Most Requested Rhythm Band (terd related)

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
The bane of the beginning digger--I think we've all bought this on the strength of the cover within our first few months of messing with records...What year did you record your first song?[/b] Too $hort:[/b]The first recording of my voice over music was a homemade tape in 1980. I used a jazz record that had instrumentals on it. I remember one of them was a Marvin Gaye song "Got to Give It Up" and the album cover was supposed to look like a booty or a coochie, but it was really a close-up picture of an elbow. It was sort of like a Kurtis Blow???ish [rhyme], which was the only style of rap that was out. I didn???t really do what you know as Too $hort-talking-about-Oakland until Melle Mel made "The Message" [in 1982].I think that may actually be a knee, though...

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I'd Blap.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'd Blap.

I'm pretty sure there's a word for that...

SoulStrut poster, Dan Savage?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    hairy knuckle fetish???

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    That's not an elbow, it's a hip. Who gets stretchmarks on their upper arm?

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    Who gets stretchmarks on their upper arm?

chicks with roller coaster weight problems a la Star Jones & Oprah

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    That's not an elbow, it's a hip. Who gets stretchmarks on their upper arm?

i'm with faux - it looks like somebody sliding their panties off down around the knee

• She's bent over (with her head to the left) and dude is pulling her panties down. That's her ass, fellas.

Get familiar?

She's bent over (with her head to the left) and dude is pulling her panties down. That's her ass, fellas.

Get familiar?

Let me understand: you think you are better able than Too $hort to recognize this part of a woman's anatomy?

She's bent over (with her head to the left) and dude is pulling her panties down. That's her ass, fellas.

Get familiar?

Let me understand: you think you are better able than Too $hort to recognize this part of a woman's anatomy?

And that "dude" has got some long fingernails...

• She's bent over (with her head to the left) and dude is pulling her panties down. That's her ass, fellas.

Get familiar?

Don't underestimate the Young_Hogg's familiarity with the, uh, coochie.

Get familiar?

Don't underestimate the Young_Hogg's familiarity with the, uh, coochie.

Or the elbow.

Get familiar.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Get familiar?

Those are coke nails, pimpin'.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    definitely no way it's her elbow unless she weighs 350 lbs.

those stretchmarks are on her lower back on the left side and thats her backside facing right . so how is that album?

• That album cover grosses me out just about as much as this one:

• rummyrummy 11 Posts
    so how is that album?

I think its alright, the got to give it up cover is cool, drags on a bit though. The Love Alarm version would easily fit into the "disco funk bangers" thread. Less said about the other 2 tunes the better.

Overall, not really one that you would sit down and listen to but a useful dj tool..

Get familiar?

Those are coke nails, pimpin'.

Well, "he" also has some rather slim fingers (PASUE)... still not convinced it's not a hairy-knuckled woman.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    i hate that cover.