media disintegration

troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Is anyone else completely fascinated by the way VHS looks when it's dubbed one too many times? It's kind of interesting to think that the more you make copies as a way of archieving something, the more it becomes a way of destroying it. Digital transfers seem like the way to go. But sometimes you have to wonder how much more damn colorful is it going to get after a couple more copies....for example.....http://youtube.com/watch?v=0n7C1AyU-9Qor am I much too drunk to be posting???? by the way that Drell dance they do when the music kicks in is kinda funny.

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I think that might be B&W film? The color in there is probably from however it was stored over the years, but I don't know enough to tell you for sure.

I feel what you're saying about copies of VHS, cassettes, etc. degenerating and giving it some character, but I still would probably prefer to have clean copies of stuff. I had too many tapes where some fool hit the record button over shit while dubbing.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Ah, so that fat slob hawking bootleg Nugent videos at the record show isn't a socially inept, washed-up old rocker.

He's an artist.

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    Sticking with the Tighten Up