Touch of Class - "Love Means Everything" question

SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Anyone know the deal with Touch of Class' 1981 album "Love Means Everything"? It was recently reissued on CD by P-Vine. According to the description on DGA, this album has the exact same songs as "I'm In Heaven," their 1976 album on Midland International. Is this true? ...and if so, why does it sell for twice the amount that the earlier issue goes for? = (on a private label, with a heftier price tag?)SG

Comments

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Steady 'in?

SG

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Just guessing, but if they are the same songs, different mixes? Larry Levan farted on the track?

• redgregredgreg 96 Posts
    I don't think the "I'm In Heaven" album contains "I Said It Before"

I don't think the "I'm In Heaven" album contains "I Said It Before"

Cool! This is the kind of info I'm looking for, as I've been curious about the "Love Means Everything" album for a long time.

Seems like some of the songs overlap between the two albums, but Dusty Groove states that LME is the exact same album as IIM in their product description. Can anyone post up the track listings of the two albums for comparison purposes?

SG

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    Anyone know the deal with Touch of Class' 1981 album "Love Means Everything"? It was recently reissued on CD by P-Vine. According to the description on DGA, this album has the exact same songs as "I'm In Heaven," their 1976 album on Midland International. Is this true? ...and if so, why does it sell for twice the amount that the earlier issue goes for?

=

(on a private label, with a heftier price tag?)

SG

"Love Means Everything" sells for much more than twice the amount that "I'm In Heaven" Sells for.

Tracklist for "I'm In Heaven"

Side A
    I'm in Heaven
    I just Can't Say Gooodbye
    You Got To Know Better
    Anything

Side B
    You Got Nowhere to Come
    I Love You Pretty Baby
    One Half As Much
    Love Me Tonigh

Tracklist for "Love Means Everything" (I got this one from popsike off an auction by groove merchant.

1. LOVE MEANS EVERYTHING
    2.I SAID IT BEFORE
    3.I'M IN HEAVEN
    4.YOU GOT TO KNOW BETTER
    5.LOVE ME TONIGHT
    6.YOU GOT NOWHERE TO COME
    7.ONE HALF AS MUCH
    8.I JUST CAN'T SAY GOODBYE
    9.ANYTHING

But I would also like to know the deal on wether or not it's the same versions of new ones on "Love means...."

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    Tracklist for "I'm In Heaven"

Side A
    I'm in Heaven
    I just Can't Say Gooodbye
    You Got To Know Better
    Anything

Side B
    You Got Nowhere to Come
    I Love You Pretty Baby
    One Half As Much
    Love Me Tonigh

Tracklist for "Love Means Everything" (I got this one from popsike off an auction by groove merchant.

1. LOVE MEANS EVERYTHING
    2.I SAID IT BEFORE
    3.I'M IN HEAVEN
    4.YOU GOT TO KNOW BETTER
    5.LOVE ME TONIGHT
    6.YOU GOT NOWHERE TO COME
    7.ONE HALF AS MUCH
    8.I JUST CAN'T SAY GOODBYE
    9.ANYTHING

So "Love Means Everything" has "1. LOVE MEANS EVERYTHING" and "2.I SAID IT BEFORE" which I'm in heaven don't have.

And "I'm in Heaven" has "I Love You Pretty Baby"!

Thanks for all the info, GameOle!

I will be getting that reissue then, as opposed to the Midland "I'm In Heaven" OG. That exclusive title track totally kicks ass and is the worth the Japanese import price IMO (not sure if it's worth the price of the Stack 'O Hits OG, though)...

SG