eBay mini-stress

DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
i won 7 records all within an hour of each other from the same seller and i have yet to hear from them despite sending an email through ebay and one through my hotmail account. All went off at $1.99 and i was the only bidder. At first i thought they were just going to ignore me because they didn't get much $ for their auctions, but in looking at recent comments / auctions they have had a bunch of records not go for much and people give nothing but good reviews. All auctions were done by like 4 or 4:30 pm on friday and still no response. At what point do i contact ebay? i think it's still quite early to be thinking about it (maybe a trip to the shore spontaneously or something on their end) but i would like to know how long i should wait. Anybody?

Comments

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Give it another 24 hours before blowing up their e-mail...

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    i won 7 records all within an hour of each other from the same seller and i have yet to hear from them despite sending an email through ebay and one through my hotmail account.

All went off at $1.99 and i was the only bidder. At first i thought they were just going to ignore me because they didn't get much $ for their auctions, but in looking at recent comments / auctions they have had a bunch of records not go for much and people give nothing but good reviews.

All auctions were done by like 4 or 4:30 pm on friday and still no response. At what point do i contact ebay? i think it's still quite early to be thinking about it (maybe a trip to the shore spontaneously or something on their end) but i would like to know how long i should wait.

Anybody?

You can also request contact information from ebay to get their phone number. Then you can call them which will most likely resolve everything.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Wow, i didnt realize ebay would give up this info.

I have everything but the street address, which i am pretty sure i found on switchboard.com, but i dont want to just send payment without some sort of contact, especially if what i found isnt the right one.

Not to mention the fact that i shouldnt have to track down the person who i am trying to give money to.

• It's only been 4 days...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Dude could be hi fiving Mickey Mouse for a few days in Disney, people gotta live. Chill and keep the emails flowing semi-frequently.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    It's only been 4 days...

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    How many days does the seller give you to contact/pay him in the auction details?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I had this annoying buyer last week....auction finished on a Thursday afternoon, she emails Thursday night(like 3AM my time) "where is my invoice????"(keep in mind, our store doesnt open until noon, I get here an hour before, so I end up sending the invoice at about 11:15 AM on Friday) She pays Saturday morning via paypal(pays for media mail). I dont work on Saturday, I send out things I get paid for over the weekend on Monday. I send out record on Monday. Tuesday I get a "where the hell is my record?" message. I tell her it has been sent out, you paid for media mail, might take a few days. Thursday morning I get a "still waiting" message, ANOTHER message that afternoon, "still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!" I just send a "its on its way!!!!!!!!!!!!!" message. Damn bitch, if you want your fuckin' Sammy Davis Jr.(yes, it was Sammy Davis Jr. record) record with the quickness, pay the extra $2.50 for priority. I hope it gets lost in the mail or smashed into a thousand pieces. Some people, I swear......

• i just had a similar incident in which someone was emailing me impatiently after paying for media mail... and after a couple days writes me again asking for the TRACKING NUMBER... i had to remind her that you get what you pay for when it comes to postage... and that media mail isn't UPS or some shit. tracking number?? pffff!!!

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    I had this annoying buyer last week....auction finished on a Thursday afternoon, she emails Thursday night(like 3AM my time) "where is my invoice????"(keep in mind, our store doesnt open until noon, I get here an hour before, so I end up sending the invoice at about 11:15 AM on Friday) She pays Saturday morning via paypal(pays for media mail). I dont work on Saturday, I send out things I get paid for over the weekend on Monday. I send out record on Monday. Tuesday I get a "where the hell is my record?" message. I tell her it has been sent out, you paid for media mail, might take a few days. Thursday morning I get a "still waiting" message, ANOTHER message that afternoon, "still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!" I just send a "its on its way!!!!!!!!!!!!!" message. Damn bitch, if you want your fuckin' Sammy Davis Jr.(yes, it was Sammy Davis Jr. record) record with the quickness, pay the extra $2.50 for priority. I hope it gets lost in the mail or smashed into a thousand pieces. Some people, I swear......

Don't fuck my record up, hommie...

• DUDE ITS THE MIDDLE OF THE SUMMER. THEY PROBOBLY WENT TO WALT DISNEY WORLD OR SOME SCHITT. THEY WILL COME BACK. GIVE EM A BREAK. ITS TIME FOR SUMMER VACATION. GET CIVILIZED AND SHRED IT. LATER. AP

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    That's why i asked guys.

Appreciate the info, everything else must have been fun.