Young Phonics vs. Harvey Canal

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I'm not encouraging beef but I'm tired of seeing my thread get hijacked so if YP and HC wanna slapbox over their mutual fashions, here's your own space. Go crazy.

Comments

• Who is Young Phonics? By this I mean, is he a DJ or HipHop artist of note? Is he related to "Phil Most"? I've picked up much SS lore through context in my many months of bothering you all, but these facts have eluded me. Illuminate the YP/JP/F_R in-joke triad for me, please.

• By this I mean, is he a DJ or HipHop artist of note? Is he related to "Phil Most"? I've picked up much SS lore through context in my many months of bothering you all, but these facts have eluded me. Illuminate the YP/JP/F_R in-joke triad for me, please.

BAN

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Much more compelling = Colt McCoy vs. Jevan Snead.

At least I know that Gene thinks so...

• By this I mean, is he a DJ or HipHop artist of note? Is he related to "Phil Most"? I've picked up much SS lore through context in my many months of bothering you all, but these facts have eluded me. Illuminate the YP/JP/F_R in-joke triad for me, please.

BAN

lol. I promise, it's an honest question. Not on some sarcastic "who IS YP anyway"?

• Much more compelling = Colt McCoy vs. Jevan Snead.

At least I know that Gene thinks so...

Haha. I might have to give you a win back since the Bomarr fiasco. My money is on....the true frosh. Yo, that pic on AAS sports yesterday was mad "AYO."

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Who is Young Phonics? By this I mean, is he a DJ or HipHop artist of note?

No, he only dresses like those Sa-Ra dudes; he's not actually in the group.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Illuminate the YP/JP/F_R in-joke triad for me, please.

In this corner
    Neo-soul DJ extraordinaire (japan, yo!) with occasional ayo phrase drops and taste fluxuating between questionnable (that new.. is fire) and solid

vs

the tag team

DJ/Store owner...good knowledge/taste Attitude varies (quick jokes,respect) spend all day in front of store computer related

Street connected lawyer..all omnipotent opinion on real hiphop...resident hatteur and so forth and so on (surprinsingly serious about latin records)

All in all an unimportant floating beef skillet whos vapors emanate out of the daily soulstrut kitchen

notable facts: JP comicbookstore guy = good use of props in-joke
    bear/hatteur birthday cake/avatar combo..a little scary

Young phonics kufi attire is way more rugged than the softness of Faux.s bedsheet/down selection

you have been briefed

• between questionnable (that new.. is fire)

Ain't nothing questionable about that "new-ish" Omarion piff.

• Illuminate the YP/JP/F_R in-joke triad for me, please.

In this corner
    Neo-soul DJ extraordinaire (japan, yo!) with occasional ayo phrase drops and taste fluxuating between questionnable (that new.. is fire) and solid

vs

the tag team

DJ/Store owner...good knowledge/taste Attitude varies (quick jokes,respect) spend all day in front of store computer related

Street connected lawyer..all omnipotent opinion on real hiphop...resident hatteur and so forth and so on (surprinsingly serious about latin records)

All in all an unimportant floating beef skillet whos vapors emanate out of the daily soulstrut kitchen

notable facts: JP comicbookstore guy = good use of props in-joke
    bear/hatteur birthday cake/avatar combo..a little scary

Young phonics kufi attire is way more rugged than the softness of Faux.s bedsheet/down selection

you have been briefed

Haha. You rock.

"Street connected lawyer"....like he reps drug dealers and shit?

What's the DJ name?

"attitude varies"

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

What's the DJ name?

"attitude varies"

johhny paycheck for all i know check out that chicano mix

i only do this for you gene

catch you on waxidermy..(AYO!)

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

"Just like you, man...I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase...It's all in the game, though, right?"

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I'm not encouraging beef but I'm tired of seeing my thread get hijacked so if YP and HC wanna slapbox over their mutual fashions, here's your own space. Go crazy.