Justin Timberlake - My Love (feat T.I.)

2»

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Haven't seen that in a minute, what was that video... "fade to black" ?
    Yup.

• This is when it would be really cool for someone to post a link to a full torrent of Fade to Black.

I am just saying.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Plus, the look on Jay's face when the 2 seconds of "Dirt" played... that's that shit.

That takes honors for Best Part of the Whole Damn DVD, along with that "Dopeman" reworking that Kanye played, which was ri-ding-dang-diculous.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I would acually put Indian Flute in my bottom 5. Maybe because I got it on the same piece of vinyl as "Naughty Eye" which I always though was like SUPER BANGING and slept on...

WHA?? Indian Flute is BANGIN son.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    you know what else is real dope to me? Missy's "Joy".

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    This shit had me rolling last night.

TIMBALAND IS A MOTHERFUCKING GENIUS

That's crazy that you put this schitt up, Day, because I meant to mention this scene from Fade To Black in my last post. I mean, DAMN. You talk about some schitt... WOOH. I mean, he had me at "The Potion" beat. Then he drops the "Dirt" beat???? That's a hell of a listening session right there. I still don't see how the hell Jay ain't take "The Potion" (Jay has turned down a helluva lot of certified bangers in his day, like Alicia Keys "You Don't Know My Name" and that Joe Buddens schitt which I can't remember the name of right now just to name two big ones), but at least he did get that "Dirt Off Your Shoulder" beat.
    Did any of those other beats he was playing for Hov get used by somebody?

And yeah, I agree... TIMBALAND IS A MOTHERFUCKING GENIUS

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    if you want to do a top 5 timbaland shit to be fair you really need to separate it into a top 5 rap and top 5 r&b tracks. i cant even begin to really think of what i would rate

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    We'll be here all day.

I like a lot of his work but Big Pimpin' will have my ass dancing when I'm 95 years old.
    In a walker.
    With a bad hip.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This shit had me rolling last night.

TIMBALAND IS A MOTHERFUCKING GENIUS

That's crazy that you put this schitt up, Day, because I meant to mention this scene from Fade To Black in my last post. I mean, DAMN. You talk about some schitt... WOOH. I mean, he had me at "The Potion" beat. Then he drops the "Dirt" beat???? That's a hell of a listening session right there. I still don't see how the hell Jay ain't take "The Potion" (Jay has turned down a helluva lot of certified bangers in his day, like Alicia Keys "You Don't Know My Name" and that Joe Buddens schitt which I can't remember the name of right now just to name two big ones), but at least he did get that "Dirt Off Your Shoulder" beat.
    Did any of those other beats he was playing for Hov get used by somebody?

And yeah, I agree... TIMBALAND IS A MOTHERFUCKING GENIUS

Man that second beat with the broken doorbell sound is I don't know why no one's used that yet.
    Watching these dudes is almost as good as the beats.
    "You confused?" "nah I aint confused muhfucka!"
    "you got some bounce?...psshhh you aint got no bounce." "the bounce comin' up!"

Two of the greatest right there.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Speaking of, didn't he produce Jay-Z "The Bounce?" Jesus how about THAT one? Fuck...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Speaking of, didn't he produce Jay-Z "The Bounce?" Jesus how about THAT one? Fuck...
    that shit got added to my ipod randomly and when i was at the gym that shit came on and i was like damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn cos i haven't heard it in ages

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    "The Bounce" is definitely great, i think its best as a secret track like that, a non-hit - i totally forgot about it too until i pulled out bp2 again a couple months ago.

Its weird but when I think of Dirt off Your Shoulder to me the beat was second to the concept, like its a sort've standard electro-banger, nothing that makes yr jaw drop like "never heard shit like this before," almost as if Timbo stopped switching it up all the time and became DJ Premier, stagnated style, I imagine all Timbo beats would sound like "Dirt Off Yr Shoulder."

Still a good song though.

Other great underrated/unknown timbo tracks...Petey Pablo's "Get on this Motorcycle," a bunch of the album tracks off the Bubba Sparxx LP's, his production on Kylie Dean's non-released album (esp "Kiss Me like that" and "Keep It Movin,") a bunch of the ms. jade lp...."You Won't See Me Tonight" for Nas, "Get on the Bus" for Destiny's Child, the entirety of Ginuwine's "100% Ginuwine," some of Ginuwine's first album, Tweet's "Call Me," tons of Missy album tracks (right now thinking..."Slap Slap Slap") I hate magoo like most sane folks but "All Yall" was pretty tight, Fabolous "Right now and later on," Luda's "Phat Rabbit," like every Jay-Z non-single he did was heat (good lord "Come & Get Me" is like a James Bond symphony)....running out of ideas, i'll think of more later.

• ts weird but when I think of Dirt off Your Shoulder to me the beat was second to the concept, like its a sort've standard electro-banger, nothing that makes yr jaw drop like "never heard shit like this before,"[/b] almost as if Timbo stopped switching it up all the time and became DJ Premier, stagnated style, I imagine all Timbo beats would sound like "Dirt Off Yr Shoulder."

are you kidding me? the beat just looped bangs hard as it is. true it's not as intricate as his super syncopated earlier ginuwine/aaliyah shit but that breakdown at the end fucks shit up. that's the best part of the song!

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    like every Jay-Z non-single he did was heat

Snoopy Track ft Juvenile

2 Many Hoes

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    ts weird but when I think of Dirt off Your Shoulder to me the beat was second to the concept, like its a sort've standard electro-banger, nothing that makes yr jaw drop like "never heard shit like this before,"[/b] almost as if Timbo stopped switching it up all the time and became DJ Premier, stagnated style, I imagine all Timbo beats would sound like "Dirt Off Yr Shoulder."

are you kidding me? the beat just looped bangs hard as it is. true it's not as intricate as his super syncopated earlier ginuwine/aaliyah shit but that breakdown at the end fucks shit up. that's the best part of the song!

Nah I agree with you, it bangs hard as hell. I'm not on about the syncopation, more the intangible-ness of timbo's greatest strength, IMO - hitting you with something completely out of left field. This is more a line drive. I dont know if that metaphor works. But I think you get what I'm saying right?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    timbaland done it again

• cootiescooties 30 Posts
    4 new justin timberlake songs up at http://www.honorablemedia.com/blog/

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    er... 'Damn Girl' sounds a little familiar...

• 4 new justin timberlake songs up at http://www.honorablemedia.com/blog/

thanks for posting that blog. beyonce's album looks like sh*t, doesn't it?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    yes