Sandwich strut.

2»

Comments

• THE_DELI

im still kinda hung over.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    All I know is that when you go to a deli, you want a big fat guy to make your sammy because he's going to make it the way he likes it. If you get a skinny guy, he'll make you a little one, but a big fat guy will pile it on. Its like force of habbit and subliminal instinct.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    All I know is that when you go to a deli, you want a big fat guy to make your sammy because he's going to make it the way he likes it. If you get a skinny guy, he'll make you a little one, but a big fat guy will pile it on. Its like force of habbit and subliminal instinct.

Knowledge dropped, indeed.

You guys and your sandwiches...I wished I lived in a cool city like most of y'all.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Words of wisdom indeed.

I'm all about the pepper ham and honey turkey at Genova's, which I'm fortunate to live pretty much across the street from. *East Bay headz know the deal*

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    down the street
    & only $2
    but
    i'm not trying

"Cheesy Westerns" (hamburgers with egg, relish and cheese) at the Texas Inn, familiarly known as the T-Room ($2.04;"

?

The Italian Stalion

Ham
    Salami
    Prosciutto
    Provolone
    lettuce
    tomato
    oil and vinegar
    salt and pepper

on a hogie roll.

But now Im on a diet and can only eat food in salad form.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    But now Im on a diet and can only eat food in salad form.

Ham
    Salami
    Prosciutto
    Provolone
    lettuce
    tomato
    oil and vinegar
    salt and pepper

on a hogie roll.

Use a bowl instead of a roll and add more lettuce, and voila! Salad!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The Italian Stallion

Spiced Ham
    Genoa Salami
    The Real Italian Prosciutto
    Fresh Provolone
    Chopped Lettuce
    Sun Dried Tomatos
    Olive oil and Balsalmic vinegar
    Sea salt and Crushed Green peppercorns

on a Sesame Hogie Roll.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    When I first went off to college and didn't have any notion of being healthy I used to rock morningstar farms grillers (veggie burger) with easy cheese and fake bacon bits, and ketchup. Ridiculous bad.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

holy fuck you guys are so lucky. i would kill for primantis right now.

someone should lock the thread after that jpeg. i sincerely doubt any sandwich on the planet is fucking with that shit.

Primanti's is dope, but not the best sandwhich ever...

off the top of my head, both of these places are better:

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts

The all time reigning champion.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Where is this? I need a good hoagie in my neighborhood. Desperately. And I'll even let them get a pass on not "having" that "good bread".

And I was up the the Fairways today putting it down too, you know how I do, and I was thinking about a motherfucking HOAGIE.

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts

Where is this? I need a good hoagie in my neighborhood. Desperately. And I'll even let them get a pass on not "having" that "good bread".

And I was up the the Fairways today putting it down too, you know how I do, and I was thinking about a motherfucking HOAGIE.

It's actually in Princeton New Jersey, but it seriously gives Ishkabibbles and any other fine Philly hoagie emporium a run for the money, plus I growed up on it so I have a sentimental attachment. [email]C@smo[/email], believe me dude there are NO good hoagies in NY. Trust that I have spent the last twenty-or-so years searching (there's actually a decent red grease truck not far from the ferry in SI, but that is for all intents-and-purposes New Jersey) and all of the contenders are middling at best. I take the express train from Penn Station once monthly to hit the Hoagie Haven (either that or me and my brother rent a car). Life without hoagies is not worth living.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    The sandwich may be my favorite food in the whole world, next to cheese and crackers and bacon pancakes of course. More of the same but Im very partial to any sort of lunchable situation as long as it involves bread and cheese in nearly any form. Interchangable sauces and veggies make the possibiltys endless as well.

Ahhhh the sandwich. How I love thee.

Back when I lived in So Cal we use to go Here:

Also first real job was at a :
    And I have to say for a small chain these sandwiches are pretty damn good. Thier weirdo "salad dressing" is a guilty pleasure. Anyhow...

In Portland You will find me weekly at either the Taste Tickler ( asian family owned awesomeness to the highest ) or Three Lions Bakery. You always got to give the ol' bakery a try cuz the fresh bread options
    are

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

Togo's pastrami is ridiculously under-rated. I'm not trying to call it the best one, but yeah, it is actually the best one in many towns.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    real pittsburgh heads know the deal

this sandwich looks dangerous.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    what about breakfast sandwiches?

The Hobo

2 eggs
    sausage
    bacon
    taylor ham
    cheese
    homefries
    hot sauce

on a roll

heart attack heaven

• what about breakfast sandwiches?

The Hobo

2 eggs
    sausage
    bacon
    taylor ham
    cheese
    homefries
    hot sauce

on a roll

heart attack heaven

Back in the day, we used to go to a local diner that served a similar concoction, called the Belly Bomber. They weren't kidding.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

!!

You know Delassandro's (sp.) out towards Roxborough? Their steaks are so tough, i would have to think their sandwiches stack up too.

Honestly, being in the suburbs now, i find there are a ton of good hoagies and sandwiches to be found. The place on my block (unfortunately shut down) used to roast all of their peppers on the spot. Their italian subs were not be messed with.

West Chester related. My good bud is from there and used to tell me about some place that would come with the pear, turkey, spicy mustard, and grapes combos. He said the had a ton of different meat, fruit, etc combo sandwiches.

More suburb related..Doylestown, PA: Lily's. Their sandwiches are more gourmet than they are heart attack inducing, but they are really good. Cafe America aint too bad either. Right around the corner from an ok record spot (occassional $.49 - .99 pickup, not a whole lot beyond that.)

Also there's a guy who has a rotation around here-- Tex's BBQ. He goes back and forth between a few spots with his truck and smokers and does Pork Loin sandwiches, pulled pork sandwiches, ribs, etc. The pork loin is ridiculous. Just pork and their hot/bbq sauce. Luckily one of his spots is down the street and another is on my way to the bar i work at on weekends.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

I'll even let them get a pass on not "having" that "good bread".

just for the sake of clarification, hoagie haven "has" that "good bread."

I'm dropping the big one:

Carnegie Deli

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I'll even let them get a pass on not "having" that "good bread".

just for the sake of clarification, hoagie haven "has" that "good bread."

I've never had that brand but it's from Trenton. Any bread that's baked using water from South Jersey or Southeast Pennsylvania (lots of run-off of Delaware Water Gap) is "that good bread."

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts

MHMMM!

Carnegie Deli

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

Carnegie Deli

'You want anything else with your sandwich?'

"Yeah, a loaf of bread....and some other people."

Someone had a Mitch quote recently, hopefully that wasn't a repeat.

But that sandwich.......i'd tap.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

I miss America.

- J

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Carnegie Deli

I'd hate to be around for the deuce you drop after that one.

• grilled chicken with some cajun spices
    monterey jack cheese
    ample avocado slices
    fried onion strings
    lettuce
    tomato
    mayo
    poppy seed bun

yes, dudes.