$620 RAP CD

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Wow can someone explain me this ??? $620 Bay Area Rap Cd Is there something special on it like a 2 Pac ghost appearance ?? Or the first DJ Shadow Hyphy beat or whatever ??Help me to understand the phenomenon !!!!!Does someone have a MP3 ?? I'm curious about $620 music !!!!PeaceHawkeye

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    that looks like something that would be in a dollar bin or a pawn shop or some shit

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    that looks like something that would be in a dollar bin or a pawn shop or some shit

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    it's haunted

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    looks like some serious shill bidding going down on that auction.

• ive seen cats droppin lots of cash on rare 90s bay cds...not like 600 bucks tho lol, ridicilous

• Wow can someone explain me this ???

Someone has way too much money and wanted the CD badly.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Perhaps it is made of solid gold.

• This is no more than somebody dropping $1000 on a one tracker moder soul lp.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Well it is[/b] SELAED.

• Damn, J, I was hoping that you were the seller!

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    "this is how we shill"

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    This is no more than somebody dropping $1000 on a one tracker moder soul lp.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    I know one bay area collectro who has this on his wantlist. I don't think this auction is legit, tho. a bidding war between a guy with private feedback & a buyer with "0" feedback is suspect.

• raredaveraredave 205 Posts
    you could probably make 600 exact copies for that kinda money

• DUNE493DUNE493 223 Posts
    That CD looks WACK.

• I'd like to hear it.

And Haz, yeah, the 0 pos/private ID's look suspect but I had the same thing happening in a recent Cal Luv CD auction I hosted. I was worried at the time of course, but dude paid within minutes. This kind of G-funk sound is really popular in Japan (and other places) right now and the music is legitimately rare (not to mention much of it hasn't been reissued or comped.)

Also: For 600 bucks you could easily make a few hundred exact copies of some "random rap" 12" joint too, but that ain't stopping cats from dropping the same amount on an OG 800 money record. There are serious collectors for all mediums.

• I'd like to hear it.

And Haz, yeah, the 0 pos/private ID's look suspect but I had the same thing happening in a recent Cal Luv CD auction I hosted. I was worried at the time of course, but dude paid within minutes. This kind of G-funk sound is really popular in Japan (and other places) right now and the music is legitimately rare (not to mention much of it hasn't been reissued or comped.)

Also: For 600 bucks you could easily make a few hundred exact copies of some "random rap" 12" joint too, but that ain't stopping cats from dropping the same amount on an OG 800 money record. There are serious collectors for all mediums.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    OK, no fucking infos ??? Is no one from the bay here who knows this shit ???

Maybe I should ask the winner of the auction why he paid this amount.

Peace
    Hawkeye

dude, havent you ever paid alot for something you wanted real bad? Yeah, its alot of money for a seemingly bad CD, but we've seen worse. Why get worked up about it?

• I pay too much money for Mustache music on the regular. totally AGL. hi meaty.

our Avatars play with eachother while we sleep, and they assume their original position when we log in.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    OK, no fucking infos ??? Is no one from the bay here who knows this shit ???

Maybe I should ask the winner of the auction why he paid this amount.

Peace
    Hawkeye

Someone on this board you could ask is DJxREMARKABLE. He's one of the deepest guys (next to peaceful ro) that I've seen online for bay ish. I think I read that he was seeking this album out.

Peace

HAZ

• Japanese want lists

• planlessplanless 819 Posts
    I'm curious about $620 music !!!!

here ya go, i made a 6 tracks snippet of it. compared to other 96er ish, it??s totally w**k. from start to ending

http://rapidshare.de/files/30415438/bhbullshnippetz.mp3.html

• yowch, gawd awful vocals.

I DO like most of Stan's beats here though, dude is smooth...obviously the only appeal to this cd besides it's scarcity is that he produced it.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    our Avatars play with eachother while we sleep, and they assume their original position when we log in.

Who the hell are those dudes?

• I was pretty happy to trade this on wax for some Kinsmoke and RBL shit. Title track is nice and one track samples Cissy Strut. Nonetheless, pretty mediocre stuff. Hi Josh!

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    THAAAAATS IT ???? Muhahahaha. I cant believe thats butter !!! I have to admit that I'm a G-Funk hater but this is'nt G-Funk, this is G-Wack

"It aint nothing like your homiez" LOL, is the singer in the chorus a American Idol reject from the first round. On the Track where they used the Meters sample he recorded his vocals one BPM faster than the original instrumental they put it on.

And those sounds they are using !?!?!? This is beyond of wack !!!!!!!!!!

I only know of one westcoast act that is near to this wackness, his name was Ghetto Hippie (I'll never forget this name)and he came with his album around 96. I got one, you want it ??? For only $450 it's yours !!!!

Thanks Planless for ripping those snippets.

dude, havent you ever paid alot for something you wanted real bad? Yeah, its alot of money for a seemingly bad CD, but we've seen worse. Why get worked up about it?

Yes I have paid alot for some records, but never that much. I didnt get worked about it, I just wondered what it sounds like. I want to know whats so special about this CD, I want to understand it, thats all.

I hope the dude who paid for it will enjoy it, I enjoyed it too, I had the fun of the day.

Peace
    Hawkeye

Who the hell are those dudes?

haha, my dude is singer/record label owner Vincent Chiarelli from Rockford, IL, my hometown.

G-funk is the nxet lev.

• I was pretty happy to trade this on wax for some Kinsmoke and RBL shit.

good deal