SOUL/FUNK/DISCO REMIXES YOU DJ DUDES DROP

DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
To go along with King Most's post... what contemporary remixes/edits/covers of old tracks do you DJ dudes drop?Off the top of my head:Shirley Bassey - Spinning Wheel (DJ Spinna Remix)7 Samurai - Brothers Jackson Five - I Want You Back (Z-Trip Remix)Greyboy - Help is on the WayFreddie Cruger - Baddest MuthaSleeve - My Life Skeewiff - Love Power Jadell - Compared to WhatRed Astaire - Tito

Comments

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Betty Wright "Where Is The Love" (Moxie 007)

Guaranteed to blow your wig off - pure genius if you compare it to the original.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Kenny Dope's edits of Manzel are always DOPE

As is Jazzconductor's Jazzier Carnival

cosign on Greyboy's Help is on the Way cover

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Betty Wright "Where Is The Love" (Moxie 007)

Guaranteed to blow your wig off - pure genius if you compare it to the original.

Thanks... that's exactly the kind of shit I'm after. Now that I'm using Microwave, I'm working on making my own remixes, but I still suck at producing so nothing to share yet.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

not covers/reedits/remixes, sorry

but i enjoy this one---a little too house-y though

all live instruments---definately funky in places

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    stuff from the raw fusion camp (jugglin', gamm, raw fusion, swedish brandy...). plenty of nice re-edits and remixes!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

As is Jazzconductor's Jazzier Carnival

I've been playing this out a lot.

Something else worth checking is those Ghetto Defendant EPs. Not sure how many of them there's been, but there's a great one containing re-edits of GSH's "Home Is Where The Hatred Is", Sergio Mendes' "The Real Thing" and (best of all) "Keep On Singing" by Keni Burke which needs to get got.

• As is Jazzconductor's Jazzier Carnival

word. I just did a mix-cd for a Japanese company and that definetly got on there. No offesne, but a lot of those GAMM boots have been really bad lately.

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    Red Astair - Tito
    James Brown - Payback(Norman Cook Remix)
    Lyn Collins - Think (re-edit)
    Kidgusto - Walks like Rex
    Laidback - Hip Hop Loves You
    Lowman - Stevie Wonder(So Proud to Say)

www.funkweapons.com/rusty/lostinlove.mp3

• As is Jazzconductor's Jazzier Carnival

word. I just did a mix-cd for a Japanese company and that definetly got on there. No offesne, but a lot of those GAMM boots have been really bad lately.
    yeah gamm isn't what it used to be, however that earthshaker 12" rules

dwele "too fly" is a very nice stevie wonder rework - not for the dancefloor though