REVENGE FOR NEXT LEVEL EBAY SCAMS?

cuttysharpcuttysharp 61 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
i've been trying to move my mpc60ii on ebay for the past few days.one guy bought it, but then couldn't make up his mind if he was going to pay for it or not. shit kills me that dude was looking to put $700+ into something without knowing what it was...i relisted.a zero-feedback having bidder buys it and immediately sends me this."I agreed to pay the amount you want as buy it now and any additional money for the shipping. But i am using this opportunity to inform you that the amount that will be on the money order will more than your item fees. I don't realy know the exact amount it will be. Because it will be issue by my client, the reason of the over payment is that the amount on the moneyorder has been signed, and it is more than your item fees. So once you receive it, you must deduct ur item fees and Western Union the balance money to my client manager in Africa,and the item is going to Africa. There will be no problem about the shipment. I want you to responsible for it. Also make sure you deduct your item fees and western union any aditional money on the m/o once you receive it.Here we go i would have end the auction but i don't know how to do it. So i want you to go and end the auction for me asap to assure you that i am really interested in your item. I will add extra $5.00 in your payment if you end the auction for me asap. And email me your phone# and where the money order will be addressed to asap today.Below are the questions i have for you?(1) Is the item in good condition? 2) Is any westernunion location where you will be able to send the balance money arround you? 3) Can you make sure you get the m/o cash at ur bank the sameday you receive it? 4) Can you allow me to send DHL for the pick up and complete the transaction the day you receive the moneyorder? If yes too all my questions. Kindly email me back asap today so that the moneyorder can be send asap.Thanks. ANSWER ALL MY QUESTIONS AND GET BACK TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!"Its obvious dude is trying to get over. Any ideas on how to handle this?

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Just ignore them. Tell ebay and get your final value fee back. If you relist it, don't allow zero feedback bidders.

• easy enough.

out the listing fee but at least i'm not a mpc, the listing fee, and my bank account.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    This is hardly next level. This scam is older than the internet.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    easy enough.

out the listing fee but at least i'm not a mpc, the listing fee, and my bank account.

If you tell Ebay this was a scam I believe they'll refund your listing fee.

• i guess i'm not hip to scam tactics.

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts

Yup. Also you shouldn't be out your listing fee either as eBay know all about this type of scam and I think there may be a specific dispute thing / getting money back option for just this type of scam.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Yup.
    As a matter of fact, I think someone started a thread about this within the past month.

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    a little while back the guys over at gearslutz.com jacked up the price of a $2000 mic to $18 G on a fake auction. i think im gonna get a couple fake accounts and start doin this.

• hey are you still trying to sell the mpc?
    get at me if so
    i would like to see whats up if you wanna do it off the bay
    peace

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    Be careful, you might be getting scammed by this guy:

read on

http://www.419eater.com/html/kothapalli_rao.htm

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    hey are you still trying to sell the mpc?
    get at me if so
    i would like to see whats up if you wanna do it off the bay
    peace

Ditto if you've still got it...