Music catalog programs

NutsNuts 44 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I'm planning on putting the info of all my records into a searchable database. I searched on google, but I didn't really find what I was looking for. Do any of you have any experience with this and could recommend me some good programs? Or is it easier to make it in access or something similar? I tried to search the site, but I couldn't find anything within the 3 month search span.

Comments

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    I use CATraxx. It's killer. Very powerfull, with many, many options. Very customizable. If anything, it has too many options. It also has an active support forum with some pretty knowledgable dudes on there. Then if you really want to get fancy, you can use xsl/xml to really customize things (not that Ive gone this far though).

Be carefull though. Originally I just wanted to enter simple info like artist, album, year and label/catalogue number. But now I find myself putting track names, album cover art, how much I paid, where I bought it from, even track lengths when they're written! Frickin crazy, I know. But it's kind of addictive (NERD!). heh, I dont even know why I'd want to store that info.

Also, if you have your tags nicely organized on your MP3s/FLACs/etc, it can scan these folders and database-erize 'em for ya

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    I'm planning on putting the info of all my records into a searchable database. I searched on google, but I didn't really find what I was looking for. Do any of you have any experience with this and could recommend me some good programs? Or is it easier to make it in access or something similar?
    I tried to search the site, but I couldn't find anything within the 3 month search span.

Nuts

I was just looking yesterday for some programs like the one you look for.
    I found these two, but I can't say if they are good or not cos' I don't use them.

Music library

Music database

I use this one for cataloguing digital music on CDs and DVDs:

CD Bank cataloguer

Hope this help you.

Peace