seattle: place to live/stay

stilldigginstilldiggin 223 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
yo dudes and dudettes,Im trying to find a good, cheap (like 400 or less per month) safe place to live. Anyone who can help in any way please dont refrain. Im in dire need. Im looking for somewhere in the city preferably capital hill/wallingford/freemont/or somewhere not too far north. ANY INFO WILL HELP. Im easy to get along with, and money is not an issue. This process is very difficult so please HELP!Any:-landlords-rommies-realestate agents-your friends/relitives-co-op houses-garage/basement haversIm also looking for a job must be under the table. I have a lot more time for this task because i wont end up on the streets if i dont find one right now. But i really dont wanna be homeless with money in my pocket that would be lame.

Comments

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Have you checked out craigslist? Seattle.craigslist.org.

Also check the Stranger classifieds - that's the local alt weekly.

And the old standby is the Seattle Times classifieds.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    yo dudes and dudettes,
    Im trying to find a good, cheap (like 400 or less per month) safe place to live. Anyone who can help in any way please dont refrain. Im in dire need. Im looking for somewhere in the city preferably capital hill/wallingford/freemont/or somewhere not too far north. ANY INFO WILL HELP. Im easy to get along with, and money is not an issue. This process is very difficult so please HELP!
    Any:
    -landlords
    -rommies
    -realestate agents
    -your friends/relitives
    -co-op houses
    -garage/basement havers

Im also looking for a job must be under the table. I have a lot more time for this task because i wont end up on the streets if i dont find one right now. But i really dont wanna be homeless with money in my pocket that would be lame.

First I wish you nothin' but the best of luck, but...
    Under $400 seems mighty cheap, I've got friends who are
    landlords and the going rate per room for houses is $500-$600 (ie.
    3 bed house=$1500-$1800), especially in the hoods you want.
    As far as work goes, what's up with under the table only?
    I might have some leads for ya but they are legit...

• yo dudes and dudettes,
    Im trying to find a good, cheap (like 400 or less per month) safe place to live. Anyone who can help in any way please dont refrain. Im in dire need. Im looking for somewhere in the city preferably capital hill/wallingford/freemont/or somewhere not too far north. ANY INFO WILL HELP. Im easy to get along with, and money is not an issue. This process is very difficult so please HELP!
    Any:
    -landlords
    -rommies
    -realestate agents
    -your friends/relitives
    -co-op houses
    -garage/basement havers

Im also looking for a job must be under the table. I have a lot more time for this task because i wont end up on the streets if i dont find one right now. But i really dont wanna be homeless with money in my pocket that would be lame.

First I wish you nothin' but the best of luck, but...
    Under $400 seems mighty cheap, I've got friends who are
    landlords and the going rate per room for houses is $500-$600 (ie.
    3 bed house=$1500-$1800), especially in the hoods you want.
    As far as work goes, what's up with under the table only?
    I might have some leads for ya but they are legit...
    Yeah i know, in kinda hoping to find something cheap, hoping. I fugure if i keep looking that somthing will popup.
    I need to work under the table cuz i got scamed like a year and half ago and i dont wanna pay right now so you know, thats a whole other story.
    I will hope to find something like:
    -A good restarunt job
    -landscaping
    -painting
    -priviate retail store
    -someone with a home buisness
    You know the deal, im a hard worker and i wanna keep a job. So if you know somethin help a brother out.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I heard Big Chan got a dungeon for rent. Cheap too

• I heard Big Chan got a dungeon for rent. Cheap too
    whats up with that?Is it

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I heard Big Chan got a dungeon for rent. Cheap too

You got JOKES hommie!!!!! Seattle is getting expensive for real. We pay $1620.00 a month for our 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apt. Another $200.00 a month to park both our cars in the garage of our building(we get a resident discount). We are going to buy a place next year. $1800.00 a month is getting to be too much for rent.
    Stilldiggin', GOOD LUCK finding a place in Seattle for $400.00 a month. $400.00 a month gets you two parking places in my hood! LOL. Hit Craigs list and check for rooms in a house. My hommie lives in a real nice big old house in montlake with like 5 other room mates. I think he pays $500 or $600 a month for his room. Downtown is getting pretty spendy. Studios in our building start at $900. Good luck mayne.

how was NY Chan?

but yeah, I pay $635 for my studio, which is pretty good for lower queen anne. $400 might get you a sketchy place in white center or burien if you're lucky... but good luck nonetheless stilldiggin..

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    how was NY Chan?

NYC was GREAT!!!! Saw my new nephew and ate and drank like a king.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    white center or burien
    REPRESENT![/b]
    mt.diggin, those that are in the know kick it on the west side.... that's all. how long do you want work? i can maybe help you out if it's semi-long term, and you appreciate a machine shop environ.

• white center or burien
    REPRESENT![/b]
    mt.diggin, those that are in the know kick it on the west side.... that's all. how long do you want work? i can maybe help you out if it's semi-long term, and you appreciate a machine shop environ.
    Im here, i need a job, im not gonna quit on you either. Once i get a job i wanna keep it for a long time. I am very willing to learn, and i will work hard. "semi long term" is good. would you like to call me, and talk it over??

• everyone thanks!
    I am starting to pull shit together here, hopefully.
    All of the help is great. anything more is appriciated.
    I have realized that i am probably looking for a room in a house with at least 2 people, or to split a cheap apt. with my sis or someone else.
    So mabey i should look up north, i think.I cant wait until i get shit straight, then i can buy records

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

So mabey i should look up north, i think.

Or south mang, Beacon Hill, Lower West Seattle/White Center,
    Georgetown, South Park (you know I reps my Hood!).
    People will tell you otherwise, because they are soft,
    ignant or both, but south of Downtown can be really
    cool and fully chill. No more "urban ills" than other
    hoods believe me I know having lived Downtown,
    Capital Hill, 1st Hill, Greenwood...
    Check south that's my advice!

206!!!

• i still need a job!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Semi-thread hijack alert:
    Hey Seattle-lites,
    are their any well paying gov't (federal/municipal/state) jobs out that way?
    I know about Ft. Lewis but that's Pierce County.
    I'm looking for a job/place to stay in King County, preferably within 20 miles of Seattle.

Scream at me!

hi.