Reused LP mailers = small world

holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Just got an LP in the mail today. Not that that is unusual in itself as some sort of vinyl comes in the mail most days. But the life of the record mailer itself made me chuckle.It appears to have been bought by HCrink who sent it to a W Lauwers in the Netherlands in late April. It then went from there to Scrimbo in late July who then posted it to me today. Crazy that 3 of the 4 are on the Strut. Even more disturbing is that because it has James' work address on it, I see that he works at the same place as my piece of shit ex-wife. Bananas.

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Even more disturbing is that because it has James' work address on it, I see that he works at the same place as my piece of shit ex-wife. Bananas.

• scrimboscrimbo 49 Posts
    Actually all 4 are Stutters...W Lauwers is a member here, but his username escapes me. Glad you got the record!!!

A lot of trades I have done through this website or other similar forums have turned up familiar names as well.

We could start a re-used mailer chain letter or something...

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Straight up, that photo isn't her, but that is a pretty cool walrus, as far as stone walrus' go, possibly the best I've seen.

• Actually all 4 are Stutters...Red Clay is a member here, but his username escapes me. Glad you got the record!!!

enjoying it - thanks dude!

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Crink's mailers seem to get around, I recently got a mailer from BeardedD, who got it from Crink, who got it from SportCasual. Started in Brooklyn, ended up in Manhattan.

• Hi!

So how??s about designing a soulstrut stamp to travel around ?

Seb

Straight up, that photo isn't her, but that is a pretty cool walrus, as far as stone walrus' go, possibly the best I've seen.

I didn't say it was her. The photo was my response to your post, though.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    How do you y'all reuse mailers, when there's more than one address on the mailer?

Here's some random mailers that I have laying around:

-From Red Clay who in turn received it initially from aleit.

-From davesrecords, who received it from a record shop in CT, who received it from France (Victor Kiswell, I think).

• How do you y'all reuse mailers, when there's more than one address on the mailer?

Print out a mailing label that covers the previous address and tape that bee-yatch on...

Print out a mailing label that covers the previous address and tape that bee-yatch on...

There we go. That's the way I did it when I used to trade live shows on CD, because that's how I had seen others do it. It helps, but every few weeks Walgreen's will have their 3 for 99 cent sale on mailers too.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I once used a mailer used by Cr**g Moe*er before (he seemed to be the original sender). It had a sack hair under the clear tape. I marked the hair with a felt marker (sth like original C**ig Moe*r sack hair RAER[/b]) and sent a record to a fellow Soulstrutter. I guess my recipient didn't notice it. I didn't get any feedback...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Crink's condoms seem to get around, I recently got a condom from BeardedD, who got it from Crink, who got it from SportCasual. Started in Brooklyn, ended up in Manhattan.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I think Soul Strut brand??? mailing stickers would be the shite. Even more so if you can do 'em Avery size so we can put 'em in our printers.

Make it happen.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I think Soul Strut brand??? mailing stickers would be the shite.

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts
    A long time ago I bought a few LPs from Guzzo (I even gave him his first feedback on ebay as a seller). 5 monthes ago Guzzo wins one of my auctions under his "buyer ID" wich is different than his "seller ID". Well I sent his record in the mailer he used to send me records more than 3 years ago...

That was destiny...

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    my piece of shit ex-wife. Bananas.

your piece of shit ex-wifes name is Bananas?

thats fucking sweet.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    my piece of shit ex-wife. Bananas.

your piece of shit ex-wifes name is Bananas?

thats fucking sweet.
    Yeah, you'd think that would've set the alarm bells ringing & given me the good sense to split early.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Mailers that I've touched are collectable. Don't sleep.

RARE PRIVATE TOUCHED BY WAXIDERMY FOUNDER LP MAILER BREAKZ!!![/b]