"Club Bangers w/ an organic sound"????

Comments

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    Y'all are buggin, that song kills, nice long mix to the instrumental gets the ladies going as recognition creeps over their faces. Finally drops the main mix, that shit is club gold.

You're playing to some pretty schooled-up ladies if they're recognizing a clanging drum loop and a choppy guitar. Good as it may be, IMO, the instro doesn't have instant recognition.

(oh shit sorry I was trying to reply, not edit)

• You're playing to some pretty schooled-up ladies if they're recognizing a clanging drum loop and a choppy guitar. Good as it may be, IMO, the instro doesn't have instant recognition.

Multiple people have said it has instant recognition because they have witnessed it first hand, as has anyone who has set foot in a club during the year this song was hot. What does it matter if you think people wouldn't recognize it? Why are people still arguing about this?

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    list your top 10 club bangers, antibalas best not be in it.

Fucking hell, y'all gotta check yourselves.
    I was agreeing with Deej about 'One Thing' & then name-checked 'Che Che Cole' in the same post and you all get your fucking "making a living DJing in clubs" panties in a twist.
    I wasn't COMPARING the two songs. I was answering the original question about club bangers with an organic sound. For me, 'Che Che Cole Makossa' works a crowd.
    The acapella for 'One Thing' has got better recognition than the instro.

Fuck it, I am gonna try a 'One Thing Makossa' (acapella + instro, respectively) and see how many ladies rush the floor... soon to be

• damn, wasn't this thread about me asking for what does it mean when labels want "club bangers with an organic sound"

• to which the answer is "rich harrison". as exemplified by "crazy in love" and "1 thing".

• galang

This doesn't strike me as very organic with it's bleeps and synthesized sounds.

you are correct. I put on the caveman remix laaate last night. the beginning has crunchy bass drums and cowbell in the beginning. the og is not fit for the thread and this version only in the ballpark in the first 30 seconds until it gets synthy.

• to which the answer is "rich harrison". as exemplified by "crazy in love" and "1 thing".

actually last night Morse dropped "Rosa Parks" and I was like "this is mad organic with it's acoustic guitar sample".

SOME FOOLS ON HERE WOULD ARGUE IF THE SKY WAS BLUE OR NOT

• I don't know if I would call "Rosa Parks" a club banger, though.

TOTALLY GROOVELESS (GRAEMLIN ALERT?!?!!). I was analyzing the dancefloor and people where moving more the beat that actually "grooving".

• "this is mad organic with it's acoustic guitar sample".

JT-Like I Love You

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I don't know if I would call "Rosa Parks" a club banger, though.

TOTALLY GROOVELESS (GRAEMLIN ALERT?!?!!). I was analyzing the dancefloor and people where moving more the beat that actually "grooving".

yr clowning is grade C- material

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

[Last Word Mentality]yr clowning is grade C- material[/Last Word Mentality]

You made your bed. At least man up and sleep in it. You started that silly distinction and if people want to call you on it...that's how it works.

Well, at least i'm intentionally funny.

YO THE SKY IS BLUE!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

You made your bed. At least man up and sleep in it. You started that silly distinction and if people want to call you on it...that's how it works.

I like this new "gangster" Oliver. You wear Southern California well.

Oh shit. ZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGALAMADUNI!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Fuck it, I am gonna try a 'One Thing Makossa' (acapella + instro, respectively) and see how many ladies rush the floor... soon to be

That's worth a shot. How about a 'One Snap' (acapella + Skull Snaps edit)

[shameless plug] DJ Ferrari - One Snap [/shameless plug] (although I don't think it's a very good blend)

I'm with Ms Damn... I found this thread hilarious all 3 times I read it hungover at work this morning

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

YO THE SKY IS BLUE!

The hell it is, muhfucka! Look out your damn window--the sky is fuckin' green, bitch!

Sorry, sorry...I'm all hopped up on Krispy Kreme and lack of sleep right now.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Y'all are buggin, that song kills, nice long mix to the instrumental gets the ladies going as recognition creeps over their faces. Finally drops the main mix, that shit is club gold.

You're playing to some pretty schooled-up ladies if they're recognizing a clanging drum loop and a choppy guitar. Good as it may be, IMO, the instro doesn't have instant recognition.

Now women can't recognize a clanging drum loop? BANNED!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

Now women can't recognize a clanging drum loop? BANNED!

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See Em" Busta
    "Give It To Me" Jay-Z

• dmacdmac 472 Posts

Beautifully smooth.

No one's shorting the ladies' ability to recognize a hit tune.

• So that new Christina / Primo sampling Moon People song... I like it and everything but does anyone else think those drums would have sounded tougher if Harrison had done this? It sounds like it came right out out of the MPC or something, kind of.. paper thin. I mean I'm listening to Oh Calcutta right now and it's cool and everything but that break isn't really something that jumps out at you, but Harrison made that shit KNOCK. I want my drums to sound like that. old and gritty but banging.

i'm just a caveman in the world of Xtreme-musicology-analysis. your world frightens and confuses me

organic pub bangers

So that new Christina / Primo sampling Moon People song... I like it and everything but does anyone else think those drums would have sounded tougher if Harrison had done this?

I think pretty much everyone thinks this. I've been listening to the Xtina album and all of Primo's beats on there are like some pale version of someone imitating Primo. Maybe Xtina wanted all the most anemic tracks off of Primo's beat-tape or something but even though I think "Ain't No Other Man" is decent, it's no Rich Harrison. Hell, it's not even Polow.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    So that new Christina / Primo sampling Moon People song... I like it and everything but does anyone else think those drums would have sounded tougher if Harrison had done this?

I think pretty much everyone thinks this. I've been listening to the Xtina album and all of Primo's beats on there are like some pale version of someone imitating Primo. Maybe Xtina wanted all the most anemic tracks off of Primo's beat-tape or something but even though I think "Ain't No Other Man" is decent, it's no Rich Harrison. Hell, it's not even Polow.

Oliver namechecking Polow da Don? What has our world come to?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    WORST THREAD EVAR!

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    WORST THREAD EVAR!

Ditto, RR threads snowball into NRR-ones, fair enough, but the NRR's tend to morph in one nasty burning ball of beefy lava.

Oliver namechecking Polow da Don? What has our world come to?

[Floss]Guess which new L.A. transplant interviewed him at the Mondrian in Hollywood this afternoon?[/Floss]

Note: why does the Mondrian have their valet staff dress up like painters? And their doormen as Banana Republic floor staff? Just asking.

Seriously though: Polow has the #1 and #5 singles in the country this week. Crazy.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

This thread is hilarious.

Rosa Parks is a good contribution, and for some reason I was thinking "Give it to me" also, even though its 808 shaker-synth bass thing is technically not very organic at all.

Also, my wildly uninformed opinion is that the Chistina shit, being so high profile, was handed off to some big budget mix engineer who does mostly R&B. Not being Primo's normal engineer, they went for a real balanced pop mix, as opposed to the normal "primo kick smacking you in the face" mix we've come to expect. Now that I've thrown some wild speculation onto the internets, anyone know who actually mixed this stuff, or Primo's past stuff. Is it Primo himself? That is all....

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I'd like to thank everyone for your participation in this thread.

I was having a very,very,very,very,bad day and the 3 pages of top notch comedy i just read lifted my dead spirit.

Deej,

You are truly the best thing to happen to soulstrut in a long time.

Thank you for making me ltfol again

xoxoxo

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

YO THE SKY IS BLUE!

I have no business whatsoever in this thread, but I did want to inform you that the sky is NOT blue. Free prize to whoever's been down long enough to remember the thread where I was clarified on this point and educated on the realities of refracting light rays.