It's a fucking mosque people!

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Letter threatens to blow up Taj Mahal By BISWAJEET BANERJEE, Associated Press Writer 32 minutes ago LUCKNOW, India - Soldiers were on 24-hour guard at the Taj Mahal after officials received a letter threatening to blow up the monument, officials said Friday. Authorities were investigating a handwritten letter received Thursday ??? purportedly sent by an al-Qaida supporter ??? that said the terrorist group planned blasts at the 17th century monument, which drew nearly 2.5 million tourists last year."Police are verifying the source of the letter," said Ashok Kumar, a senior government official in Uttar Pradesh state where the Taj Mahal is located. "The letter could be false but we cannot afford to be complacent. We are not taking any chances and have enhanced security at the Taj."At least 100 additional paramilitary soldiers with automatic weapons have been posted around the Taj Mahal complex, authorities said.The state government has asked the federal civil aviation authorities and India's air force to declare a no-fly zone within a 2.5-mile radius of the Taj Mahal, said N. C. Bajpei, Uttar Pradesh's highest official.Tourists have been warned not to carry any liquids, including bottles of mineral water, to the fabled white marble structure located in the city of Agra, 130 miles from the Indian capital, New Delhi. Sandbag bunkers also have been set up outside the towering entrance gates, Kumar said.The majestic domed monument was built by the Mogul Emperor Shah Jehan between 1632 and 1654 for his favorite wife, Mumtaz Mahal. It houses their graves and a mosque, as well as several graves of lesser Mogul royalty.[/b]India deployed tens of thousands of police to patrol major cities and posted sharpshooters on rooftops Tuesday as the country marked 59 years of independence under a terror alert. The celebrations came a month after the train bombings in Bombay killed 207 people.It's a fucking mosque! Fucking dillholes. I know peoples blew up shrines and mosques in Iraq, but that seemed to stem from sectarian hatred. WTF!!!!!!![/b]

Comments

• Dude, India has a LONG history of Moslem vs. Hindu sectarian discord.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Dude, India has a HUGE Muslim minority and have only had major incidents of terrorism (of note) quite recently. My point was rather that the threat is from a (presumed) Muslim adherent on a Muslim monument to beauty, architecture, and love. A lack of agenda if you will, at least in my mind.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Dude, India has a HUGE Muslim minority and have only had major incidents of terrorism (of note) quite recently. My point was rather that the threat is from a (presumed) Muslim adherent on a Muslim monument to beauty, architecture, and love. A lack of agenda if you will, at least in my mind.

Let's face it....there are folks out there who's "agenda" is death and destruction to everything and everyone.

• Dude, India has a HUGE Muslim minority and have only had major incidents of terrorism (of note) quite recently. My point was rather that the threat is from a (presumed) Muslim adherent on a Muslim monument to beauty, architecture, and love. A lack of agenda if you will, at least in my mind.

Let's face it....there are folks out there who's "agenda" is death and destruction to everything and everyone.

BINGO

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I think its a hoax.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    what really sucks about religous facsism is that by default it makes me pick a side
    which in of itself is fucked
    and that is just what al queda wants-total polarization
    i see any kind of fundamentalizm as a schizm
    lets face it
    the CIA/Al Queda/Arms Dealers/mossad/hamass/hezbollah/THE MARINES ETC
    are all interchangeable male dominated structures with single minded intent andgoals
    KILL THE OTHER MOTHERFUCKER WHO DOESN"T BELEIVE IN MY INVISIBLE GOD

Humans suck ass

It feels as hoaxy as John Karr, but it still pisses me off. How can you look at a structure like that and be like, I'm gonna blow this shit up?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    what really sucks about religous facsism is that by default it makes me pick a side
    i see any kind of fundamentalizm as a schizm
    lets face it
    are all interchangeable male dominated structures with single minded intent andgoals

Humans suck ass

Yep the U.S. Marines and Al Queda have the same exact fanatical religious mindset.

Yep the U.S. Marines and Al Queda have the same exact fanatical religious mindset.

A person's good intentions are hard to tell when they are trying to kill you.

• what really sucks about religous facsism is that by default it makes me pick a side

you should always think in absolutes

lets face it

I heard they started offing all people in the armed forced who haven't chosen a god, can you confirm?

Humans suck ass

Its not the humans. It's the lizards. Don't let yourself get fooled, read between the lines.

The new world order is upon us. Only Osama, KRS-One, and Tina Yothers can be trusted from this point on.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    It feels as hoaxy as John Karr, but it still pisses me off. How can you look at a structure like that and be like, I'm gonna blow this shit up?

Well, honestly:

Fanaticism happens.