drag in Kissimmee. If you take I-4 head East for about thirty minutes and it's on the NOrth side oft he road before you get to King's dominion.

In downtown Orlando, west of I-4 on one of the first three streets that runs East and West there is a hole in the wall record shop with funk and jazz et cetera. Don't remember the name of the shop, or the name of the street, but downtwon is ridiculously small, especially on the West side of I-4. It's right across from a newish apartment building.

Tatame is a tea and sake spot that is probably the only chill spot in Orlando to hang out and just plain kick it after dark. It's on Fairbanks just West of I-4.

If you're into electronics, and weird junk then you must go to Skycraft, located a few steps East of I-4 at the Fairbanks exit.

Go to Stardust video to see how the locals roll. Dingy video rental and coffee/cafe spot. Corrine and Old Winter Park road.

Bale bakery for 2 dollar Vitnamese subs.

Spice of India--barely south of 50 on Bumby, on the West side of the road--for crazy home-cooked Indain take-out lunch.

Holler if you need specifics.

• tjamestjames 156 Posts

Last December I found a few Fania and Vaya OG's for a $1 each at Toro's Records & Gift Shop (according to the interesting net their address is 204 N John Young Pkwy, Kissimmee, FL. (407) 518-1818). I was travelling light si I didn't buy em' all.