your top 5 SS beefs b/w blasting some old PMs

Comments

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Coselmed v. Idox (re: the racial implications of heart medication) and Coselmed v. John Book (re: the racial implications of "hapa"). Two riots, one ranger. Where most of the cases listed above were greco-roman slapfights that petered out into obviously insincere agreements to disagree, these two cases both ended with the boys pretty much taking their balls and going home. For quite a while, too.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    HarveyCanal vs. the entirety of Soulstrut in the banning or grillz thread. Oddly enough I started to see Harvey's side of things. He's just really bad at getting his point across even when he has a good point to make.

The funniest thing to me about that thread was that I got all huffy and such only to speak with my wife that night, my wife that has been a teacher for over 10 years and is about to earn a PHD in education, and find out that she too is for banning grills in schools.

A few people mentioned the same thing in that thread. Anna and I added my homegirl's account as well (my friend is a teacher also)

Whatever, I'm still voting for freedom of expression on my secret ballot.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Dag - bellcity got the search game on LOCK. Or are these saved favorites?
    They're all searches.
    If I have some time later this afternoon, I'll post up some more.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Fatback vs. Paycheck "Diary of Fatback" beef was pretty hot.

"I have had half a decade of psychiatric training and you are about to enter a world of pain that you could not have imagined even existed. I am giving you ten minutes to delete this."

"Monday, 7/19

5:30 AM: Woke up. Drank a double shot of espresso. AHHHH! Hit my weight set, RIGHT next to my bed. Gotta work those GUNS! Ran two miles. Then ate a raw egg and headed to work. I feel ready to TEAR IT UP!

6:30 AM: Hit the barber shop, a bowl cut like mine requires daily preening. HACHAAA! Who???s a sly fox, huh? FATBACK FATBACK FATBACK BACKFAT TATFACK FACKBAT BOWLCUT!

7:30 AM: Got to work. I hate DC traffic. When I got here I closed the door to my office and put on some Albert Ayler. I tried to meditate, but I was TOO PUMPED UP!! So I did this thing I do, where I yank my hair, all around my head, just yank it up, not so that it comes out but it relieves the stress on my scalp. Nice side effect: keeps the bowl cut perfectly symmetrical.

9:00 AM: I've been pounding away on my master work for the last hour. I feel like I've hit a wall - I'm trying to tie Schooly D to Archie Shepp, but somewhere around the "Saturday Night" LP things fall apart. Wait... "Things Fall Apart"! Ooooh, be back soon, got some ideas.

2:30 PM: My boss is getting on my nerves. I was just sitting in my office, checking my email, listening to "Things Fall Apart" - he comes in and questions MY work ethic. A piece of advice - I won't be here long. But he's got this passive aggressive style that just gets my goat! I should just get REAL SIMPLE on him, teach him a lesson! YEAH! AAAARH! PUMP IT UP!!! MHHPHT! FATBACK!!! Ahhh, I'll save that for another day.

5:30 PM: I should have lunch. The day's almost over, I've been brainstorming all day, but I think I'm reaching the end of my writers block - "Things Fall Apart" is like, the missing piece of the puzzle between Ornette Coleman, The Last Poets, Common, Sam Rivers, MOP, and Gabor Szabo! Wait... let me tab this page. I'm gonna come back to this.

---- more to come -----"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Fatback vs. Paycheck "Diary of Fatback" beef was pretty hot.

"I have had half a decade of psychiatric training and you are about to enter a world of pain that you could not have imagined even existed. I am giving you ten minutes to delete this."

"Monday, 7/19

5:30 AM: Woke up. Drank a double shot of espresso. AHHHH! Hit my weight set, RIGHT next to my bed. Gotta work those GUNS! Ran two miles. Then ate a raw egg and headed to work. I feel ready to TEAR IT UP!

6:30 AM: Hit the barber shop, a bowl cut like mine requires daily preening. HACHAAA! Who???s a sly fox, huh? FATBACK FATBACK FATBACK BACKFAT TATFACK FACKBAT BOWLCUT!

7:30 AM: Got to work. I hate DC traffic. When I got here I closed the door to my office and put on some Albert Ayler. I tried to meditate, but I was TOO PUMPED UP!! So I did this thing I do, where I yank my hair, all around my head, just yank it up, not so that it comes out but it relieves the stress on my scalp. Nice side effect: keeps the bowl cut perfectly symmetrical.

9:00 AM: I've been pounding away on my master work for the last hour. I feel like I've hit a wall - I'm trying to tie Schooly D to Archie Shepp, but somewhere around the "Saturday Night" LP things fall apart. Wait... "Things Fall Apart"! Ooooh, be back soon, got some ideas.

2:30 PM: My boss is getting on my nerves. I was just sitting in my office, checking my email, listening to "Things Fall Apart" - he comes in and questions MY work ethic. A piece of advice - I won't be here long. But he's got this passive aggressive style that just gets my goat! I should just get REAL SIMPLE on him, teach him a lesson! YEAH! AAAARH! PUMP IT UP!!! MHHPHT! FATBACK!!! Ahhh, I'll save that for another day.

5:30 PM: I should have lunch. The day's almost over, I've been brainstorming all day, but I think I'm reaching the end of my writers block - "Things Fall Apart" is like, the missing piece of the puzzle between Ornette Coleman, The Last Poets, Common, Sam Rivers, MOP, and Gabor Szabo! Wait... let me tab this page. I'm gonna come back to this.

---- more to come -----"

This post is an invasive servitude and the moderator would do WELL to lock it from viewing.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Errr, Guzzo seems to be involved in beefs a lot, yet there's no mention of such beefs in this thread. I must conclude that said beefs are soft, and therefore, Guzzo is a soft beefer (in case the word "beefer" exists in the english dictionary).

• Fatback vs. Paycheck "Diary of Fatback" beef was pretty hot.

"Monday, 7/19

---- more to come -----"

This post is an invasive servitude and the moderator would do WELL to lock it from viewing.

i have no idea when this awesome "beef" was, but i will say it is an obvious lift of the great one's ThE_CrAtEs diary. which coincidentally was one of the first things i read here.

ps
    i like the one where the french manchick started busting on all you not the true mofos.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    oh and that italian dude, Andrea I think. He left behind so many good locations in just one thread.

• oh and that italian dude, Andrea I think. He left behind so many good locations in just one thread.

yeah, that's what i meant. the french dude.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    oh and that italian dude, Andrea I think. He left behind so many good locations in just one thread.

PLEASE TAKE YOUR MOUTH OFF YOU YOU DON'T KNOW THE TRUE AND DON'T KNOW ME

lemme find the Bombay TV Tribute...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    this is a total invasion of confidentiality not to mention exploitative servitude that the moderator would do well to LOCK this up from viewing.
    HA, I saved that beef thread, too!

• oh yeah! the one where dudes were dropping like home addresses and fedex accounts or some shit. man, that was the first time on here that i not only feared how angry all you white folks are, but also how nerdy.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

• Errr, Guzzo seems to be involved in beefs a lot, yet there's no mention of such beefs in this thread. I must conclude that said beefs are soft, and therefore, Guzzo is a soft beefer (in case the word "beefer" exists in the english dictionary).

I'll have you know I beef harder than 10 day old shit

I thought this was going to be about PMs sent out to others. heres one I send out a couple weeks back

Do I Owe You A Car? [/b]

Sent to: edpowers

I just woke up after working an 18+ hour day. Sometime during the night I had a dream that you and I were driving around Las Vegas in your car. You got sick of driving, and I was geeked to be back in the town I used to live in so I asked if you wouldn't mind if I took the wheel. You seemed cool with it so I started taking us around to some of my old hangout spots.

After a couple minutes of driving I got cocky and thought I'd show you some shortcuts and less known interesting areas of the town. Somehow during one of these shortcuts I ended up driving us off the road and into a resevoir wrecking the shit out of your car. You were pretty calm about it though and I felt so bad that I promised to buy you a new whip.

It was at that point that I realized it was a dream which freaked me out even more cause I never know that I'm dreaming while its happening. I kept telling myself that this is just a dream and theres no way I'd be in Las Vegas driving your car into a resevoir but everytime I tried to wake up nothing happened. I even did that pinching myself thing but it didn't work.

Anyways, like I said I just woke up and feel like I just got back from Vegas. I'm bout to go to the gas station and then head back into work. You don't happen to drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee do you?

b/w

hi, how you living?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I guess my only real beef on the board was with Alien, when he was set off by this(posted in response to the previous night's Superbowl, was not directed at him personally) and came at me sideways...I dont have the PMs anymore.

It actually was an evening with the Eagles losing the Superbowl - as well as an evening that had me getting in a horrible arguement with my girlfriend, traveling 100 miles to my mom's house to watch that game, then waking up the next morning to find that my mother had been defrauded of $3000, and while we were having our conflict the local daycare center around the corner from her house was burning down to the ground at that very moment. I asked you not to push it but you had to express "how much you hate The Eagles" and posted the JPG that's above, which is when I believe I threatened to "snap your neck." No beef with you at all, and I know you're a good guy, and I didn't tell you about all that mitigating shit that happened, but let's frame the scenario correctly. But any way you want to cut it, that was just a really bad day all around.

Also aside from that, I've had momentary beef with Guzzo but that wasn't nothing. But I also had beef with Blaz, and I definitely think that should be top 5 material.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    this is a total invasion of confidentiality not to mention exploitative servitude that the moderator would do well to LOCK this up from viewing.

That comes from my beef with Blaz aka "A PM FROM BLAZ"

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

some of those dudes never paid up. I still have that 45 in case dude ever wants to pay. Maybe he will still come through....

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

That shit is hot to death!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

That wasn't beef--ya'll just aren't familiar with the way that big dudes interact with one another.

• Adam, at the risk of encouraging further interaction with you, which I find to be a most unappetizing prospect, let me share with you something you seem to be struggling to process and the reason why I was annoyed:

Being the highest bidder on a record makes you a momentary Big Dude in the game of records.

Ignoring a request to temporarily chill on a certain record from somebody who has previously been nothing but friendly towards you, buying you dinner, giving you a little advice here and there, etc., because Wax Poetics has hyped the record up and you havetohaveitrightnow makes you a Little Dude in the game of life.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i was really into that whole "Thes_Uno" thing, putting Phillmost and Cosmo(?) on blast with that funny pic. here are some PM's "he" sent me when i tried to drunkenly instigate further...

do you know who the moderator/person responsible for this was? IMO this was one of the weakest things I have seen the strut do in the short time i been around (this actually prompted me coming on board and defending myself)..do tell.

Actually I thought that whole thing was hilarious!!!

And then somebody was like "I just got an email from Thes-One saying that is NOT him!" and then somebody else was like "I just got a phone call from Thes saying that is DEFINITELY NOT HIM!"

So I was like "A carrier pigeon just landed on my window with a note from thes one saying thats definitely NOT HIM!"

This was before I knew you. It just happened to be a lucky guess that you usually communicate via carrier pigeon!

Still, the fake Thes was pretty funny. The fake PUTS rap had me in stitches too...

Come to think of it... I like the fake Thes better than you! wawawawaaatada!

Palm Springs... This fall.... weee!

• i was really into that whole "Thes_Uno" thing, putting Phillmost and Cosmo(?) on blast with that funny pic. here are some PM's "he" sent me when i tried to drunkenly instigate further...

do you know who the moderator/person responsible for this was? IMO this was one of the weakest things I have seen the strut do in the short time i been around (this actually prompted me coming on board and defending myself)..do tell.

And then somebody was like "I just got an email from Thes-One saying that is NOT him!" and then somebody else was like "I just got a phone call from Thes saying that is DEFINITELY NOT HIM!"

So I was like "A carrier pigeon just landed on my window with a note from thes one saying thats definitely NOT HIM!"

This was before I knew you. It just happened to be a lucky guess that you usually communicate via carrier pigeon!

Still, the fake Thes was pretty funny. The fake PUTS rap had me in stitches too...

Assuming people's identities and starting beef online is most definately .
    Especially because i had never done shit to anyone on this board pryor.
    b/w I already new DocBoy was a poser bitch and when I called HIM on the phone he was all oh dude i'm so sorry, I've been having a really bad day(aka I didn't think you would see that).
    Peoples perspectives change with the outlook of getting punched in the fucking face.
    someone should still manup/fess up to that though, just to clear the air, nawmean?

and btw I had to call people because i was not getting my account authorized (for a whole week) to clear my name.

• KING OF ALL RAPLIPS

that kid wuz tite sun.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i was really into that whole "Thes_Uno" thing, putting Phillmost and Cosmo(?) on blast with that funny pic. here are some PM's "he" sent me when i tried to drunkenly instigate further...

Assuming people's identities and starting beef online is most definately .

yeah that sucks. but it was cleared up really quick

http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=391317&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

• I just remembered my 30-minute beef with NESS when I told him that the phrase criminally slept on was legally dead and he went off on me.

He then came back--in the thread and via PM--and apologized, saying that he'd eaten a sandwich and was feeling much better. And that's the origin of "You need a sandwich."

We need more dudes like Ness around here.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

and btw I had to call people because i was not getting my account authorized (for a whole week) to clear my name.

For the record, I am pretty sure this part of it was
    no conspiracy - registration on SS seems to take up to
    a week for most people. I remember e-mailing through
    the site when I first registered, because I kept trying and
    could not get signed on. Raj e-mailed back a request to see my eBay
    feedback report, a sample "PAP DAY" post, and a promise to never
    submit a Skull Snaps price czech post ... 4 days later I was in.

I remember another time trying to create an alias account for a joke
    in an active thread. I finally got the confirmation e-mail like
    a week later, when the thread was already dust in the ether ...
    in fact, I'm probably still registered here as "Jessica Alba"