I just bought a @#$^%*in' House Part 2

Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
IMG SRC="http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/Birdman9/Ben Sailing/P1010273.jpg" width=900>http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/Birdman9/Ben Sailing/P1010291.jpg" alt="" />http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/Birdman9/Ben Sailing/P1010288.jpg" alt="" />IMG SRC="http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/Birdman9/Ben%20Sailing/P1010310.jpg" width=900>IMG SRC="http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/Birdman9/Ben%20Sailing/P1010298.jpg" width=900>Heart of DC. After 4 years away in MD, I am moving all of 5 blocks away and back into the didtrict. Just in time to vote for the new Mayor.oh, and the BMW is my agent's ride, not ours. I wish.

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Congrads!

Very nice pad, what year was it built? Lovin' those floors and door ways.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Congrats, C****! Looks like you've got plenty of space to work with! Best of luck with the new digs. Kids can't be too far off the radar now, no?

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

• gorgeous, what part of the building is pic #3???

you got a lot of windows. you consider passive solar at all?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    wow that is huge and awesome. congratulations chris! very nice find

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Congrats! Are the records going in the hobbitt dungeon? (No diss, that one door looks short, but it's due to the angle of the pic's perspective).

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    gentrifier.

was the blonde included?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Pic 3 is the 2 car garage with attached studio, which we hope to renovate into a usable living space. It was previously used as an office. A nice bonus.

The house was built in 1919, and was owned for the last 30 plus years by Eastern Menonite College in West Virginia, and used as a student house for students they had attending Catholic University. Buying it from a University proved to be a godsend, as they took our offer right away, they priced it to move and there was no drama of dealing with a person. It just had to pass a committee.

My records will go on the first floor for now....and then in the attic once I finish it (all of which will be after I sell my current house). The attic is amazingly cool, literally. We will also be doing solar shingles on the roof, as DC has a grant program that promotes solar, so with the size of the place we need that boost.

The best part is that this was all unplanned. We saw it just over 1 month ago today, the weekend before July 4. My wife's mother lives around the corner (it's just off Rhode Island and South Dakota NE for DC folks), and she got a flyer. We just were curious as to what an 8-bedroom house looked like. Funny how things work out, it was too much of a steal NOT to try to get it. And thanks to a great agent(who was a former co-worker of mine), we got it together. Now the whole family lives within 1 square block!

• That place looks incredible! Beautiful floors, too. Although I don't envy you having to mow all that grass in the DC heat.

Welcome to the club (of people who brown bag it to offset their mortgages ).

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    gentrifier.

was the blonde included?

HALF-gentrifier. Or blendifier, if you prefer. We will be rocking the Trinidad flag, along with the neighbors behind us.

The blond is our agent. Not a built in.

Also, good story, we found out at the closing that our main competition was a pack of nuns, but we beat out their sorry asses!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

For fucking real!

C***, I'm looking forward to helping you move your records.

Into my car.

• awesome pics grats

hope to see you there sometime...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I like how you just bought a huge house but then feel it necessary to clarify, "the BMW isn't ours." I mean, dude, you just bought a house.

Congrats man, the place looks spanky.

• tsmtsm 16 Posts
    the place looks haunted.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    The picnic table is a nice bonus. I was just looking to buy one new today.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    congrats holmes !

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    My wife's mother lives around the corner

It sounded too perfect!

• Beautifull looking pad my man!Ain't findin shit like that in the Bay for under a million,unless were talkin In the serious cuttiness.

• CONGRATS. that's a very gorgeous crib. had lunch with my dad yesterday(hes a real estate agent) told him i could afford to pay about $3500 a month and he said the only thing i could afford is a mobile home in a trailor park. so it dont look like i'll ever afford a house in long beach. peace, stein. . .

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

homeowner.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I like how you just bought a huge house but then feel it necessary to clarify, "the BMW isn't ours." I mean, dude, you just bought a house.

Congrats man, the place looks spanky.

for real. COngratulations though, i hope to be there with you one day.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Dope, man. Love to see grown folks buying real estate!

Bars on the window are:

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    nice !

near c.u. ,
    great investment !!

bars on the windows =

otherwise fatback will gets the records

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Talk about making real world moves.
    Congrats!!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Nice looking house man! Congratulations. Old houses don't stand around for too long along the Westcoast because of earthquakes.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    what the fuck is that???
    a house? it's like a mansion!

are you sure it's not haunted? it's looks a little too good to be true, just saying, better have a paranormal expert do a walk-through

CONGRATS MAN.