POP mail hosting?

ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Hey, anybody have a good rec for a pop mail hosting company? Mine has been bouncing emails back.... not good. They haven't been 100% from the beginning and only offer 15 gigs storage.

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    What do you mean? If you want to use your own domain name try Gmail Hosted For Your Domain. https://www.google.com/hosted

Very next level! I switched all my domains to it. You get the benefit of Gmail's superior features while using your own domain name.

• I need a pop email server. I can handle the domain name stuff.
    Might be interested in gmail, but are they still doing it just as a trial?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Go with GMail. They give you 2+ gigs of storage space. I also have it hooked up through Apple Mail at home. Syncs perfectly. And any SPAM (rare) goes right into its own folder, with an easy way to delete all of them at once.

PM me your email address and I can send you an invite.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I need a pop email server. I can handle the domain name stuff.
    Might be interested in gmail, but are they still doing it just as a trial?

Gmail is invite only or you can sign up using your cellphone. I can send you an invite if you want one. However, that'll give you a Gmail.com email address. If you want [email]name@yourdomain.com[/email] you gotta get Gmail Hosted which you need to apply for. I don't think they denie anyone though. I've gotten approved for three different domain names. You have to contact the company that hosts your domain name and have them change the MX records. It's fairly easy. Google has instructions for it.