NO KIDDING! MY HOMEBOY ROCKS TWO TAPE DECKS!

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
my boy oakcliff rocks two tapedecks to this day at the club he spins. i went by his house and has all types of vinyl and no turntables. everytime i ask him to rock some new joint he asks me to put it on tape for him. thats just crazy but from what i hear he gets the job done with them tape deck joints. anybody know of someone like this or who rocks party's with two portables or two 8-tracks? www.thecraftbeats.com

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I did a party once with 2 duel casette decks. It came off.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    That's awesome. I get sick of these cats with their fany portable CD players... it's flys in the face of the art of walkmanin'. Like, even auto reverse is pushin' it. If you can't fuckin' flip that shit, just listen to the radio or something! LOLS!!!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    my boy oakcliff rocks two tapedecks to this day at the club he spins. i went by his house and has all types of vinyl and no turntables. everytime i ask him to rock some new joint he asks me to put it on tape for him. thats just crazy but from what i hear he gets the job done with them tape deck joints. anybody know of someone like this or who rocks party's with two portables or two 8-tracks?

www.thecraftbeats.com

Sounds like he and that dude in the Serato thread would get along swell.

Hola Cosmo

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hola Day. I'm formatting a new 300 GB external HD.

Very excited.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    This guy is the definition of

He even builds his own equipment.

Cassette DJ

Cassetter DJ 1

Peace

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    There's a DJ out here that cuts, mixes, and scratches on tapedecks.

• Beige Records' World Cassette Jockey Championship

My homie Doug Surreal did a couple of sets under the name "DJ Tape" and did some ill ill sets with two tape decks.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

That photo section is x 10K

Spider-Man 2099 in tha house!!

• yeah the beige guys were killin it on the weird party tip in chicago.
    their HQ was called "camp gay" and apparently had a "knife throwing wall"

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    my boy oakcliff rocks two tapedecks to this day at the club he spins. i went by his house and has all types of vinyl and no turntables. everytime i ask him to rock some new joint he asks me to put it on tape for him. thats just crazy but from what i hear he gets the job done with them tape deck joints. anybody know of someone like this or who rocks party's with two portables or two 8-tracks?

www.thecraftbeats.com

Long before he became a superstar of MOR blue-eyed soul, when Simply Red was still an up-and-coming circuit band in Manchester during the mid-80's, Mick Hucknall used to promote and DJ at a popular soul/reggae/funk night at Manchester University's student union called "Black Rhythms". I used to go with my girl-at-the-time pretty regularly, and I can testify that Mick used to play some great stuff, all of it off cassette.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

Very excited.

Hijack... Whadya get? How much did it cost? I'm looking for one in the 300-500 Gig range.

• the_jthe_j 49 Posts
    I did a set with a mate of mine at a local club, under the names Dolby NR and C90, with a kids toy dual cassette mixer.
    (an earlier version of this: http://images.kmart.com/assets/images/product/productDetail/1030000000396288.jpg)

We used only og tapes. Either singles or albums, didn;t record any stuff on to tapes specially for it. So it ended up like an old school kind of thing.Actually found a copy of Drum Drops volume one on cassette as we prepared for it. Went down well.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

Very excited.

Hijack... Whadya get? How much did it cost? I'm looking for one in the 300-500 Gig range.

get a 500gb My Book from best buy for $229

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Very excited.

get a 500gb My Book from best buy for $229

It is a Seagate 300 GB External. My mom works for an education company and they are always hooked up with all types of shit, so I didn't get to choose the brand or model, but then again I didn't have to pay for it.

She also brought me 2 DIMM cards for my desktop, 512 each, whereas I've only had 256 all this time (128 each.) So my RAM bumped up from over a GB of memory. That should do wonders to this machine.

Has anyone ever seen these Plus Deck 2 thingamajigs? For $80 it might be worth it for those who have a lot of mixtapes/cassettes.

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    the plusdeck 2 is a waste of money.. just hook your walkman up to your soundcard and record .. 256kbps vbr all the way baby

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    On the external drive tip, if you get a laptop drive and stick it in housing yourself, not only is it pysically smaller, it can be powed totally by USB, so no shitty wall plug.

This may be common knowledge but I just learned it on the weekend, so I thought I would share.

• there was a dude on the 1991 dmc semifinals [qbert's first back when he was chubby and rocked the beanie over backward bball hat]. yeah, anyways at the end of the show they had an exhibition on a dude from the ukraine called MR TAPE and he juggled a set on 2 reel to reels. he even cut and scratched. it was pretty awesome if anyone knows what the hell im talking about.