Ebay violence and Blues fanatics

TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
just curious how many of you ebay sellers have ever had a buyer threaten you with violence?just wrapped up a miserable transaction with an un-named Austin blues fan.. he had his homie call last night and threaten me and my business. what's worse is that dude called me at home during dinner with my family (who's visiting) and began making threats..

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    how does buying a blues record erupt into violence?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    What's the backstory to this?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    What's the backstory to this?

f'reals. and did his number show up on caller ID?

I think its time for some soulstrut justice.

I got mad condoms to send out

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I got mad condoms to send out

It's time for a color code for record condoms. Like:

Green condom: this was a nice transaction.

Red condom: this transaction sucks ass

Etc.

• how does buying a blues record erupt into violence?

He lost his dog, and then his woman left him, then he got thrown out of his house, now he's got a lot of time on his hands.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Who is this person?

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    What's the record already!?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I woke up this mooorning
    and your record was not VG+

Said, I woke up this mooorning

• I woke up this mooorning

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I woke up this mooorning

Can we get a "I Got the VG- Blues" graemlin?

I woke up this mooorning

Can we get a "I Got the VG- Blues" graemlin?

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

He lost his dog, and then his woman left him, then he got thrown out of his house, now he's got a lot of time on his hands.

haha. thanks for that A*****.. makes the whole ordeal easier to swallow..

but basically this is how it went:

1) had a blues rec for sale.
    2) dude wins the LP, pays immediatley via echeck
    3) as i'm doing invoices, i get to his and ebay tells me that he's no longer a reg. user.
    4) based on past experience, this is a bad sign, so i offered it the 2nd highest bidder.
    5) time passes and i write off the 1st bidder.. but when he emails later about the lp, i'm thinking he's the 2nd bidder and let him know that it's been sent etc..
    6) more time passes and homie re-emails, getting salty. so i double check our selling manager and see what the mistake was..
    7) email arguement ensues, all the while i'm trying to explain to the guy what happened.
    8) he want's to to chat via tele, i tell him that's not a good idea since he's done nothing but disrespect and insult me.
    9) we chat/argue and end on very good terms. i offer him a refund, or the wax if another copy shows up.
    10) no copies around town, so it's time for a refund.
    11) past 2 weeks have been maddening (heat, family visits, etc..) so the refund wasn't sent out in a timely manner.
    12) yesterday, his homie calls me up and immediately launches into a tirade about how i'm dishonest, liar, etc... i told him the deal and he still wants to berate/threaten me.
    13) mo' drama, mo' drama. now i want to pay homie a visit and threaten him while his family watches.

ps.. during our convo he screams continually "I WANT JUSTICE!!"

• Post his contact info here...

Some international nuisance calls may force him to rethink his game...

Nobody likes being woke up in the middle of the night...

3) as i'm doing invoices, i get to his and ebay tells me that he's no longer a reg. user.
    4) based on past experience, this is a bad sign, so i offered it the 2nd highest bidder.
    5) time passes and i write off the 1st bidder.. but when he emails later about the lp, i'm thinking he's the 2nd bidder and let him know that it's been sent etc..
    6) more time passes and homie re-emails, getting salty. so i double check our selling manager and see what the mistake was..
    7) email arguement ensues, all the while i'm trying to explain to the guy what happened.
    8) he want's to to chat via tele, i tell him that's not a good idea since he's done nothing but disrespect and insult me.
    9) we chat/argue and end on very good terms. i offer him a refund, or the wax if another copy shows up.
    11) past 2 weeks have been maddening (heat, family visits, etc..) so the refund wasn't sent out in a timely manner.
    12) yesterday, his homie calls me up and immediately launches into a tirade about how i'm dishonest, liar, etc... i told him the deal and he still wants to berate/threaten me.
    13) mo' drama, mo' drama. now i want to pay homie a visit and threaten him while his family watches.

Sorry, dude but sounds like you dropped the ball. I'd be pissed if I was him too.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

Sorry, dude but sounds like you dropped the ball. I'd be pissed if I was him too.

i'm in complete agreement. that was the jist of my convo w/ the 1st dude. but my gripe here is threat of physical violence by a stranger, who's not affiliated with the transaction, and who didn't know one thing about my initial convo with the real bidder.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

I almost just did this with funky_muse, but his account was reactivated and he paid me right before I was gonna offer it again. Lucky him and lucky me I guess so I'll avoid this kind of situation.