I remember way back when... (not RR, but could be)

124»

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

-Climbing trees (and spraining my neck when falling out of one).

going up was deceptively so much easier than trying to get back down.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

-Carrying a metal lunchbox to school.

Gottdamn if anything takes me back, it's that.

I keep looking at those like "oh yeah, I had that one", but I can't even remember what I really had. E.T., Dukes of Hazard, Pac Man, Buck Rogers? Damn I wish I had a better memory!

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts

-Community swimming pools during summertime (before they were disgusting).

I think they were always disgusting, we just were too busy having fun to notice. I always remember Band-Aids floating by and shit like that.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

-Community swimming pools during summertime (before they were disgusting).

I think they were always disgusting, we just were too busy having fun to notice. I always remember Band-Aids floating by and shit like that.

Well, it seemed like the military post pools (I was a military brat) were very clean. But then again, you're probably right.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Great thread. Let me add a few:

"Highlights For Children" magazine

Hockey Cards - with gum in the package

Going to A & W, getting food delivered to your car on a tray that attached to the car window

KUNG FU GRIP!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

-God-awful school pictures (and the embarassment they caused in later life when mom pulled them out for girlfriends, friends, wife, etc.).

At the elementary school that I had attended, there's a wall of pictures with every graduating class. Last time I checked (4 years ago?), the picture of my class was still on the wall.
    If it's still there, I will send someone to make it magically disappear.

• Jarts were deadly! I played this with Chris across the street.