Callin all Baller$

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
(Obviously) Not My Auction Dude is kinda looking for maximum $$$ here, hmm?Saying the only other one to sell on eBay was a "steal" at $600 and starting the bid at $2,000 seems a bit greedy,but hey, why knock the hustle?
2 on ebay EVER in the history of ebay!!!

Comments

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Damn, I just coped "Demon Fuzz" from this cat. He has the goods for real. I'm about to snatch sumelse from him soon...

• "steal"

doesn't this seller always have insanely high starting bids??

i remember a day when people were splurging to drop $400 on Boscoe. i also recall talk of it being REISSSSUUUEEEDD. someone should just anonymously send scorpio a master and the artwork and just get it over with.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    this guy puts up shitty ranchera LPs with colorful covers and calls them "Mexican psych garage fuzz rare funky"

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    THIS IS ME YOU BASTARDS!!!

j/k.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    also I love that he considers covers with seam splits to be "VG++". But I guess a lot of ebay sellers do, at least he's up front about it. still...

• chrischris 287 Posts
    2 on ebay EVER in the history of ebay!!!

errrr no.
    you could buy this thing for $75 on ebay as recently as 2004.

This is a super limited pressing of less then 100 i believe

c'mon......

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    also I love that he considers covers with seam splits to be "VG++". But I guess a lot of ebay sellers do, at least he's up front about it.

Seam splits, we're talking plural? That's VG-!!!

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    has anyone done any business w/ this guy other than Ebay? does he open up the warehouse?

• has anyone done any business w/ this guy other than Ebay? does he open up the warehouse?

I don't know about a warehouse, but he lists/hypes ridiculous turds.
    Everything is a "private pressing" that is "ripe" or something.

100 pressed!!!!!!!
    Grail of funk!!
    SIP THE JUICE!!!
    Feel the pressure being put on you to press the button!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

you'd have to be on a shit ton of mushrooms to spend 2 grand on that

• Seriously, this guy has the most exaggerated and inaccurate listings I've ever seen on ebay. Every folk record ever made is a dreamy acid psych folk masterpiece according to him. Every gospel record is afro black funky breaks gospel. This is the same guy that was using the word Negro in his titles a little while ago to describe his gospel and soul records. I would never do business with this douche.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

What's a HOLLY GRAIL???

• douche negro holly grail braeks!
    I'd bid.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

What's a HOLLY GRAIL???

do we need an amendment to ====> ???

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Seriously, this guy has the most exaggerated and inaccurate listings I've ever seen on ebay. Every folk record ever made is a dreamy acid psych folk masterpiece according to him. Every gospel record is afro black funky breaks gospel. This is the same guy that was using the word Negro in his titles a little while ago to describe his gospel and soul records. I would never do business with this douche.

This wanker recently had a straight white gospel LP listed as "Still Sealed Rare Xian Psych Led Zeppelin" or somesuch and his description explained that they did a rare version of Zeppelin's "Stairway To Heaven".

I wrote him and explained that there was a very well known old gospel tune by the same name and asked how he knew it was the Zep song. Even told him if the writing credits said "Plant/Page", or if he could prove to me somehow that it was the Zeppelin tune I'd pay big bucks for it.

He wrote me back saying that there was no way he could be sure it was the Zeppelin song but he was pretty sure it was. And even if it wasn't it was a good LP regardless.

Damn....at least the Boscoe LP is worth $100....look at this crap

http://cgi.ebay.com/JOSH-WHITE-LIVE-ABC-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Twenty bucks tops!!!

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    My favorite part of the listing:

if you would like to hear some samples feel free to call our store and we can play SOME SAMPLE FOR YOU (952-942-0000)

Phone sex for records: "For $1.99 a minute, you can listen to the sensual sounds of Stark Reality..."

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    What the Hell is Next???

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    he's gotta charge those high prices to pay for all the fees for the terds that got no bids!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I'm willing to bet he's lurked on here

• this seller is a total wanker. his descriptions are fookin incredulous...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    yeah, this guy is comedy. A while back he had a Scottish bagpipe and drum Folkways lp listed as RAER FLOKWAYS DRUM BREAKZ or some shit. His descriptions are so far fetched it'd seem that he'd have to have some sense of humor about it.

yeah, this guy is comedy. A while back he had a Scottish bagpipe and drum Folkways lp listed as RAER FLOKWAYS DRUM BREAKZ or some shit. His descriptions are so far fetched it'd seem that he'd have to have some sense of humor about it.

Yep....he's laughing all the way to the bank at the expense of many one time, hopeful of the hype, victims.

If there are any two time victims it's their own damn fault.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    He has 7 neutral feedbacks in the past month -
    mostly condition-based, and even his positive
    feedbacks say shit like "ok - one skip" for an
    LP listed as M- ... tired of these muthafuckin' snakes!

• Positive feedback rating: i leave u a good 1 fot this lp which is trad pure black goepel!!can I return??

marcofunk

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    marco believes funk[/b] is the one and truly righteous path to salvation