jungle groove.

moonheadmoonhead 28 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
james brown - in the jungle groove is originaly released on dubble wax on polydor in 86?and there is no reissues on polydor right? just on simply vinyl and another one with the original cover on the label.found this pretty cheep today in a record store but got worried that it was a repress. just want to get shure before i buy it so i dont buy the repress.

Comments

• its from 86 and it was pretty widely pressed. i wouldn't worry too much about price. i have found 5 or 6 in the last 4 years. all under 20 dollars.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    If you really want the originals you need to cop the 45's although the double album is supposed to contain previously unrealeased versions... ^(a soulstrutter)^ sent me one that mutes out during the break on Get Up, Get Into It, Get Involved, thats alright though... I have the 45 to that too...

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    does this album have the version of funky drummer with the second break where he does all those little diddle things on the snare? i just heard that version the other day and was kinda blown away. the 45 fades out during the first break, this versions like twice as long...

• moonheadmoonhead 28 Posts
    just so i get this right, there is no repressing of the album on polydor?

and the original is on 2LP??s?

they wanted like 12$ for it, and it was in mint condition. gonna go and get that later today.

and by the way, has the simply vinyl repress polydor labels?

damn this record buggin my head out.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Yes, there was a re-issue in the 90s I think, and In Jungle Groove also has some cut and paste loop work on Funky Drummer and remixes of Give It Up Or Turnit A Loose and Talkin Loud & Sayin Nothing. There???s also one unreleased cut, I Got To Move.

• just so i get this right, there is no repressing of the album on polydor?
    and the original is on 2LP??s?
    they wanted like 12$ for it, and it was in mint condition. gonna go and get that later today.

and by the way, has the simply vinyl repress polydor labels?
    damn this record buggin my head out.

OG = UK release on a single album, just as "the motherlode"

2LP = Simply vinyl press w/ polydor labels.... very loud.

Both contain the long version of the funky drummer with the second break.