POST ALL SOUL STRUT RELATED JPEGS.

123457»

Comments

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    I don't have any jpegs to drop, just appreciation. Before i came on the strut, all I had for record knowledge was a ubb list, a few mp3 looped drum break sites and whatever blurry and amorphous concept of the record game I could cull together from various CD cover sample clearances.

I am by no means a maighty collectro, but the strut has completely changed my outlook on how to enjoy the music of the past, rather than obsess about preserving just 4.5 seconds of it, to completely emerssing oneself in the music.

It seems kind of funny to think about it now as a real listener, but this wasn't always the case. Anyways, I just wanted to drop props this morning.

Later.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

RastaDub

per request by you know who...

Ayres T-Shirt prototypes after the Houston shit...

me feeling positive about asprin...

Break in the Road Release Party...

making fun of Strutter "Regan" on the post your mug post (too much bedroom eyes)...

kidinquisitive @ XXXplosive

jaybreezie @ XXXplosive

me@ XXXplosive...and that's spankrock performing...

That's all she wrote.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    No fucking way....

When I was living in Bristol(uk).This was about 5 years ago(or more) I would see this cat around.As a matter of fact, I played right after him at a pub(I forget the name of place, I wanna say the Bell),I just remember it was going towards St.Pauls..Anyways, that guy would always play just crazy ass dub music,anything roots reggae ect.I know that cat has allot of shit that people would thrive to have..he also has a brief case with i think 2 mini disc players and a grip of mini discs!

Just wanted to share that..a trip seeing this guy and he was mad cool.Hope he is doing well..where did you get that photo anyways?!?!?

Much peace and respect
    Adrian

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    No fucking way....

When I was living in Bristol(uk).This was about 5 years ago(or more) I would see this cat around.As a matter of fact, I played right after him at a pub(I forget the name of place, I wanna say the Bell),I just remember it was going towards St.Pauls..Anyways, that guy would always play just crazy ass dub music,anything roots reggae ect.I know that cat has allot of shit that people would thrive to have..he also has a brief case with i think 2 mini disc players and a grip of mini discs!

Just wanted to share that..a trip seeing this guy and he was mad cool.Hope he is doing well..where did you get that photo anyways?!?!?

Much peace and respect
    Adrian

Great story, thanks for sharing! Just what I thought: this dude is cool! Photo is from Vice magazine.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    "that's not a real cyclops cat"

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    No fucking way....

Much peace and respect
    Adrian

Yeah, thats the well know DJ Derek. Story here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/west/series9/week_seven.shtml

I believe he sold off his collection and it's now all on minidisc. He's also released a comp album on Trojan.

• is this real or photoshopped ?

i want to see that one by two ply where he got the leo sayer record for christmas...i remember it was funny as shit at the time.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    myself on blast.

coney island is gay....

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

is this real or photoshopped ?

i want to see that one by two ply where he got the leo sayer record for christmas...i remember it was funny as shit at the time.

I think I lost those pics. I'd like to see them again too.

• Mr. & Mrs. Garcia Vega

deepstank & bambouche giving the

(pong on Microwave)

noixe, ferrari, delay, ms. delay, big spliff

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Raj needs to make this thread a sticky. Or place it in a Classic Thread section in the main index!!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Raj needs to make this thread a sticky. Or place it in a Classic Thread section in the main index!!

Please!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

This one will never stop being funny to me.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

Please!

Or just make an image gallery with commenting enabled. That would be sweet

• YemskyYemsky 707 Posts

Please!

There are so many place holders and dead links that Raj should really repost this in a gallery.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Fatback's Herbie Mann homage is pretty much unfuckwitable, imo.

• Oh shit.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    i miss sketch

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    This deserves a bump.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    DOR said:
    That whole blind-date fiasco needs to be up there in full .avi glory.

Unless it's already on youtube...

You requested, so we rewind!!!

• YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
    Yemsky said:

Please!

There are so many place holders and dead links that Raj should really repost this in a gallery.

Placeholders and dead links suck.