Describe your local barber shop experience

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Sayin'. Oliver's thread got me wondering.......1).I used to go some old dude named "Georgito" when I was shorty here in San Bruno. He was your typical charming old dude who always had some interesting stories to tell (at least at the time I thought they where cool). What I liked about his place is that he used to make these real intricate models of Dracula, Frankenstine, and other monsters and as a kid you thought that shit was cool. He was later bought-out by a Russian dude named "Vadim" who had mad playboys all over the place. I remember catching my dad sneaking peaks, it was all good though.2). In high school I had my boy Brian cut my hair, since he was Phillipino all he knew to do was the High-Top Fade (SHIG, Paychecks and Jinx know the time) and since I mostly ran with all Phillipino folks guess what hair cut I got. He would cut my hair while we watched old DMC battle videos and talked about how it would feel to finally finger-bang a girl. Since he didn't charge his fee was that I sweep the floor after words.3). My current "barber"; Her name is Grace. All the years before and after high school I've been going to her (which is like a long time). Her accent is mad thick and I think it might be the reason why I sometimes get some suspect-ass haircuts. I can't turn her down because she used to cut my brothers hair as well and she knows my folks (She always tells as I walk out the door"Say Hi to Family"). She's good people and always pleasant, which kind of what going to the Barber is all about.

Comments

• dude, i once got my haircut at the barber shop next to mr. bling bling on geary and fillmore. i was letting my hair grow out but got fed up with the wirey asian fro thing so i went to the closest spot in jtown. big mistake. i walked in and they looked at me like i was crazy. then they carved my head and gave me an edge up. they took off my widow's peak and drew a line around my head with those precision clipper joints. i was looking like pittbull on some culo shit. it was not a good look for me and i wore a hat for a while after that.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I have not been to a barber in 10 years. They only know how to give two cuts. One makes you look like a little kid and the other makes you look like an old man. My hair is falling out and once it is gone I will just shave my head but for the time being I will spend the extra couple of bucks to not look like moe from the three stooges.

I did used to go to a barber in high school. I though he was a nice dude until one day I went in and his girlfriend was there. They were fighting the whole time he cut my hair. About half way through he slapped her hard as shit and told her to get the fuck out. She started screaming and he fucking chased her with a straight razor. Dude flipped and was beating her in the street and threatening to cut her. It took like three cops to subdue him. Come to think of it maybe this is why I don't go to barbers anymore.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    My mom used to cut my hair up to the end of high school. I didn't like my haircut, so I started going to a Japanese hair salon. I like my haircut now, and people say I look "japanese" because of it. I think my decent-looking haircut has boosted my self-esteem somewhat too.

Oh and one time, right by Hamilton High School in LA. I walked into a CD/Record store and people were sitting to get a trim, inside the store. I obviously didn't know what time it is, so feeling a bit uncomfortable, i slowly walked out the store.

• ohsnap! you got dreadlocks?

ohsnap! you got dreadlocks?

No man, i got the fried afro look. This is me at my last dj gig:

• SUGEEEEEEEEEE NA![/b]

• ps

what's the box of tissue for?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I go to the toughest barbershop in my town where n***as get shot in the barber???s chair!

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    1) just recently started going to this cat named melo who is consistent as hell with his shape ups. they don't look too angular so i've been pleased. plus he sells sneakers in the store and is one of my main sources of information on the new shit. last time i went he had his custom bike posted up outside with a for sale sign...he had all these people coming in during my appt. he was looking for 21,000 obo...

2) the barber before melo was this crazy family with the oddest decor. they had the strangest t-shirts hanging from the ceiling and they would serve alcohol on special occasions. i was dumb enough to accept a maker's with a splash while getting my haircut...hair in yo drank is nagl. the girl nikki that cut my hair would always give me unnecessary details about her sex life...seriously next level amount of detail...

***i asked around this past spring because nikki was too busy so my guy al told me about this spot in bronzeville. being white walking in was hilarious because it got all quiet and everyone looked at me... ror. could have been an outtake from barbershop 12. it was cool but too far [45 minutes] to become my regular barber.

ps

what's the box of tissue for?

Dj Head man!!!

you know i'm joking about that pic right?