All this talk of ENGAGEMENTS & MARRIAGE...

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
... I might as well come out and announce that I'm engaged to be married as well. We've been together 7 years and it was totally assumed that we would get married, but we're official now and we're planning our wedding for May of next year.Wedding planning is a bitch but it's also totally worth it I guess. All I know is that I'm super excited, as is wifey. I'm also super lucky and consider myself the most fortunate man on the planet. She's such a great lady and a perfect counterbalance for me. She's just everything I could ever want and need in a woman.So yeah, this time next year I'll be married. Super fresh. Definitely feeling myself today hahah. Congratz and respect to all of those who are doing it!

Comments

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    congrats dude. may you live a long, healthy life together.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Life is great.

• Congrats man. I just celebrated my 1-year anniversary yesterday. Best year of my life. I wish you the best.

• so whats next, babystrut.com?

congrats to all dem (future) hubbies & wives!

• Congrats man. I just celebrated my 1-year anniversary last weekend[/b]. Best year of my life. I wish you the best.

So who's gonna DJ your wedding?

• Congrats Cosmo!

• congrats, homie.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    this is great, Cos**. Holler at me if you need planning advice.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    congratulations mufuckah!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Congrats man. I just celebrated my 1-year anniversary last weekend[/b]. Best year of my life. I wish you the best.

So who's gonna DJ your wedding?

drumroll..............[color:#FFFFFF]I hear he sweats a lot in humidity

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    nice. You know what they say about East Bay girls with brains!

Congrats homey. It's worth the plunge...
    ~N

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    congrats mayne!

many many many more happy years for ya'll

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Congrats bro!

Planning sucks....just don't save it all for last minute!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Cosmo. Congratulations to you and your family. I got married 10/14/05.

All I can say is keep your ceremony & event as simple as possible. It so easy for things to creep into high stre$$. I stayed obsessed with the philosophy that this is about us committing ourselves in the presence of family friends and the universe. Period. All that other stuff is cake. I don't really fuck with cake, but that's me. All I'm trying to say is to keep it simple and let the event just happen. The more you try to control, the more the possibility for "disaster" increases. Not to mention, wasting mountains of money. I say waste, not to be harsh, but to emphasize that money is better spent on honeymoon(s), prepping for chiruns and buying a house. But you know that. I just had to say it.

Nice work!

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    All that being said. Your wedding is the alltime greatest party of your life!

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Congrats for steppin up to the man-plate, and doing the damn thing. Me and my wife spent no more than 2K on our wedding, and it was a fucking BLAST. We were stressing that we had invited too many people, when in fact, we could have had alot more. We ended up with mad leftovers and a whole extra keg of beer in the end. PARTY HARDY!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Congrats Cosmo, I am also planning a wedding for June of 07. I can't wait.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

check the camera holdster --^^^^^^^^

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    All that being said. Your wedding is the alltime greatest party of your life!

I'm not sure what you mean? "Party" suggests something different than my experience. I drank very little and took lots of time to sit back and observe the beautiful scene that was two families coming together and all of our friends mixed in. I don't think I'll ever see all of those people in one room again. So I'm glad I didn't blunt the experience with anything.

At the same time, I pretty much feel like every party is greatest party of my life.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Oh, me neither. I barely drank anything during the cocktail hour or even during dinner, but after we cut the cake we got hammered cause all the old folks left.

Except me of course.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Sunday night I attended a wedding that cost $100K plus. It was awful. There was a 17 piece bigband playing awful music at ear-splitting levels. I was at a table of 13 year olds. There was not a single attractive woman in the room. The only plus were the endless single malts and watching the sunset over the lake.

Money doesn't make a wedding good.

• Sunday night I attended a wedding that cost $100K plus. It was awful. There was a 17 piece bigband playing awful music at ear-splitting levels. I was at a table of 13 year olds. There was not a single attractive woman in the room. The only plus were the endless single malts and watching the sunset over the lake.

Money doesn't make a wedding good.

Congrats cosmo!!!!

Yeah keep the wedding simple.
    We did ours for around $7-8k is what it worked out to.
    Got married in a big field under the sky, got a little weepy, then lobster dinner, swimming & hot-tubbing, and a canoe filled with beer and wine.

My brother is getting married and I think what he said about where I had my wedding was something like, "okay place for a wedding but a GREAT place for a party!"