Omaha/Des Moines thhis weekend

yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
any jump offs this weekend?? Any recommendations on where to cop a fat steak???? I know some of the spots in Des Moines, but am about Omaha.....Are there any strutters in either of these two spots??? I'm in town Fri-sun starting in Omaha on Fri.PM or put on blast!Georges

Comments

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    There is that Kanesville Antiques place in Council Bluffs, IA (right next to Omaha) that I hear is pretty good usually---never been there myself though. I do believe Ako knows the deal.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    I do believe Ako knows the deal.

i do. kanesville is highly recommended....also id suggest only going there if you have at least like...4 hours to burn. if you go in there with about an hour youll be totally overwhelmed.

everytime i take a trip out there, im usually in there for 6 or 7 hours.

theres gotta be well over 500,000 records in that place.

if i still lived in des moines, i could show you around, but since i dont, i recommend looking up red rooster records when you get into town. probably the best spot in the city. ive gotten plenty of good funk 45s from that place, and i always see records ive been looking for. small shop, but usually a decent selection with good prices.

plus you can generally haggle, one time i went in and expressed interest in an $18 45, next time he sold it to me for $10

ALSO

if you happen to be going farther across iowa into iowa city, lemme know.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    good looks on the info. was in red rooster in April and copped some nice chumpies! Anyone know a decent spot to cop a steak???

• Anyone know a decent spot to cop a steak???

I grew up there and I can't even tell you a restaurant to get a good steak. The best steaks you get at Fareway and grill yourself, or an Iowa pork chop. The best.

I grew up there and I can't even tell you a restaurant to get a good steak.

I heard Graut's is the spot - heard of that ish????

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Anyone know a decent spot to cop a steak???

he may not eat pork.
    but this man truly loves his steak.
    please someone help him out.

this man truly loves his steak.

and I copped a FAT ASS steak at Garot's!!! supposedly this is the spot where Warren Buffet & Bill Gates get their grub on when when chilling Ma-style.