Pitbull's "Fidel Castro: Ya Se Acabo"

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
GODDAMN THIS SHIT IS HOT!!!!!Sounds like he's just rhyming over some sick ass Afro-Cuban shit! Anybody know what the OG is? Does anybody have an MP3 of this?!FILE UNDER:ORGANIC CLUB BANGERHerm

Comments

• reskresk 391 Posts
    yeah man, i give him props for coming out bold on that one (no matter what your stance on castro is)

they been playing it here in miami on at least one of the major stations, but its on one of the latin/urban station (96.5fm)...havent heard it yet on the just plain urban stations (99.1 or 103.5)

• reskresk 391 Posts
    oh shit, i didnt know there was an english verse, i always catch the song at the second half

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Thanks, Catch!!!

Is this available on vinyl? I'm not Serato'd up yet.

Herm

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Jesus christ that song is fucking flames.

I don't know if I can play it though... dig?

Fuck, I want to like motherfucker. GodDAMN that shit is next.

• I don't know if I can play it though... dig?

thats the first thing i thought after i heard it. INSTRUMENTAL PLAESE

Out of curiosity, why wouldn't you play it? Too controversial?

There aren't very many Cubanos out here so I'm not too worried about offending/pissing off people. Not that I'd even have the chance seeing how this probably won't make it to vinyl.

There's gotta be an OG to this song, though. I read that dude recorded it immediately after Castro handed power over to his brother. Supposedly radio was playing it the next morning. Was the beat already made or is it just him rhyming over an instrumental/riddim? Inquiring minds want to know!

Herm

P.S. I got love for Pitbull. He may not be the greatest lyricist, but he makes fun songs, most of which happen to be "organic club bangers." Plus he comes across as being a real humble dude (which carries a lot of weight with me these days).

• I don't know if I can play it though... dig?

i would probably play it regardless, i was just concurring with cosmo's statement that any pro-castro song is something loaded enough to make you go HMMM

i would probably play it regardless, i was just concurring with cosmo's statement that any pro-castro song is something loaded enough to make you go HMMM

But this is ANTI-Castro. Or do you mean "pro" in the sense that - regardless of the celebratory nature of the song - another Castro is now (temporarily) in charge? Do Cubans in the US really feel that way? I would think they'd like the song, even though the situation is far from perfect.

Herm

• Pitbull makes great party records and the beat is hot as fuck, but I can not fuck with the song because of the lyrics. Even if I sympathized with Cuban exiles in America-- which I don't-- it's just too fucking mean-spirited ("I'm hoping he's dead.").

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    While I don't approve of this Pitbull's death to Castro stance, I do approve of his organic club banger stance. Say

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Instrumental