THAT NEW 50 CENT "MISDEMEANOR" SCHITT

2»

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    p.s. Phill[/b] I don't think the youngins are feeling this one.

Oh, I wouldn't expect they would. I didn't expect them to like "One Thing" or "Crazy In Love" either due to the retro beats, so who knows. I just like it myself, you know I could give a @#*% what the youngings like!

Seems like 50's so arrogant that he feels he can go against what everybody seems to be into these days and put out some "real schittesque" (thanks for that term Wizzle!) music and still hit big with it. I SERIOUSLY have my doubts but I sure would like to be wrong about that. We shall see.

is this the one where he just raps over the whole song? How is this real shit again?

Does real shit just mean something with a sample in it? Is this the same thing that makes that diddy song "real shit"?

Do yall really just wanna hear the same breaks used over and over to eternity?

• mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
    Can someone re-up please?

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Streets are not feelin 50cent out here. All about the new Game...

Is this the same Game with the G-Unot tattoo on his neck?
    the same Game that released that self sonning/how to stalk 50 Cent vid "Stop Snitchin', Stop Lyin" ?
    This cant be i thought be people had finally seen him for the fool that he is.

Same Game, new label imprint... Under Geffen now, I think Curtis Jackson Music since he is still signed under 50... Anyway I think people, the streets or the kids are just tired of 50Cent. Add to the fact that the Mobb Deep album was a dud, and nobody wants anything to do with anything Lloyd Banks related (50cent is pushing for this album hard), and the fact that Game rides more with Dre than 50 does, LA is just going to drift more to the hometown hero so to speak anyway. Also the streets love that stop snitchin stop lyin cd/dvd out here.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

the same Game that released that self sonning/how to stalk 50 Cent vid "Stop Snitchin', Stop Lyin" ?

Same Game, new label imprint... Under Geffen now, I think Curtis Jackson Music since he is still signed under 50... Anyway I think people, the streets or the kids are just tired of 50Cent. Add to the fact that the Mobb Deep album was a dud, and nobody wants anything to do with anything Lloyd Banks related (50cent is pushing for this album hard), and the fact that Game rides more with Dre than 50 does, LA is just going to drift more to the hometown hero so to speak anyway. Also the streets love that stop snitchin stop lyin cd/dvd out here.

How is this that your speaking for "the streets" these days anyway mayne?

50 cent's brand might be a little weak at the moment, but you cant tell me he wasnt the driving force creatively on the last game record. Dude wrote 6 songs. Dre aint "riding" for nobody either.

• Do yall really just wanna hear the same breaks used over and over to eternity?

Yes !!! No samples allowed unless they are on UBB 1 - 25...

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    p.s. Phill[/b] I don't think the youngins are feeling this one.

Oh, I wouldn't expect they would. I didn't expect them to like "One Thing" or "Crazy In Love" either due to the retro beats, so who knows. I just like it myself, you know I could give a @#*% what the youngings like!

Seems like 50's so arrogant that he feels he can go against what everybody seems to be into these days and put out some "real schittesque" (thanks for that term Wizzle!) music and still hit big with it. I SERIOUSLY have my doubts but I sure would like to be wrong about that. We shall see.

is this the one where he just raps over the whole song? How is this real shit again?

Does real shit just mean something with a sample in it? Is this the same thing that makes that diddy song "real shit"?

Yo, check it out... I just downloaded the reup and THIS IS NOT IT. There is a version where I guess they use the Foster Sylvers Misdemeanor instrumental and mixed in some of the acapella probably and beefed that schitt UP, maybe with some live instrument schitt played on top, I dunno. 50 does his thing pretty nicely compared to what he's been doing lately, but the music is BAAAAAAAANGIN'.[/b]

Read the whole thread before coming with your usual pimple popping disdain for THAT REAL SCHITT, foolio. I was not even talking about the mixtape version that was posted here. But since you brought it up, yes the version where he raps over the song can be considered THAT REAL SCHITT, although I don't think it's as hot as the studio version. And yes I do want to hear the same breaks used over and over to eternity. That's my muthafuckin' perogative. Get the fuck out of my threads if you got a problem with that.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    and the fact that Game rides more with Dre than 50 does

Streets is feeling unrequited male groupiedom?

• Streets are not feelin 50cent out here. All about the new Game...

Game may ride hard for Dre, but that shit is totally one sided. There aren't even any Dre beats on the new album. Doctor's advocate indeed.

• I doesn't mateer because real LA (not Hollywood) is not feelin' fifty anymore. He's too clownish. Not reality based. This in the opinion of the streets. Certified.

• True.. not to turn this into a Doc B thread. But when he's allowed to play what he wants, to me he has the best play selection and sequencing of any dj i've ever heard. He's nice on the cutting and scratching side too. Next to Jazzy Jeff, DoC B is my favorite DJ as far as just straight up listening too.

doc b! i dont get a chance to listen to the radio much anymore but from 2000-2003 he was my favorite philly dj. old school selections were great and his mixing (although extremely repetitive...rewinds on every transition) was/is always on point.

that being said, from an all-around skills standpoint, he doesnt hold a candle to jay-ski and excel. touchtone is also a technically insane dj and cosmic kev, when he wants to, can scratch his ass off. philly is tough dude! the music selection can be painful but the scratching and mixing of these dudes is . in the late 90s jay ski was a monster on 103.9's mixshows and he never beat you over the head with his cuts. everything was so subtle but still facemelting. scratch makanics are the most underrated dj crew around.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah, Skratch Mekanics are dope as hell. They sometimes need to break out of that "integrity-hop" world but on the strength as DJs (and as dudes) they're tops.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

How is this that your speaking for "the streets" these days anyway mayne?

50 cent's brand might be a little weak at the moment, but you cant tell me he wasnt the driving force creatively on the last game record. Dude 6 songs. Dre aint "riding" for nobody either.

Speaking on what I hear from said streets "mayne" but let me throw in the majority opinion of our customer base at the store as well. The perception among most outside of the hollywood club DJs is that 50 is falling off. You can feel free to come through the store and talk with those in said streets about this... Besides Dre and Game are from LA, they are always going to get more support out here than someone like 50cent especially when it becomes something like an eastcoast vs. westcoast situation. Like Taza noted, the your streets consider 50cent to be a joke right now.

• True.. not to turn this into a Doc B thread. But when he's allowed to play what he wants, to me he has the best play selection and sequencing of any dj i've ever heard. He's nice on the cutting and scratching side too. Next to Jazzy Jeff, DoC B is my favorite DJ as far as just straight up listening too.

doc b! i dont get a chance to listen to the radio much anymore but from 2000-2003 he was my favorite philly dj. old school selections were great and his mixing (although extremely repetitive...rewinds on every transition) was/is always on point.

that being said, from an all-around skills standpoint, he doesnt hold a candle to jay-ski and excel. touchtone is also a technically insane dj and cosmic kev, when he wants to, can scratch his ass off. philly is tough dude! the music selection can be painful but the scratching and mixing of these dudes is . in the late 90s jay ski was a monster on 103.9's mixshows and he never beat you over the head with his cuts. everything was so subtle but still facemelting. scratch makanics are the most underrated dj crew around.

I forgot to mention as much as I love everyone you mentioned I'll take 90's DJ RAN (Pre WCW days ) over all of the above.

I forgot to mention as much as I love everyone you mentioned I'll take 90's DJ RAN (Pre WCW days ) over all of the above.

yessir. r-r-r-r-r-randy.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    True.. not to turn this into a Doc B thread. But when he's allowed to play what he wants, to me he has the best play selection and sequencing of any dj i've ever heard. He's nice on the cutting and scratching side too. Next to Jazzy Jeff, DoC B is my favorite DJ as far as just straight up listening too.

yessir. r-r-r-r-r-randy.

HAH.

What a guy.

• p.s. Phill[/b] I don't think the youngins are feeling this one.

[/b]

And yes I do want to hear the same breaks used over and over to eternity. That's my muthafuckin' perogative.