SERATO POST 567858687678

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
The downside:All DJs end up playing the exact same songs they all downloaded from message boards and internets.Fuck that I am going RECORD SHOPPING FOR NEW SHIT this weekend.Holler if you agree with me?

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I went to a club last Saturday and I came to the conclusion that records sound better :P

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Back in the late 90's when CD DJ's were first starting to take off, we had dudes that would come into the shop and pay 2-3 bucks a 12" to "rent" the shit and would take it home to rip it and would bring it back a few days later.

I'm surprised this never took off.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    The downside:

All DJs end up playing the exact same songs they all downloaded from message boards and internets.

Fuck that I am going RECORD SHOPPING FOR NEW SHIT this weekend.

Holler if you agree with me?

HELL. YES.

• This is kinda what it's comin' down to.
    Less about what songs you have, but what you do with them.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I went to a club last Saturday and I came to the conclusion that records sound better :P
    that was definitely the sound system.

I bought some records last night and it felt good.

• I think it is more about what you have, and if you have something that the others aren't up on/haven't DL'd yet.

The game should reach a new level of secret squirrelry.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I've been making at least one remix/blend per day... in between butter churnings.
    What's a "record" ?

I think it is more about what you have, and if you have something that the others aren't up on/haven't DL'd yet.

Mislabel'd MP3s!

• I went to a club last Saturday and I came to the conclusion that I need to get Serato :P

• I think it is more about what you have, and if you have something that the others aren't up on/haven't DL'd yet.

Mislabel'd MP3s!

LAPTOP PRIVACY FILTERS SON.

• The downside:

All DJs end up playing the exact same songs they all downloaded from message boards and internets.

Fuck that I am going RECORD SHOPPING FOR NEW SHIT this weekend.

Holler if you agree with me?

it depends on the crowd, but for some, hell yea.

that being said, i think parties are better despite this. without getting into a thesis here, i think that party-goers were a step ahead of djs pre-serato. everyone has access to instant-music via the internet, so its only right that djs have a leg-up on hitting people with stuff they probably haven't heard...even if other djs have the same shit.

also, the new shit (or now shit) is for djs to not only have other people's (good) remixes, but to also have a decent catalogue of their own blends/mashups/etc. quick-mixing is basically the norm for hip hop (based) parties, so if you are playing whatever the current hot song is, its nice to have your own blend to mix-in. also, if you are playing remixes all night, people will inevitably come up and ask you if they are your own. if you made some, at least you dont have to lie.

that being said, crooklynclan.net has some club heat...although you are gonna have to sort through over 500 remixes to find it...and then pay for it.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Ayuh. This becomes particularly clear when folks are doing a 2x4 with one person on Serato and one person on records.

• heell yeeah

I BEEN buyin' records! I mean If you're gonna make a remix or something too it sounds a lot better to use the wax to lay it down anyway. If it's a dope tune I still gotta have the record. The dollar bin has all kinds of good rap joints you can't DL too. Pool yo' resources!

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    yeah, i never quit buying records, either: a. because i still want the instrumentals and acapellas for blends and b. i just like having them (i just don't like carrying them)... one of my main justifications to my wife for spending the dough on serato was "i won't need all these records anymore", but i never even slowed down on buying them, i just don't buy 2 of the same one anymore lol

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    Finally a Serato thread that gives us poor record label guys a little hope. Thanks.

And while we are at it record buyers, be on the look out for this platter dropping in late September. If you download it you still have to cope it for the dope cover art from a certain casual male. Thanks M**e!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

THAT's what I'm talkin' bout!

• major co-signage.

I just got my laptop yesterday and I'm alrady my mind garden is alread schemin'

mislabeling mp3's/mp3 secret squilery is WHATS UP.

but yo...what about when they stop making records?

and to quote to catchdini:

i stay in the dollar bins

so many under-the-radar joints that'll have the next serrato jag-off shook.

I'll always support the labels I like and I'll always buy raers.

• Pool yo' resources!

Translation: hit up P.Ro for the .wav files.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    NO WAY MAN. I STAY DOWNLOADING OFF THE HOLLURBROAD GETTING ALL THE NEW HEAT, MAN I DON'T EVEN OWN NO RECORDS, ALL YOU CATS SPENDING BREAD ON RECORDS IS MODED, I GET ALL THE HEAT I NEED FROM MESSAGE BOARDS AND MY HOMIES ON AIM. NEVER OWNED ANY RECORDS AND NEVER WILL. I'LL JUST BE PLAYING HOT NEW SHIT BEFORE ALL THE REST OF YOU, NYAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    What's the
    THE HOLLURBROAD
    ?

What's a
    "RECORD"
    ?

• NO WAY MAN. I STAY DOWNLOADING OFF THE HOLLURBROAD GETTING ALL THE NEW HEAT, MAN I DON'T EVEN OWN NO RECORDS, ALL YOU CATS SPENDING BREAD ON RECORDS IS MODED, I GET ALL THE HEAT I NEED FROM MESSAGE BOARDS AND MY HOMIES ON AIM. NEVER OWNED ANY RECORDS AND NEVER WILL. I'LL JUST BE PLAYING HOT NEW SHIT BEFORE ALL THE REST OF YOU, NYAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

NO DOUB' SON! I JUST SIT BACK AND PRESS A BUTTON! I JUST STARTED DEEJAYING LAST YEAR (I STILL DON'T HAVE A SILLY NAME THOUGH)! I'M DOING THE PRIVATE PARTY FOR JESUS CHRIST'S RETURN NEXT WEEK IN HOLYWOOD THEN FLYING TO THE MOON TO DJ THE OLSEN TWINS BIRTHDAY. I'M GETTING 10,000 FOR 30 MINUTES!

YALL SOME FAGS WORRYING ABOUT "RECORDS", "MUSIC", AND ALLATHAT! JUST CUT ME MY CHECK, GIMME MY 15 MINUTES AND I'M GOOD.

YO MORSE...WHATS THAT ONE JOINT YOU PLAYED WHERE DUDE IS LIKE DELIVERING NEWSPAPERS AND HE'S TALKING ABOUT DOING DIDDY? THATS TOTALLY GAY DUDE...BUT IT MADE ALL MY HOMEGIRLS FROM MY LOCAL TANNING SALON SHAKE THEIR FLAT ASSES IN THE VIP OXYGEN TENT WE HAD AT THE SONY PLAY STATION/SEX IN THE CITY/SNAKES ON PLANE MOVIE/DVD RELEASE PARTY.

CATCH ME IN YOUR CITY PLAYIN JOINTS OFF THE INTERNET! NYEEAAAHHHH!!!!

• CATCH ME IN YOUR CITY PLAYIN JOINTS OFF THE INTERNET! NYEEAAAHHHH!!!!

YO SON! FUCK PLAYING SONGS FROM THE INTERNET IMMA ACTUALLY PLAY THE INTERNET! PEEP IT LOCO. IMMA GET ONE OF THOSE OLD DIAL-UP MODEMS JOINTS AND JUST HOOK IT UP TO THE SPEAKER SO IT'LL BE LIKE

SCRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD WWWWWWWWWWWWWWZZZZZZZZZZZ

THAT WAS "BOUNCE" BY MY BOY WILL IAM YALL! HOLLER!

PEEP THIS

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 0101101010110101101010101011010::::

THAT WAS MY MASHUP OF FINE YOUNG CANIBALS AND YOUNG JOC

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

• YOU GOT BOTTLE SERVICE?!?!?!?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    VIP OXYGEN TENT

--------

Man, that shit is funny

YOU GOT BOTTLE SERVICE?!?!?!?

SAYIN SON THE CROCO-GATUR WAS AT THE TANNING SALON LAST NIGHT TAKING MAD FLICKS OF ME AND MY GIRLS YO! AND THEN MERYL STREEP GOT ON THE DECKS AND STRAIGHT KILLED IT! SHE SHOWED ME HOW TO USE INTERNAL MODE AND THAT'S HOW I ROLL NOW, I JUST GOT LIKE 80 GIGS OF 80'S FROM A 80'S BABY!!! NYYYYEEEEAAAAAGHHHHH!!!

• YOU GOT BOTTLE SERVICE?!?!?!?

SAYIN SON THE CROCO-GATUR WAS AT THE TANNING SALON LAST NIGHT TAKING MAD FLICKS OF ME AND MY GIRLS YO! AND THEN MERYL STREEP GOT ON THE DECKS AND STRAIGHT KILLED IT! SHE SHOWED ME HOW TO USE INTERNAL MODE AND THAT'S HOW I ROLL NOW, I JUST GOT LIKE 80 GIGS OF 80'S FROM A 80'S BABY!!! NYYYYEEEEAAAAAGHHHHH!!!

HOLD UP! I THOUGHT YOU WHERE DEEJAYING THE SECRET WEDDING OF JENNIFER ANISTON AND VINCE VAUGHN? GIMME SOME SKIN! I GREW UP WITH MERYL STREEP'S KIDS...WE GO WAY BACK..WE EVEN WENT TO ART SCHOOL TOGETHER.