Fuck Fuck Netflix Netflix

luckluck 4,077 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Come on, Marc B. Randolph. Your company was a good idea when it kept its promises.But this "We'll SAY it'll arrive Tuesday, but it'll really come in Thursday or Friday" lie and the old "3-disc set, huh? Well, how about getting discs 2 and 3 two days before disc 1?" bullshit needs to stop. No wonder there are class action suits pending on your company. And don't forget the "Disc is not available/Disc hasn't been released" lockup for us blacklisted quick returners. I KNOW that The Venture Bros., Volume 1, Disc 1 has been released if The Venture Bros., Volume 1, Disc 2 is in my goddamn mailbox.And your complaint dept? It's like talking to a wall made of form letters. Mr. Randolph, please amend your company's missteps before it costs you hundreds of customers.

Comments

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    f'reals! i was on the 1-dvd -a-week plan and used to return those disc with the quickness since the post office was on the way to work, so i'd get at least 2 dvd's a week... then all of a sudden i'd get 1 dvd a week then less... i emailed the customer service and they told me to return the discs to a post office to expedite the process, i replied to them that i DID RETURN THE FUCKING DVD'S to the post office and then never got a reply back. i then cancelled my subscription. fuck netflix dude.

p.s. i live in san jose, like 10 minutes from the corporate headquarters... i was contemplating dropping them off in person but thought against it since id probably break the disc in half and try to stab a customer service representative.

feel your pain,
    rich

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    And don't forget the "Disc is not available/Disc hasn't been released" lockup for us blacklisted quick returners. I KNOW that The Venture Bros., Volume 1, Disc 1 has been released if The Venture Bros., Volume 1, Disc 2 is in my goddamn mailbox.

explain?

but ya. i'd like the movies to arrive on the arrival date netflix specifies. that would make sense.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    And don't forget the "Disc is not available/Disc hasn't been released" lockup for us blacklisted quick returners. I KNOW that The Venture Bros., Volume 1, Disc 1 has been released if The Venture Bros., Volume 1, Disc 2 is in my goddamn mailbox.

explain?

but ya. i'd like the movies to arrive on the arrival date netflix specifies. that would make sense.

Putting "available" new releases at the top of the queue on our account - a rare occurrence, since I'm not looking to rent "Phat Girlz" - sometimes results in a "disc is no longer available" notice (and a removal from the queue). This has happened twice, and we couldn't re-list it. This is when it's not immediately listed as a "very long wait."

And I'm not going to theorize about a "purposefully cracked disc" conspiracy theory. I'm above that.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Yup, and check the "Nearest Netflix Sorting Facility" addy on your return envelopes.
    They do all they can to add days (even weeks) onto a quick returnees cycle.
    Mine turned from Hartford, CT (a half hour away) to Maryland then to Washington State!
    I found a bunch of sites with this gripe so I started printing out & pasting the Hartford address on 'em, returning all 3 movies in one envelope, anything I could do to level the playing field.
    Now I guess they figured they can't run this particular scam on me so I get Hartford envelopes yet again.
    ...and don't get me started on the bottlenecked top 5 in your Q (yeah, I'm sure there's a "Very Long Wait" for a Goddamned Seu Jorge DVD).

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    Try GreenCine.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    been a member for 2 months, fairly quick on the return steez, and no problems yet.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    yes.

• sindiansindian 68 Posts
    been a member for 2 months, fairly quick on the return steez, and no problems yet.

I feel like they prioritize newer users. I got quick turnaround times when I first started. After a while, they started to throttle me even though my usage stayed the same.