Masta Killa "Street Corner" f GZA Inspectah Deck

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=DE11CFBB0D685550That Gza verse is Whole MK "Made In Brooklyn" album is pretty nice. They even used my Bruce Fisher schitt on one track (I think I flipped it a lil better though). REAL SCHITTERS ONLY- if you not a real schitter keep your mean spiruts, graemlins and hattful non-real schitt thoughts out of my threads.

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Is this album old or new?

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    New, off of the "Made in Brooklyn" lp, from the songs I've heard so far I'm feeling this lp a bit. I really like "It's what it is". I wanna hear the Doom produced song.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    New, off of the "Made in Brooklyn" lp, from the songs I've heard so far I'm feeling this lp a bit. I really like "It's what it is".

Yeah, that one is real crazy too.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    DEEP. I miss this kind of rap.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    solid

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    Pretty cool - MK is decent on the mic & the Gil Scott intro feels right. You say this whole lp is dope? Maybe I gotta check this out.

Pretty cool - MK is decent on the mic & the Gil Scott intro feels right. You say this whole lp is dope? Maybe I gotta check this out.

I think it's pretty good all things considered. I'd say I like "No Said Date" (his 1st solo lp) better but there's still a lot of nice stuff on here IMO. That "Street Corner" cut is just beautiful to me- both Deck & GZA's verses are strong as hell, and that track makes you feel the emotion of what they're saying. And as you said, the Gil Scott intro is like

"this hate in the brain destroys the cells like cancer
    even experts are stuck with more questions than answers"

Man, GZA is always

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• i was inexplicably listening to the new method man album a few days ago ( ) And I must say that the one RZA track near the end with Meth, RZA & Raekwon was some good throw back wu sh*t. i may up it later if anyone is at all interested.

• i was inexplicably listening to the new method man album a few days ago ( ) And I must say that the one RZA track near the end with Meth, RZA & Raekwon was some good throw back wu sh*t. i may up it later if anyone is at all interested.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=BD5C04A56DDFAEAD

here it is anyways.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    New, off of the "Made in Brooklyn" lp, from the songs I've heard so far I'm feeling this lp a bit. I really like "It's what it is". I wanna hear the Doom produced song.

The Doom song (E.N.Y. House) is just another old beat unfortunately.

It's What It Is is a good track though.

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    Gza turned 40 yesterday, still going storng.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Thanks for this, made my day. I'm off to Copenhagen, this is going on the travel cd.

The Doom song (E.N.Y. House) is just another old beat unfortunately.

That's probably my least favorite track on the whole album.

i was inexplicably listening to the new method man album a few days ago ( ) And I must say that the one RZA track near the end with Meth, RZA & Raekwon was some good throw back wu sh*t. i may up it later if anyone is at all interested.

Yeah, that's pretty fuckin' nice. Thanks for the drop.

Really? That's amazing.

I celebrate the Genius' entire catalog.

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    Really? That's amazing.

I celebrate the Genius' entire catalog.

http://www.ohword.com/blog/419/id-rather-hear-the-60s-babies-anyways

Gza August 22, 1966
    DJ Premier ??? March 21, 1966
    Guru ??? July 17, 1966

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I picked up the promo of this cd at a shop the other day and the vocals were mixed so goddam loud i couldn't hear the beats!!! Is the actual release like this? Because it sounded like it would be good if they turned the vocals down....

Or are all promos fucked up like that so you go buy the CD? I understand people yelling "promo!" and shit, but this was kinda weird.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

GZA has one of the wisest flows I can ever recall hearing. This track is flames!

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    repost please

• my roomate pre-ordered that shit and it came in with some dissapointment on its back. I listened to it twice and probably wont listen to it again. the rapping was all fine but i felt the production was just lazy. the pete rock beat, boring,recycled doom beats are losing their charm no matter how entertainingly cheesy doom is(no hate) no song on that album had the feeling of "watever" on no said date.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Whole MK "Made In Brooklyn" album is pretty nice.

My peeps told me not to sleep on this. I'll get around to it eventually.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    'iron god chamber' with rza, meth, & ugod dont sound half bad either.
    the beats bumpin but the wu have definitely sounded better

take a listen - http://www.sendspace.com/file/3t6k78

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I heard Method Man's new album last night.......

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Whole MK "Made In Brooklyn" album is pretty nice.

My peeps told me not to sleep on this.

they told you right. it's tight. i really like the Bronze Nazareth beats - so much that i bought his record too...i'm buying records again!!!

I heard Method Man's new album last night.......
    Hot or not?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    we just got it in. the cover art/album title are too wack to even give it a chance...