AUSTRALIA APPRECIATION THRED

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
AUSTRALIA IS DOPE.BEST MEAT PIES IN THE WORLD.WHO HAS BEEN TO AUSTRALIA?WHO HAS THROWN A BOOMERANG?WHO'S FUCKED AN AUSTRALIAN GIRL?WHO'S FUCKED AN AUSTRALIAN MAN? (no homo)peace.

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    I'll be there in three weeks! Can't wait. This will be my second trip down there (first time was in 1995). My sister lives in Adelaide so we'll be going there, Tasmania and Sydney. Any record tips appreciated. Can also bring some traders if y'all like. PM please.
    Back to the thread: I love Australia. Great beer, weather, food and lovely sheilas.

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts

AUSTRALIA IS DEATH!!![/b]

Oz and New Zealand run neck and neck for my all time favorite places in the world.
    Can't wait to get back there.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

AUSTRALIA IS DEATH!!![/b]

Oz and New Zealand run neck and neck for my all time favorite places in the world.
    Can't wait to get back there.

Glad you like this fine country of mine. People can be pretty next level when "artists" or "djs" come here... I've seen some HYPE mutherfuckers when indie rappers come here.... "WHATS UP MATE! GET A BEER IN YA!"....

Paul, I better be in town when you come next time. I just tried hollerin' on your home phone but your voice mail is full. Clear it!

b

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    australia rules. i was there in '99. i would love to go back. i crammed in sydney all the way up to cape trib in just 3 weeks. it was DOPE. i want to go back and spend a little more time in just a couple of spots next time.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    "BAR-B-Q FIEND WITH THE TONG FLIPPIN THE STEAK....!!"

oh shit, you got me laughin' like a mutherfucker right now...

Len-1 right... Done like a dinner. done done like a dinner...

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Oz is my 3rd home, behind NZ and Holland, you cant beat an aussie meat pie, barbies on the beach, carlton cold and you have the lockdown on the wether.

Straya!

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    Oz is my second home, after NZ, and while I don't really eat meat pies I do drink the beers, eat the prawns and date them ladies .. and occasionally I sight strutters too

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts

oh shit, you got me laughin' like a mutherfucker right now...

Len-1 right... Done like a dinner. done done like a dinner...

far from a kangaroo shooter, animal lover down under smoking buddha

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I've made the trip across the ditch a few (maybe 7) times (I lost count), I don't mind Australia, good times, good friends, will definitely be back over there in the future.

• jbarkerjbarker 71 Posts
    Bloody oath.
    Melbourne's a great place to live.
    The best rappers come from Melbourne too.

• per0per0 153 Posts
    I'll be there in three weeks! Can't wait. This will be my second trip down there (first time was in 1995). My sister lives in Adelaide so we'll be going there, .
    Lemme know when ur about.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    No one has ever been able to answer a question I have about Australia....

If you get really drunk and are laying in bed, does the room spin in the opposite direction then it does here in the U.S.??

If you get really drunk and are laying in bed, does the room spin in the opposite direction then it does here in the U.S.??

Fuck. I'll let you know, how does it spin in the U.S.?

b

The best rappers come from Melbourne too.

Actually, they come from the US.

peace.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    Been twice, enjoyed it massively.

You experience can vary depending on how you are perceived racially though.

For all the positive things I experienced (which happened with much more frequency than the UK), one of my friends was asked to leave a record shop in Surfer's Paradise (which should be some kind of epicentre for laidbackness) because they thought she was aboriginal and told her "You're not supposed to be in here." They thought she had come in to swipe stuff. Because she is half English/half Nigerian, she got that a lot and got plenty asshurt about it. But the whole aboriginal thing is a different story. Of course there were plenty of times when it wasn't a problem but she is in no rush to go back.

Then again, my mate has west indian parents and he was there for 6 months and got plenty of horizontal action with no drama. Ladies were curious.

Like anywhere, it's not utopia, but in general, people were a lot more upbeat and approachable than most places I've been. Sydney is my favourite city in the world and I'd recommend the country to anyone. I'd be living there now if the Mrs would leave her mum behind...

For all the positive things I experienced (which happened with much more frequency than the UK), one of my friends was asked to leave a record shop in Surfer's Paradise (which should be some kind of epicentre for laidbackness) because they thought she was aboriginal and told her "You're not supposed to be in here." They thought she had come in to swipe stuff. Because she is half English/half Nigerian, she got that a lot and got plenty asshurt about it.

Man, thats wack, some people still single out Aboriginals and it's really sad.

What fucking store was that? There's only 3 "record" stores down at Surfers - Atlantis, Rare Groove and Music Mania. MUSIC MANIA has shut down anyway... they were on an upstairs level. Atlantis was across the road and looked nicer. Let me know, I'll boycott those fuckers and won't bring them anymore business...

peace.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Fuck. I'll let you know, how does it spin in the U.S.?

b

Clockwise

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    ahh Australia...the country that gave us AC/DC and abbeywinters.com, a special place in the world in my book.

ahh Australia...the country that gave us AC/DC and abbeywinters.com, a special place in the world in my book.

OMG, you like abbeywinters, those girls is "au naturale" if you know what I mean??? two hip-hop groupies from out here were found to be on that site, then people were like "oh yeah, my ex-girlfriends on there"....

Australia is too small for comfort sometimes...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

OMG, you like abbeywinters, those girls is "au naturale" if you know what I mean??? two hip-hop groupies from out here were found to be on that site, then people were like "oh yeah, my ex-girlfriends on there"....

yeah, the "intimate moments" section of that website is off the waffle iron

I used to DJ at an Australian bar in Paris and I grew very fond of the barmaids there. Those abbeywinters girls remind me of those adorable, super sweet aussie and kiwi bar maids.

I need to get to Australia.

I used to DJ at an Australian bar in Paris and I grew very fond of the barmaids there. Those abbeywinters girls remind me of those adorable, super sweet aussie and kiwi bar maids.

I need to get to Australia.

Aussie girls are cool.

If you make it out here, make sure you holla! I'll show u the sights and introduce you to some ladies...

two hip-hop groupies from out here were found to be on that site, then people were like "oh yeah, my ex-girlfriends on there"....

hahaha yeah and it totally resulted in some great photoshopping.

Yeah about the small for comfort thing, I gotta get out of here. I love melbourne to bits, but its time to set sail.

Can't wait till my degree is over, then I will tear shit up on a global scale.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Remind me of what your friend called Gum... I forget. And also that Aussie word for sandwich?

Me? I'm never going to Australia. I wanted to, but then I saw Wolf Creek and now I'm like FUCK THAT! No crazy ass hillbilly psycho crocodile dundee types for me, thanks!

gum = chewy
    sandwich = sanga (I fucking hate this term and refuse to use it)

Me? I'm never going to Australia. I wanted to, but then I saw Wolf Creek and now I'm like FUCK THAT! No crazy ass hillbilly psycho crocodile dundee types for me, thanks!

That movie is nuts. Based on the serial killer "IVAN MILAT"... did that movie get released in the US?

peace.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

That movie is nuts. Based on the serial killer "IVAN MILAT"... did that movie get released in the US?

peace.

well... I didn't watch it in Australia!

Hahah, I don't know if it got a theatre release. I rented it on DVD.

The part where dude goes "Thats not a knife... this is a knife!" was SOOO perfect.... especially for american audiences I think.

The only part that didn't make sense to me was that those 2 girls were supposed to be brits right? but they had aussie accents... that part had me confused...

movie was ill though. loved it!

The only part that didn't make sense to me was that those 2 girls were supposed to be brits right? but they had aussie accents... that part had me confused...

movie was ill though. loved it!

nah mang, they had british accents. they were just mild ones.